Chapter 11

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1½-year old Sehunnie…

Of which, baby’s favorite uncles Baekhyun and Chanyeol are getting married. Will the ‘Best Baby’ carry out his duties to perfection and safely deliver his uncles’ rings to the altar? 

 

“Baekhyun! You look too beautiful…” Kyungsoo beamed as he strode into the room with an excited Sehun in his arms.

Baby, who was clutching onto his favorite Pororo plushy, looked up when he heard his favorite uncle’s name.

“W-Woah!” Sehun jabbed a finger at Baekhyun’s direction, seemingly agreeing to his father’s comment.

In all his nervousness, Baekhyun stood and went to hug Kyungsoo and Sehun. “My heart is beating so fast, I feel like I’m going to get a heart attack soon.”

Kyungsoo chuckled and rubbed the other’s lower back soothingly.

“Relax, Baek. You’re marrying the love of your life! Embrace the moment…” Both adults watched as Sehun leaned forward to tap at Baekhyun’s barely noticeable baby bump.

Baekhyun granted his friend a small smile and caressed his tummy, “I’m more excited than nervous, truth be told.”

Kyungsoo scoffed and placed Sehun down onto the carpet when baby asked to be let down. “Good for you! I was just with Chanyeol and you won’t believe how nervous he is… He looked as if he was about to faint!”

Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo squatted beside Sehun who was wriggling on the carpet. His friend’s face scrunched up and his voice altered to a deep bass, in what looked to be his best shot at a gross representation of Chanyeol.

“But Kyungie… What if Baekhyun suddenly regrets marrying me and walks out of the ceremony? I can’t live without him!” Kyungsoo mimicked. “But Kyungie… What if someone voices their disapproval to our matrimony? Can I kill that person? But Kyungie… What if I forget my vows? But Kyungie… What if a bird poops on me halfway through the ceremony? Hey, that’s a valid concern since we’re having the wedding outdoors. Blah Blah Blah…”

Kyungsoo grimaced as Baekhyun giggled into his fist. “Kai had to slap him to snap him out of it… In fact, my husband’s still there ensuring that my idiotic best friend,” He jabbed a finger at Baekhyun’s chest, “your idiotic husband-to-be, doesn’t freak out and drown himself in the toilet bowl!”

Baekhyun chuckled and looked down when he felt little fingers tapping at his legs.

Sehun was looking up at him with hopeful eyes, lifting his hands up as if he wanted Baekhyun to carry him. Of course, who was he to deny him?

“Sehunnie!” Baekhyun chirped and lifted baby, conveniently resting him on his small protruding bump. “How’s my ‘best baby’?” He pinched one of Sehun’s cheeks.

“Hunnie l-luv choo…” Baby cheered and poked at Baekhyun’s nose.

Awww…

“Uncle loves Hunnie too!” Baekhyun yelled and peppered Sehun’s face with kisses, baby giggling and reveling in the attention.

“Should I call Chanyeol and tell him you want to marry Sehun instead?” Kyungsoo teased, just as his phone started ringing. Kyungsoo looked down, smiled when he saw his husband’s name and mouthed, “It’s Kai” to Baekhyun before walking out to the balcony to receive the call.

“Hey, babe.” Kyungsoo smiled into the phone.

He was kind of expecting Kai’s panicked voice, and true enough, it was his husband’s frantic tone he first heard after he picked up the call.

“Oh my god, Soo.” Kai hissed, “You have got to come back here and control your best friend!”

Kyungsoo laughed, “What did Yeol do this time?”

Kai tutted, “The better question is what did he not do? I swear my ears are about to drop off at the rate he is reciting his worries- No! Get back here, Chanyeol. *Thump. Stop right th-NO! Back off.” A moment of silence ensued before Kai’s heavy breathing sounded through the phone.

Kyungsoo really shouldn’t be laughing at his husband’s misery right now.

“Babe…” Kai whined, “Chanyeol tried to go see Baekhyun again despite me telling him for the hundredth time that the bride-in this case, groom, and groom shouldn’t meet up before the actual wedding.”

“You will not stand in the way of me and bae, Kim-ing-Kai!” Chanyeol’s voice could be heard somewhere in the background before another loud *thump was heard.

Kyungsoo could almost imagine Kai bodily blocking Chanyeol from the door. My poor hubby…

“Hang in there, baby!” He glan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter