Chapter 16

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: New character~ Hope you enjoy this chapter... <3

 

 

2½ -year old Sehunnie…

Of which, Kyungsoo brings Sehun to the playground down the road and they chance upon something totally unexpected.

 

 

“Take care of your Appa, you hear me, Hunnie?” Kai bent down to give Sehun a kiss on the cheek.

“Yes, Daddy!” Sehun nodded. “Remember what I said? Who’s the head of the family when Daddy’s at work?” Kai asked whilst Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. I’m pregnant, not impaired.

“Hunnie!” Sehun yelled and puffed out his chest, jabbing a finger at it. “Hunnie will protect Appa and baby for Daddy.” Their child grinned as Kai ruffled his hair with a “Good boy!”

Kyungsoo could coo. Seems like Sehun inherited Kai’s overprotectiveness.

“Drive safe.” Kyungsoo said before Kai kissed him on the lips. The latter leaned down and pecked his protruding stomach. “Behave, little one. Stop kicking your Appa, okay?” Kai grinned before he waved and stepped out of the apartment.

Father and son stared at each other for a few seconds before Sehun was ushering Kyungsoo to the couch; Sehun was taking his protector role very seriously.

“What do you want to do today, baby?” Kyungsoo asked and pulled Sehun onto his lap.

Of course, his answer would have something to do with Luhan. “Hunnie wants to see Lulu!” Sehun clasped his hands together, as if he was asking for permission.

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Uncle Baek is taking Luhan to the doctors today. We can go to their house tomorrow.”

“Why Lulu go to doctors?” Sehun frowned and stared up at his Appa, “Lulu sick?”

Kyungsoo chuckled. My baby is worried about my future son-in-law. How sweet. “No, Lulu’s not sick. He just has to take some injections today so that he won’t fall sick easily.” He explained.

Oh… Sehun frowned. He remembered the scary doctor with the needle. He cried a lot the day he had to get his shots.

“Can Hunnie hold Lulu’s hand so Lulu no cry?” Sehun asked. “Awww…” Kyungsoo cooed and plant kisses all over Sehun’s face. “Luhan will appreciate that very much, baby. But they’ve already left for the doctors. Want to go to the playground with Appa instead?”

Sehun’s face lit up; all sadness of not being able to accompany Luhan to the doctors faded at the mention of ‘playground’.

“Swing! Hunnie wants to go up up on the swing.” He said, hands extending up to illustrate how high he’d want his Appa to push him.

Kyungsoo chuckled and carried Sehun to his room so that they could get dressed. “Okay, baby. Appa will make Hunnie fly!”

Wasn’t it what a parent would do; nurturing and bringing up their child so that one day, their kid can form wings and learn to fly.

They got to the playground fairly quickly thanks to Sehun’s persistent tugs on Kyungsoo’s hand, but baby was also careful enough, for he didn’t want his Appa to rush.

What if his Appa falls down and hurts himself and the baby? Daddy will be very disappointed in Hunnie, Sehun thought.

“Careful, Appa.” Sehun pointed at the curb and kept notifying Kyungsoo of its presence despite the elder being already aware of it.

Baby only straightened up after his Appa crossed over safely. Kyungsoo chuckled and smiled fondly at Sehun.

The two-year old let out a crazed shriek when he spotted the vacant swings; “Appa! Swing swing!” Kyungsoo huffed as he lifted Sehun onto the seat. His baby was growing heavier by the day. Either that, or I’m growing weaker… He stared at his flabby arms.

The playground was deserted since most adults would be at work, and their kids, at school, at this time of the day. That meant that Sehun had no competition whatsoever; the boy was scrambling to play at every corner of the playground whilst Kyungsoo rested on a nearby bench.

“Be careful, honey!” Kyungsoo yelled as Sehun almost tripped over a stray stone.

When Kyungsoo failed to spot his son after several minutes of silence where Sehun had disappeared behind the giant slides, he got to his feet quickly.

“Sehun?” Kyungsoo yelled as he jogged cautiously to the other side of the playground. He started to panic, only to sigh in r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter