Chapter 26

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~5-year old Sehunnie, 7-year old Jongdae, 2-year Hani…

Of which, enough is enough and Kai is “running away”. [PART ONE]

 

 

I’m running away! Kai huffed pettily and strode into their bedroom, grabbing his small luggage usually meant for short business trips before swinging open the door to his and Kyungsoo’s walk-in closet. All he wanted was some love from his husband and children, but what did he get?

 

Nada… Zilch.

 

His two boys were still overly dependent on Kyungsoo and barely treated him right. He’s their father too, was it really that difficult to grant him a kiss on the cheek or a hug when he asked for it? Only Hani was on his side, his little princess. But she was still too young and Kai couldn’t really blame her for slobbering all over his face when all he asked from her was a kiss.

 

Enough is enough. If they don’t appreciate me, I’m running away! Kai’s mind screamed at him. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Kai nibbled on his bottom lip anxiously. He hastily packed some clothes with the intention of spending several nights away in Tokyo.

 

Not really, nah. He wasn’t in fact running away. Kai had received a call earlier about an urgent contractual issue with one of their stakeholders in Japan and had decided to make the trip down to the Tokyo office to settle the matter personally.

 

He just likes to pretend that this short trip is him running away to teach his family a lesson that he’d always be a necessary figure in their lives. It could be considered a short break from him as well, having been stressed at work for the past couple of weeks.

 

Kai knew that the boys were most probably having dinner with Kyungsoo at the mall since he had notified his husband that he would be working late today. He shoved a couple more basic necessities into his bag before the shrill ring of his phone sounded in the otherwise quiet room. “I’m heading to the airport already.” Kai left their room after a quick glance back at their family photo by the bedside table.

 

Who was he kidding? He loved his family too much to stay angry at them for long. “Be there soon… Get the papers for me and link me up with Director Nakamura. Thanks.” Kai barked into his phone before hanging up and settling into the driver’s seat.

 

In his haste to leave the country, Kai conveniently forgets to leave a note.

 

 

“H-Hello?” Baekhyun mumbled into his phone, hand rubbing at his bleary eyes before he took a look at the nearest clock. Chanyeol’s warm body was still wrapped around him and he found that he couldn’t really move much with how closely his husband was holding him.

 

“Help me, Baek!” Kyungsoo’s hysterical voice plus the sobbing was not what he expected to hear at 8 in the morning. “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol away before sitting up, his husband grumbled and peeked open an eye to look up at him. He thinks he hears Chanyeol whispering “cuddle monster wants his cuddles” but he paid no attention to the other’s crazy.

 

Kyungsoo never cries. Kyungsoo never shows weakness. The only time he had witnessed the other man crying was when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter