Chapter 9

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1-year old Sehunnie…

Of which, it is finally baby’s first birthday and he is treated like a King for the entire day (well…more than he usually is pampered). Daddy and Appa are throwing a special party with Sehun’s Uncles. Special appearances by Kris, Suho, kid!Yixing and kid!Xiumin.

April 12th was a special day.

The second Sehun’s eyelids fluttered open that morning he was greeted by the excited faces of both his Daddy and Appa.

“Happy birthday, baby!” Kai and Kyungsoo cheered.

They waved balloons and baby rattles in his face enthusiastically; both had wide grins on their faces.

Sehun merely eyed them for a moment, scrunched up his face when the first ray of sunlight came through the curtains, before he turned away and dove back into the comfort of his favorite blankie; completely ignoring his fathers.

Kyungsoo and Kai froze before eyeing each other.

“Holy … you think he fainted cause of shock?” Kai whispered.

Kyungsoo pinched his husband’s sides, only to kiss the other’s pout away when it looked like a whine threatened to appear.

“I told you we should have waited a while instead of ambushing him the moment he woke!” The smaller pouted and stared at his baby’s sleeping form.

Kyungsoo laid beside Sehun and patted his baby’s back softly, “Sleep, my little prince.”

He turned back to his husband. “Keep blowing!” Kyungsoo hissed at Kai.

The latter arched an eyebrow and his lips slyly; Kai’s hands inched towards the other’s waistband before Kyungsoo kicked him away.

“The balloons, you idiot! I’m not asking you to blow me.” Kyungsoo threw his hands up exasperatedly.

Kai whined and pouted, before he resumed blowing up balloons to join the many that already floated above Sehun’s bed.

Baby’s entire room’s ceiling was flooded with royal blue and pale white decorations.

Last year, two of their close friends, Kris and Suho, celebrated their youngest son’s first birthday in style. Ever the ones to rise up to the occasion, Kai and Kyungsoo were determined to go one up on baby Xiumin’s party.

Kai and Kyungsoo were after all, ers for their own baby son, so no doubt they would do their utmost to bring on the extravagant and give Sehun the best first birthday celebration ever.

When Sehun woke up (for real this time) two hours later, Kyungsoo pulled his baby’s body to himself and assaulted him with multiple kisses all across his face and tummy.

A smile crept up Sehun’s face as he reveled under the attention his father was giving him.

“Pa…” Sehun gurgled as Kyungsoo blew raspberries on his little tummy.

“My beautiful baby.” Kyungsoo beamed before Kai wrapped himself around them.

“And you both are my beautiful babies.”

It was when Sehun looked pass his fathers that he noticed the balloons above him.

Excitement flashed across baby’s face as he lifted both arms towards the balloons.

“Gah!” Kai lifted Sehun up whilst Kyungsoo pulled down a balloon for him.

Sehun stared at the balloons in awe; he was too young to know what a birthday meant and just how important this day was for him.

“Happy birthday, baby.” Kai and Kyungsoo each kissed one of Sehun’s cheeks.

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s day was about to get even better.

After the cute wake-up call he got from his parents, Sehun clung to Kyungsoo’s neck as his Appa carried him out of his bedroom.

There, in the middle of the living room, was an incredibly large (and out of place) Pororo-themed moon bounce.

Sehun’s jaw dropped as his eyes followed this too-tall man dressed in a too-small Pororo onesie bouncing up and down in the middle of the moon bounce.

Baby recognized his beloved Uncle Baek though, who came forward to plant a kiss on his forehead.

“Happy birthday, Sehunnie.” Baekhyun took Sehun from Kyungsoo’s arms.

Their attention was caught when the man in the Pororo onesie bounced forward.

Sehun literally flinched and hid his face in Baekhyun’s neck.

He wasn’t used to such a tall and ugly-looking Pororo.

“Stop ruining Pororo’s reputation, Yeol!” Kyungsoo hissed and comforted Sehun, “Hush baby… it’s just Uncle Yeol.”

Sehun blinked suspiciously when Chanyeol pulled down the facemask to reveal his too-wide grin. “Hunnie! Happy birthday, my grandson.” Kai snor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter