Chapter 8

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1-year old Sehunnie…

Of which, Daddy and Uncle Yeol are trying to teach baby how to walk and say something that wasn’t a “Gah!” or a “Gu!” or a “Lu!” whilst Appa and Uncle Baek are preoccupied with wedding plans.

 

 

It was 7am on a Saturday that Kim Kai found himself half-awake and trying to persuade a very stubborn Sehun to eat his breakfast.

No part of the above sentence made sense.

One, it is practically a miracle for Kim Kai to be awake at seven in the morning.

Two, it is a Saturday and getting out of bed at the crack of dawn should be illegal (according to Kim Kai).

Three, what kind of baby would refuse food, I ask you? Food is like the ultimate bribe for anyone to your bidding.

I don’t have the energy to keep this up any longer. Kai yawned and lifted a spoonful of porridge to baby’s lips.

Of course that little brat would reject the food.

Kai was half-tempted to call Kyungsoo for help; his husband always knew how to get Sehun to be a good boy and eat his breakfast, but the said man was rushing in and out of their bedroom and bathroom.

“Where did you say you’re going again?” Kai mumbled out as Kyungsoo zoomed into the kitchen and grabbed a small carton of banana milk from the fridge.

His husband shrugged on a thin jacket and came over to kiss Sehun’s cheeks, to which baby gurgled and reveled in the affection from his Appa, before cupping Kai’s cheeks and planting a soft kiss onto those inviting lips.

“I’m meeting Baek for wedding preparations.” Kyungsoo rushed out as Kai set down the bowl of baby’s porridge and trailed after Kyungsoo, watching the latter cutely struggle to put on his shoes.

Ahhhh… now that the wedding is near, no wonder Soo’s always busy.

“We’re driving to the lake house today to scope out the venue.” Kyungsoo straightened up after wearing both shoes.

“Drive safe.” Kai smiled and hugged his husband goodbye.

A loud “Gah!” came from the kitchen.

Kyungsoo chuckled and waved goodbye to his husband. “Sehun is getting impatient… Chanyeol is coming over to accompany you and baby. Bye, dearie.”

“Love you!” Kai shouted as the door slammed shut.

Letting out a deep sigh, Kai trudged back to the kitchen and plopped into his seat in front of Sehun.

He stared at baby, baby stared at him, and in between them was the bowl of untouched porridge.

Kai’s eyes widened with hope when Sehun reached out to grab the spoon.

Yes, yes! I can’t believe it… he’s going to eat by himself!

Only to gasp in shock when he felt porridge rain down on him after baby went “Gah!” and flicked the spoon at him.

Patience, Kim Kai... Sehun’s your precious baby. You love him very much. Be nice… he’s just too young to know what’s right from wrong…

*SPLAT. There goes another spoonful of porridge. Kai could only plant a forced smile onto his face.

After a Pororo marathon at 7am and countless threats to baby’s 54 Pororos in his room, Sehun gulped down the food with a pout on his lips.

Kai was this close to falling back asleep after his great achievement since it was only eight in the morning, but his parental responsibility of not leaving Sehun unattended, not to mention the constant whacks he received from the controller Sehun was welding, prevented him from doing so.

He was halfway through forcing/coaching baby to learn how to say the ABCs/Daddy when the doorbell rang.

Oh, must be Chanyeol…

Sehun peered up at him from the stack of cards he was playing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter