Chapter 20

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Please remember that I don't like angst and I can never write a sad ending... so don't worry too much about Soo and the baby. All is well~ 

 

~3-year old Sehunnie, 5-year old Jongdae…

Of which, everyone learns the true value of love and family.

 

 

Kai felt crushed.

There is never a worst feeling in life when someone tells you that the person you love is in danger.

“Please save him. I can’t live without him. Please don’t let anything happen to him.” Kai begged.

Sudden complications. High-risk pregnancy. They were just some of the heavy medical terms used by the doctor but Kai barely heard and understood all of it.

All he knew was that Kyungsoo and their baby was in danger.

The love of his life was in danger and there was a chance that Kai will lose him.

“You’re okay, baby. You’re going to be fine.” Kai whispered and planted a long kiss on the back of Kyungsoo’s hand clasped within his own.

“Kai… I’m scared. Our baby…” Kyungsoo whimpered.

He could see that the other was desperately trying to hold in his screams; the pain must have been excruciating.

Kai leaned forward and kissed his husband’s forehead before whispering comforting words into Kyungsoo’s ear.

“Are we almost at the hospital?” He rushed the medic but whirled around to nuzzle at Kyungsoo’s face even before he could get a reply.

“You’re okay. The baby’s going to be okay… the doctors will help us. I’m here for you, Soo.” Kai prayed.

But there was nothing he could do, and they both knew that.

Kai felt helpless.

He also felt as if his entire world was caving in on him.

I’ll do anything… just, please… let my Kyungsoo and our baby be fine.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s condition had deteriorated on the ride to the hospital and the second they had arrived at the hospital, his water had broke and Kyungsoo had been wheeled into one of the operating theatres; they needed to get the baby out now before both father and child’s lives got compromised.

Why my Kyungsoo? Kai was almost hysterical but he had to try and stay calm so as to not freak his husband out even more.

It was so sudden; one second Kyungsoo was fine, he was laughing along with the rest of the family, the next, he was crying out in pain.

Why?

Life really is unexpected and one should always be grateful to spend everyday healthy and happy.

Kai stared up at the closed doors and paced about with worry. Kyungsoo was fighting for his and their baby’s life and he was stuck at the wrong side of the door.

Dammit! He slammed his fists on the glass door as tears crept up in his eyes.

The way Kyungsoo stared at him before he was wheeled away, hands reaching out for him but only grasping thin air; the heartbreaking look on both their faces when Kyungsoo turned the corner and they couldn’t see each other anymore.

Please. Please. Please.

“Daddy!” Kai turned around to see Sehun and Jongdae running towards him with Baekhyun and Chanyeol following after the two kids, the latter holding onto Luhan.

He spread out his arms and wrapped them around both his boys when the two jumped into his embrace. Kai felt momentary solace with his two sons in his arms.

“Where’s Appa, Daddy?” Sehun asked worriedly. “Is Appa and baby okay?” Jongdae mumbled against the skin on his neck.

I don’t know. God, I don’t know…

Kai buried his head between Sehun and Jongdae’s; “He’s going to be fine.” He whispered, more to convince himself than the two boys and Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “He has to be fine.”

“Kyungsoo’s a fighter, Kai. He’ll be okay.” Chanyeol laid a hand on Kai’s shoulder and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter