Chapter 25

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~5-year old Sehunnie, 7-year old Jongdae, 2-year Hani…

Of which, Kai and Kyungsoo are off on a holiday and their babies miss them. Or they just miss Kyungsoo. 

 

 

“I WANT MY APPA!” Sehun wailed and grabbed at his Uncle Chanyeol’s long coat, tugging at it petulantly, almost desperately. “I miss Appa…” The young boy sobbed and every adult near them felt their hearts shatter at the tear tracks on Sehun’s face.

 

“Your Appa and Daddy will be back soon, Hunnie… Please don’t cry.” Chanyeol crouched down beside the five-year old and sighed when the other threw himself at him, Sehun hugging the life out of his neck; he could feel the small one’s tears on his collarbone.

 

“W-When will Appa come back to Hunnie?” Sehun sniffled. “Uh… S-Soon?” Chanyeol cleared his throat awkwardly and rubbed at his nape. He didn’t have the heart to tell the young one that Kyungsoo and Kai had only just flown off not more than an hour ago.

 

“Can Hunnie see Appa after I wake up?” The five-year old looked up at Chanyeol with wide eyes, full of hope. The latter did a quick mental count and replied, “Hunnie can see Appa after you go to sleep and wake up thirteen times.”

 

Sehun decided he would hate the number 13 for the rest of his life. “But I want to see Appa now!” He burst into tears once more. Chanyeol panicked and started whispering into the boy’s ear for him to stop because now, people were staring at him weirdly.

 

He was officially the stupid parent with the annoying kid who wouldn’t stop making a racket in public.  

 

“Yeah, don’t cry Hunnie… Lulu don’t like when Hunnie cries.” Luhan mimicked his father and patted Sehun’s back gently.

 

The latter pushed himself off Chanyeol and proceeded to hug Luhan the second after he’d heard him speak. “But Appa…” Sehun whined.

 

Baekhyun was standing by them all this while, little Hani asleep in his arms. Jongdae was holding onto Baekhyun’s spare hand, staring at his brother like he’d sprouted an extra head because he didn’t get why Sehun was crying so hard. Their parents were off on a holiday; it’s not like they will never come back.

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes inwardly. Sehun’s such a crybaby. Jongdae puffed out his chest and smiled widely. Unlike his younger brother, Jongdae was way more mature (in his own opinion); he wouldn’t shed tears over something so small like his parents not being by his side for a little less than two weeks.

 

 

 

It was only two hours later, when they were preparing to go to sleep, when Jongdae’s tears fell. If Sehun’s tears were like a leaking tap, Jongdae’s ones were like a waterfall after torrential rain. He’d promised himself not to cry but goddammit his Appa wasn’t there to sing him to sleep and that made him really sad.

 

Jongdae curled up together with Sehun, Luhan snuggling up to the latter’s back, as the two brothers cried themselves to sleep. Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s hearts practically broke at the sorry sight.

 

If only Kyungie and Kai knows that their babies are missing them dearly… Baekhyun gave his husband a side-glance and the two sighed, Chanyeol rubbing the other’s arm comfortingly.

 

They were more than sure that Kyungsoo and Kai would be heartbroken too.

 

 

 

 

“Do you think our babies miss us?” Kyungsoo asked, burying his face in Kai’s neck. The two of them were still buried in the sheets, too lazy to get up after knocking out upon reaching their hotel after the long flight.

 

Kai hummed and drew his husband closer, planting a kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead before propping his head above the older’s. His arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter