Chapter 3

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6-month old Sehunnie…

Of which, Appa is sick and Kai has to take care of baby all by himself.

 

Kai woke up in the middle of the night with an unbearable heat pressed up against his body. Not that he hated having Kyungsoo cuddled snugly against his chest… quite the opposite actually; he loved it when his husband indulges in skinship.

But this time, it was the whimpering and slightly sweaty forehead of the elder that alerted Kai to his husband’s pain.

Kai was awake within seconds, caressing Kyungsoo’s face worriedly.

The other had both of his fists tightly grabbing on to Kai’s front.

“Babe… Soo?” Kai nosed at Kyungsoo’s face.

The said man whined and swatted at his face.

Worried hands ran across Kyungsoo’s slightly damn hair and face.

It was then that his husband’s eyes fluttered open slowly.

“You’re heating up, Soo…” He placed a palm on the other’s forehead.

Kyungsoo groaned.

“I feel terrible, Kai.”

Kai shot out of bed and ran into the bathroom, returning slightly later with a bucket of water and a cold towel.

His beloved husband was sick and Kai was worried sick.

He carefully placed the towel over Kyungsoo’s forehead and pecked the other on the nose.

Immediately, Kyungsoo shoved his face away with his palm.

“Don’t come close to me, Kai. I don’t want you to fall sick too…”

“Nonsense. I’m your husband and I can kiss you whenever I want.” Kai smirked and was about to prove that statement to Kyungsoo, when his husband directed him to fetch the meds from the kitchen.

“Open up babe.” Kai carefully planted the fever med into his husband’s mouth and urged the other to drink up.

It didn’t take long for the meds to take effect; Kyungsoo’s eyes were slowly struggling to stay open, no thanks to him feeling drowsy from the antibiotics.

“Sleep babe…” Kai leaned down to kiss Kyungsoo anyways, the other already too deep in sleep to complain about spreading viruses.

He was just about to crawl back into bed and curl up against his husband, when Sehun decided to sound his routine 2am alarm.

“WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…” A shrill cry from the next room jolted Kai from his near sleep.

Kyungsoo didn’t even respond to the racket.

Kai jumped out of bed and ran into Sehun’s room immediately.

There the wailing baby was, sitting up in his baby pen with tears streaming down his face.

Kai tried shushing the baby and cooing at him to get Sehun to stop crying whilst picking the baby up and cradling him to his chest.

Usually, it was Kyungsoo that would calm Sehun down after mere seconds.

This time, that responsibility came to Kai.

His panicky attempts at getting Sehun to stop crying only made the baby cry even harder.

How does Kyungsoo do it?

Kai tried to sing to his baby.

The wails went up another notch.

Sehun’s face slowly turning red and he was giving his daddy the “I’m offended by your lousy singing” look.

Kai was at a loss.

Pretty soon, there were two babies in the room crying out loud.

Kai had baby Sehun in his arms, as he sat on the floor and wept alongside his son.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH… I CAN’T GET SEHUNNIE TO STOP CRYING, SOO’S GOING TO KILL ME…

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH… WHO IS THIS HUMAN? HE CAN’T SING FOR NUTS… CAN’T HE TELL I WANT SOME MILK MILK BEFORE I CAN SLEEP ZZZ? I DON’T WA

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter