Chapter 13

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2-year old Sehunnie…

Of which, baby’s Uncle Baek is about to give birth and Sehunnie finally found someone he adores more than Pororo. [PART TWO]

 

 

“Soo!” Kai rushed into the room and pulled his husband in for a hug, despite knowing that Kyungsoo wasn’t hurt in any way. 

 

The pair would probably have stayed attached to each other if not for an awkward clearing of throats from Baekhyun.

 

“How can you guys act all lovey-dovey there when I’m dying over here?” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the blushing Kyungsoo and smug Kai. 

 

Kai clapped a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder, “How you doing, Baek?” He retreated when the latter shot him an evil look. 

 

“Have you ever experienced labor?” Baekhyun hissed and panted out as another bout of contraction started, “It’s your fault, Chanyeol’s not here for me to bite onto his hand whenever the contraction hits!” 

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his husband’s lower back soothingly when Kai practically cowered like a puppy being scolded. 

 

“I left him like a hundred messages and I also arranged for a car to pick him up and transfer him here directly the moment he lands.” Kai scratched at the back of his neck nervously; he was obviously scared that Baekhyun would snap at him again. 

 

His face lit up with joy and one could almost see his imaginary tail wagging furiously when Kyungsoo praised him with a “You did well, honey”. 

 

“You’ll be alright, Baek. You and I know Chanyeol won’t miss it for the world… I’m sure your beautiful baby boy knows it too.” Kyungsoo smiled and caressed Baekhyun’s baby bump, “Hang in there.”

 

The latter nodded and reached out to hug Kyungsoo.

 

Kai walked over to the mini sofa by Baekhyun’s bedside where Sehun was still snoozing.

 

“Hey, Hunnie.” He picked Sehun up gently and placed him on his lap, kissing the crown of his baby’s head when Sehun snuggled into his Daddy’s chest. 

 

It was long and tiring wait. Baekhyun’s face would scrunch up in a grimace every few minutes; Kyungsoo could only watch on and help wipe away his friend’s sweat, feeling extremely helpless.

 

“I know it’s painful Baek, but it’ll all be worth it when you see your baby in the end…” Kyungsoo encouraged him. “Words failed me when I first saw Sehun.” He smiled, “Kai cried so hard… his tears were like a waterfall.”

 

“I did not!” Kai hissed indignantly whilst Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “It was more like a… t-tap. So not a waterfall!”

 

“He was totally the Niagara Falls back then.” Kyungsoo whispered into Baekhyun’s ear as Kai whined in the background.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and gritted his teeth determinedly. You can do it, Park Baekhyun. Make Chanyeol proud… you can hang in there. 

 

As the hours went by, the interval between each of Baekhyun’s contraction bout shortened, which could only indicate that it was about time he gave birth. 

 

Sehun had woken up minutes ago and Kai had brought him to the cafeteria for dinner since it was already six in the evening.

 

“Chanyeol’s landing any minute now, so hang in there, buddy…” Kyungsoo’s words were intended for the unborn baby rather than Baekhyun. 

 

True enough, his phone was ringing minutes later. 

 

Kyungsoo made a grab for it on the bedside table. “It’s Chanyeol!” He told Baekhyun before answering and pressing the loudspeaker option.

 

Hysterical . The first sound they heard was of Chanyeol’s hysterical and psychotic split personalities that would make a woman’s pms look tame. 

 

“Hello?” Kyungsoo greeted hesitantly. 

 

“Kyungieee, I want my Baekkieee! Where is Baekie? Is the baby out yet?” Chanyeol sniffled, probably in tears, before roaring, “DRIVE FASTER YOU LUMPY CUCUMBER! CAN’T YOU SEE I’M IN A RUSH? MY BABY’S ABOUT TO POP OUT FROM MY OTHER BABY’S TUMMY!” 

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo flinched when the other let out a pterodactyl screech.

 

“Channie?” Baekhyun said softly. There was pure silence for a second before Chanyeol’s panicked voice came through.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter