Chapter 17

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2½ -year old Sehunnie…

Of which, Kyungsoo wants to adopt Jongdae into their family and give him a home he deserves.

 

 

“Soo!” He heard a car door slam before Kai sprinted into his sight. The latter looked out of sorts with a crazed, panicked look in his eyes.

Kyungsoo saw the surprise on his husband’s face when the other spotted Jongdae in his arms.

“Kai…” Kyungsoo stared as Kai crouched down beside them; Sehun immediately crawled over to his Daddy’s arms whilst Jongdae leaned closer into Kyungsoo’s chest, a tad shy in the face of another stranger.

“It’s okay, Jongdae.” Kyungsoo caressed the boy’s head, “This is Kai. He’s my husband and Sehunnie’s Daddy. We’re going to help you…” He said kindly, eyeing Kai.

The latter placed a careful palm on Jongdae’s back and comforted him. He kind of got the sense of what’s happened to Jongdae, merely by looking at the boy’s unkempt appearance and the cardboard box beside them, the boy’s mother’s parting words bare for them to see and read.

Was Jongdae abandoned? Kai eyed his husband. Kyungsoo nodded sadly and wiped away some leftover tears with the back of his hand.

Kai bit down on his bottom lip and wrapped his arms around each and every one of them. He kissed Kyungsoo’s tears away before looking Jongdae in the eye.

“You’re coming home with us, Jongdae.” He tried to smile.

The four-year old nodded wordlessly and placed a small palm on Kai’s cheek. The two adults couldn’t read what Jongdae was thinking in his mind, but they certainly felt the tug on their hearts when he graced them with such a beautiful, innocent smile.

I’m going to make you smile everyday because you deserve to be happy too. Kyungsoo looked at Jongdae and promised.

Kai stood and set Sehun on his feet first, before reaching down to help his pregnant husband up. Kyungsoo refused to let go of Jongdae as Kai hauled them up.

“Mong Mong…” Jongdae whined and pointed to the toy poodle. It was then that Kyungsoo remembered the dog’s injury.

“Kai! We’ve got to take the dog with us. He needs to go to the vets… and I don’t think Jongdae wants to separate from him.”

Kai nodded and scooped up Sehun with his right hand before lifting the dog up in his left. “Let’s go.” He said and ushered Kyungsoo to the car.

 

 

The first thing Kyungsoo did when they got back home was to walk straight into the bathroom with Jongdae. Kai had gone into the kitchen with Sehun and the dog, so Kyungsoo assumed that his husband was either finding them something to eat or maybe he was going to try and patch up the dog’s open wound.

“Jongdae-ah… Let’s take a bath okay?” Kyungsoo smiled and tugged off the boy’s clothes, kicking them under the sink after he had done so; there was no way those clothes could be used anymore.

The boy nodded and held out his hands so that Kyungsoo could lift him into the bathtub.

“Close your eyes, baby.” Kyungsoo held the back of Jongdae’s neck gently and trained the showerhead on him. He gulped as the pristine white of the bathtub were soon tainted with dirt and murky brown.

How many days has he been living in the outdoors alone?

Kyungsoo was halfway through washing Jongdae’s hair with Sehun’s baby shampoo when Kai came into the bathroom.

“Babe, I need to take the dog to the vets. I’ll be back real soon, alright?”

Kyungsoo nodded and held out his hands for Sehun as the boy scrambled forward.

“I’ll wash off the soap first before you can take a bubble bath with Jongdae, okay Sehun?”

Kai exited the room with a smile on his face as he heard his son’s excited squeals.

Kyungsoo covered Jongdae’s eyes as he washed off all the soap and shampoo.

“We can play with my bubble guns!” Sehun clapped excitedly, “You can be Crong…” He all but shoved the toy at the other’s chest.

“No Pororo?” Jongdae squi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter