Chapter 19

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~3-year old Sehunnie, 5-year old Jongdae…

Of which, family vacation time with the Park Family usually means chaos.

 

 

“I think Monggu is pooping!” Chen announced from the backseat amidst excited squeals from Sehun and sharp barks from the said toy poodle.

Kyungsoo screamed and Kai had to slam on the brakes gently, one hand on his husband’s bloated belly so that Kyungsoo wouldn’t hurt himself by crashing onto the dashboard.

“Don’t you dare, Monggu!” Kyungsoo half-shoved Kai out of the car, “Get him out. No way he’s ting in our car.” That sent Kai scrambling to retrieve the dog from the back seat and settle him on a spare patch of grass by the roadside.

Chanyeol, who was driving the car behind theirs, stopped as well and popped his head out of the window, hitting the horn twice for good measure.

“We have a code two situation.” Kai yelled to Chanyeol who gave him a thumbs-up.

The two families were currently on their way to Kai’s family vacation home by the beach, some two hours drive away from Seoul; Kyungsoo had insisted on having some family bonding time despite Kai being concerned that the other was about to give birth anytime.

“Appa, can Hunnie pee pee too?” Sehun piped up from the backseat. Jongdae giggled and made sshhh-ing sounds, seemingly to encourage his younger brother to pee in his pants.

Kyungsoo whirled around with alarmed eyes, only to let out a sigh of relief at the two boys’ laughter.

“Kidding!” Sehun giggled and gave Jongdae a high-five.

“That’s not funny, Hunnie… scaring your Appa like that.” Kyungsoo huffed as Kai returned with Monggu. “We’re one hour into our drive and we’ve stopped twice already. No more stopping to use the toilet!” He declared.

They found themselves pulling over for the toilet ten minutes later.

Sehun and Jongdae sniggered whilst Kai tried to hide his smile as Kyungsoo returned to the car, red in the face.

“I thought Appa say no more pee pee…” Sehun laughed.

“Baby was pressing down on my bladder.” Kyungsoo said dismissively before whacking Kai’s arm, for the other had joined their sons in teasing him.

 

 

“But I want to get into the pool too! It’s too hot out here…” Kyungsoo pouted.

It was late in the afternoon, but yet, the sun was still too scorching.

Kai sighed and ushered his husband to the nearest pool lounge. “It’s too dangerous, baby. I don’t want anything to happen to you and our little baby.”

He gave Kyungsoo a pleading kiss and helped the said man to lie down.

“It’s okay, Kyungie… Lulu and I will keep you company.” Baekhyun settled into the seat beside Kyungsoo’s with baby Luhan fast asleep in his arms.

After the two families had reached Kai’s family vacation house, the two boys (and Chanyeol) had gotten so excited when they learnt of the huge pool in the backyard, overlooking the sea.

Sehun and Jongdae had almost head-dived into the pool earlier, much to the horror and shock of their Appa, Kyungsoo, but Kai had grabbed onto their waists just in time.

Chanyeol had slipped when he neared the pool and faceplanted in, much to the amusement of everyone else bar Baekhyun, who was more worried about his spluttering husband.

The two boys were now securely in their swimming floats and paddling around the edge of the pool.

Kai gave Baekhyun a thankful smile before he jumped into the pool.

“Daddy, daddy look! Hunnie is swimming…” Sehun scrunched up his face in concentration and smacked the surface of the water with his small hands. Inch-by-inch he crept towards his beaming father.

No one had the heart to point o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter