Chapter 18

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2½ -year old Sehunnie…

Of which, Jongdae comes home.

 

 

“S-Soo?” Kai groaned and rubbed his eyes groggily. Early morning sunlight was already streaming in from the gaps in the curtain, and a quick look at the bedside clock showed that it was barely pass 6AM.

There was no Kyungsoo cuddled to his chest and Kai missed the warmth of his husband.

“Soo?” Kai left the comfort of their bed and went in search for his missing beloved; there was light and faint sounds coming from the kitchen so it was telling where the other male was.

Kyungsoo was buzzing about the kitchen, cooking up a storm. There were already plenty of filled lunchboxes on the kitchen table and it didn’t seem like Kyungsoo was anywhere close to stopping.

The smaller jolted a little before leaning into the hug when a pair of strong arms curved around his waist to caress his baby bump.

“Morning, love.” Kai rested his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and pecked him on the cheek.

The latter hummed and shoved Kai away gently. “Don’t distract me… I still have a couple of dishes to perfect.” Kyungsoo drizzled some oil into the pan.

“What are these for?” Kai snuck a piece of sausage into his mouth when Kyungsoo had his back turned.

“I’m cooking breakfast for Jongdae.” Kyungsoo said softly. The words ‘god knows when was the last time he ate a proper meal’ remained unsaid.

Kai turned off the stove before pulling Kyungsoo towards to couch. “There’s still more than three hours before we can see him, Soo…” He nuzzled at his husband’s neck.

Kyungsoo turned around to face him. “I can’t help it… I want to give him the best.” He said earnestly.

Every parent wants to give their child the best.

Kai nodded and pulled Kyungsoo in for a kiss. “You are the most perfect man, and the most perfect father of my children.” He murmured between Kyungsoo’s lips.

“Sehun, Jongdae and baby no.3 are lucky to have someone like you as their father, and I’m truly fortunate to have you in my life.”

Their quiet moment was interrupted when a sleepy Sehun walked into the living room, one hand hugging onto his Pororo doll whilst the other dragged his blankie alongside him.

Monggu, their newly adopted dog, trailed in after their son.

“Slept well, Hunnie?” Kyungsoo smiled fondly.

“Why are you up so early, little one?” Kai walked over to pick up his baby.

Sehun rubbed his eyes and yawned cutely. “Hunnie wants to see Daedae. Appa said Hunnie can see Daedae today!” He chirped excitedly.

Awww… Kai set Sehun on his lap and tickled him. “That’s right, son. Jongdae is coming home with us today! You must treat him well okay? From today, Jongdae is Hunnie’s older brother.”

Sehun tilted his head to the side. “Brother?”

“Yes, baby.” Kyungsoo ruffled Sehun’s hair, “So you must share all your toys with Jongdae as well okay? You two can play together, and take bubble baths together.” He smiled.

Sehun frowned slightly. “So Hunnie must share Pororo?” Kai and Kyungsoo chuckled.

Just then, baby’s face lit up. “I know! Hunnie can give Daedae Crong, Pororo is Hunnie’s.”

Kyungsoo had to take Sehun from Kai for a petty pout had crept up the latter’s face.

“Why am I always second-best?” Kai grumbled under his breath. “Damn you, Pororo.” He rolled his eyes at Kyungsoo, who wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter