The Truth

You and Me

Baekhyun P.O.V

 

Really? Visiting your mom? Lies.

It was lunch, and I entered the cafeteria, looking forward to sitting down and eating my food. I was very happy that Eun Woo wasn't bothering me today. (I might change Eun Woo's name, because it's a boy name.) I looked around the cafeteria, it was full, but one empty table remained. I decided to sit alone, not wanting to cause any attention to anyone.

Anyways, Ah Yeon was definitely lying to me, I can tell. She always rubs her chin when she lies. Speaking of Ah Yeon, she ran out of the room before I can even call her name. Weird....

Finishing my lunch, I put the tray on the brown desk at the front. The people helping in the cafeteria will get it later when everyone is finished eating. 

I decided to look for Ah Yeon, she's gotta be in the school somewhere. I walked up the stairs. The drama room, band room, and computer room were at the second level. As I was about to head up to the second third floor, I stopped my tracks.

"Aish, I forgot to look at the first floor." I said, slapping my forehead many times. 

I decided not to go down to the first floor. I'm to tired, so.. nah...

I entered the library quietly. I looked around the room, hoping to find Ah Yeon. Aaaaannnnddddd....... there is was, sitting down on one of the tables, reading a really thick book. 

The encounter with Yunho was really strange, yet creepy. What did he mean by 'have faith in her'? Now that I know she is a gumiho, it's time to confirm. I walked towards her, she was still reading the book. 

"Hi." I greeted her, waiting for a reaction.

Nope.

"Ah Yeon?" I tapped her shoulders.

She jumped, fear struck her face.

"Yah, what are you doing?" she yelled, a hand now on her heart.

"SHHHHH!!!!" the librarian whispered, glaring at us intensly. The librarian made a 'talk again I'll cut your throat' sign. 

We both bowed and said sorry.

"Sorry, but you weren't responding to what I said, so I tapped you." I told her, still smiling.

She pouted, and continued back to reading.

I pinched her cheeks, chuckling at her.

"Yah, stop!" she whispered loudly, swatting my hands away.

I stopped and looked down at the book.

Teleios Paradeisos.

Doesn't that mean complete paradise?

"What are you reading?" I asked her, now curious of the book.

She quickly covered the book with her delicate hands.

"Oh, nothing, just history stuff." she nervously said.

History, eh?

"What is it about?' I asked her once again. It kinda sounded like I was interrogating her. Which, I kinda am doing that right now....

"Like I said, history stuff." she said, returning back in her neutral form.

I decided not to say anything back, but stayed still in my seat and stared at her face. A sharp jawline, and chocolate brown eyes. I could melt at her stare. Someone like you, a beauty, yet so dangerous. A Gumiho.

The bell rang, and we both stood up. I noticed her putting the book away in a high shelf. I decided to wait for her, while thinking that I should take a look at the book later.

"Let's go." I told her, holding hands.

Her eyes widened, surprised by the skinship, but left our hands alone.

We let go when we entered the class, so  no one would start rumours. It was a relief that there was almost no one in the halls.

Class has started again and still, I have not yet confronted to her about the case. I was nervous, yet kinda angry at the same time. Weird...

I scribbled something down my notebook. I wrote: Meet me after school in the library

I slided my notebook slowly to her, not wanting to face the wrath of the teacher. I pushed the notebook and it hit her elbow. She noticed and looked at me, then the notebook. She grew confused, and I pointed a finger down in the air. Ah Yeon looked down, and nodded, still confused. I took my notebook back and erased the words, now TRYING to focus the lesson the teacher was explaining.

Key word, TRYING.

 

 

Ah Yeon P.O.V

Why did he want to meet me after school? Am I in trouble or what?

Many theories popped in my head and I began to wonder, yet panic at the same time.

But, I had a really really really weird gut feeling, telling me that something will be revealed....hmmmm, should I trust it or not?

Nah. 

The bell has finally rung and I walked out of the class with Baekhyun, going towards the library.

Not many people were here, only people that were studying or reading. Well, probably most likely to be studying.

I followed him to where the shelves of books were, far away from the people studying. He stopped and looked at me directly in the eyes seriously.

"What are you?" he asked, still staring into my eyes.

"What?" I asked again.

"I said...what are you? No, who are you Seo Ah Yeon?" he asks again, putting a hand on one of the shelves, trapping me.

"What are you talking about?" I said, trying to act innocent.

I hate acting like this.

"The dreams I had, I didn't know, but they were all about you. You're the person that I always wondered of." he says, "You're a gumiho, and I am positive you are." 7

I was shocked. Those words that came out of his mouth.

So he knew?

"Don't lie to me. Is it true?" he looks at me desperately.

I grew silent.

"Tell me!" he shook my shoudlers this time.

I looked away from his eyes.

"Yeah, it's true. The person from your dreams, the person from your child, yes.. I'm a gumiho, the person that was always by your side." I told him, tears slowly dripping down my face. I had no idea why I was crying, and why it hurted me.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me this earlier?" he says, his eyes starting to tear up.

"Because....I thought you're going to think of me as a freak and never talk to me again." I said, hesitating about the word freak.

Suddenly, I felt his arms wrap around my waist tightly. I stood still, still shocked from his sudden embrace. Slowly, I hugged back, head buried in his chest.

"Yeonnie," he says, "I like--------"

He suddenly fell on me and started to clutch his head.

"Yah Baekhyun, what's wrong?"

Baekhyun's face scrunched up and started to thrash around.

"Baekhyun!" I yelled.

"My head hurts!" he yelled.

", what do I do?" I cursed looking around.

"Someone, help!" I cried out.

The students in the library looked at me, and started to run towards me.

"Call 119!" I told them.

I don't have a phone and that is a problem.

They obeyed and the guy in the glasses dialed 119.

"My friend here is in pain and we don't know what to do? Please help! We are at SM high school in the library. 139 st (random)." the guy nervously said.

"I'll call for the teacher." the girl in long hair said, running out of the library.

I nodded, and put Baekhyun's head on my lap. I realized that he has fainted.

"!" I panicked.

He is in pain, and this is all I can do. I can't risk showing my true form.

 

 

The police and EMS came. They pulled him up and lay him on a vacuum mattress, and lifted it into the back of the EMS trunk.

The girl and the guy stood by my side, waiting to see what will happen.

"Thanks guys." I told them.

They nodded.

"I'm Eun Ji." the girls said, shaking my hands.

"Hyun Woo." the guy said, shaking my hands also.

"I'm Ah Yeon." I told them.

They smiled and nodded at me.

"Soo, first time in a situation like this?" I asked.

"Yep." they said simultaneously.

"Same." I nodded.

"Is anyone here related to Baekhyun?" one male police man said.

"No, but I'm his bestfriend. I was with him during the time he had a headache." I told him.

"Go in the EMS, we'll need to ask you some questions." 

I nodded, and waved a goodbye to Hyun Woo and Eun Ji.

 

I stepped up in the back of the EMS car (idk what it's called.) I looked around, there were things that I don't know and lots of strange things that I saw. My eyes wandered to a bench and I decided to sit down. Once I saw Baekhyun, I held on to his hand, caressing it gently.

"You'll be okay." I told him, even though he is unconscious.