Oblivious

You and Me

Baekhyun P.O.V

 

I kept shifting my body, sweat running down my face. I clutched the sheets with my hands, now becoming white.

A bright scene was in front of my eyes.

"Baekhyunnie, this is a tattoo that I'll give you. It'll shine when you'll remember me." the woman said.

I recognized her voice somewhere, but her face was still covered.

I wanted to find out.

The child, who I think is me, looked up at her.

"So if I remember you it will shine?" mini me said.

"Yes, this is our last goodbye." she said, caressing the mini me's cheeks.

"Will I ever see you again?" mini me asked.

"Of course, in the future, silly!" she ruffled mini me's hair.

Her face lifted up, smiling.

I was shocked.

I sprung out of bed, and panted heavily.

That was Ah Yeon?! 

My eyes averted to the left, where the huge window was.

I looked down on my wrist to see if the mark is there.

Yup, a black symbol shaped mark with many spikes sticking out.

But that can't be possible, she'd look really old now. Unless she's a vampire.

Is she a vampire?! 

No, I don't see her look at people hungrily.

Wait, no no no no no no no. 

I saw fox ears. Is she like a fox or something?

I looked at the time. 

7:56 PM

Oh, come on, I took a 2 hour nap?

I jumped out of bed and decided to take a shower. That way, I can get rid of the heat, and relax my body.

 

Feeling better from the shower, I changed into sweats and a shirt. I the computer and decided to download some music to my phone.

I clicked google chrome, and a page popped up. I searched for B.A.P 1004 ANGEL download music, and it gave me many results. Right when I was about to click on the first link, I remembered something.

"If Ah Yeon is a weird fox thingy, then what is she?" I asked myself.

Suddenly, I remembered something we talked about a few days ago.

 

"Baekhyun, do you know what a gumiho is?" she asked.

"Yes, why ask this?" I questioned her, giving her a weird look.

"Do you believe that they exist?" she looked at me with serious eyes.

I thought for a while.

"Sure, but I don't know much of their history." I told her.

"Why ask this?" I asked her the same question again, confused.

"Oh, nothing, just curious." she said, and stood up.

"But what if they exist, and one is standing right in front of you?"

"Come on, you're kidding right?"

She laughed.

"Ha ha ha, just kidding!" she laughed.

 

My face grew grim.

Is she a gumiho?

I typed in:

Gumiho

I clicked on the first site. Of course, Wikipedia. I read the definition.

I kept scrolling.

"A fox that lives a thousand years? Seduce men?" I said out loud.

Ah Yeon doesn't seduce people.

"Able to change appearance?"

My eyes started to blur a bit. I rubbed them, then blink to focus them.

I kept reading, and clicking on other websites. 

Damn it! Not enough information! I scatched my head vigorously.

I leaned back on the chair, and looked at the time.

8:42 PM

Welp, looks like music comes later tomorrow.

I shut the computer off, and changed clothes. Black jeans and a white t-shirt. It was still sunny out, so I decided to walk around the city.

Sigh.

This is confusing.

 

The next day, Ah Yeon didn't come to school. I was confused. This morning, I knocked on her door to see if she was still in her room, but she wasn't. The teacher marked her absent and continued to talk about science stuff and what we needed to learn.

Eun Woo asked me to hang out today. I told her that I was busy. Besides, I'm not interested in her, I'm only interested in my Ah Yeon.

Wait, my Ah Yeon? When did I ever say that?

After eating my lunch, I visited the school's library. I searched for the myths section. The book that the teacher let us borrow was about Gumiho. The author was Lee Jung Soo. (Or whatever name you want.) So I searched the section with L.

I grabbed a few books and took them to the table and sat down, starting to skim through the first book.

"Last descendant is 雪花 (Xuěhuā), a brave female warrior who fought in many battles, and lives in Heavenly Demon world." I whispered to myself.

Fought with the Covens for many years and has never been killed.

"Come to think of it, Ah Yeon knows about Gumiho's very well. What does she know about 雪花?" I said, rubbing the nape of my neck. 

"I see that you've been researching about Gumiho's." a voice said.

I looked around the room, there was nobody.

"So, you;ve found out what she is." the voice said again.

"Whose there? Show yourself" I raised my voice.

The people in the library didn't tell me to be quiet, strange.

"I am Yunho, a demon." Yunho said.

He was wearing a black suit with a red tie. A black mask stained with blood covered his bottom half of the face.

"I stopped time, so no one could see me." Yunho spoke, black dust surrounding him.

I was shocked, I didn't see anything like this before. But I didn't back away from the table, I stood still, frozen from shock and fear.

"You've lost most of your childhood memories when you were younger." he said, walking towards me.

"How do you know all of these things?" I questioned him, aware of his presence.

"I know many things." he says, and sits on the table.

"Is Ah Yeon really a gumiho?" 

Yunho looked at me in the eyes. They were blood red.

"Yes."

"Is she the one in my dreams this whole time?"

He stood up and left the table.

"I'm afraid you have to figure that out yourself." he said, and mist started to swirl him.

I stood up.

"Hey where are you going? Where is Ah Yeon?" I kept asking him questions.

Yunho turned his head around and said, "I don't know, but have faith in her." then disappearing into thin air.

I looked around the room. The library was back with the sound of flipping pages.

"What the hell was that?" I said, sitting down.

Many things were happening in my head. Theories came up, scary thoughts came up, and then... she came up.

"And who are you really, Ah Yeon?" 

 

 

________________________

Edits will be made in the story.

:)