Danger

You and Me

Ah Yeon P.O.V

 

I led Tao into my apartment room, and he seemed pretty amazed. 

"Wow, nice apartment you chose." he compimented.

"Thanks" I said.

"Oh yeah, someone special is here too." 

"Really? Who?" he turned his hea around to face me.

"Someone from EXO." I told him.

Tao jumped up and down excitedly, and ran around.

"What's with the noise Ah Yeon?" Chanyeol came out of his room, an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

Tao turned around and saw Chanyeol. Chanyeol was shocked and started to hug him. Then they both did this weird bro handshake and hugged. I just stood beside the couch, watching them. Well then.

"Where have you been Tao?" Chanyeol asked him, wiping his tears away.

He cried?!

Wow.

Something new everyday.

Tao asked Chanyeol some questions and I still stood beside the couch.

"Uh, hello?" I said out of nowhere.

They both looked at me, and said hello back.

Sigh.

"I'mma go to work guys." I said, and started to walk out the door.

"Kay." they both said simultaneously.

 

I walked out of the bus, and continued to stroll along the sidewalk. There it was Reality Cafe. Here's some history behind it. We made this business 5 years ago, and the founder was Lee Dong Hae. (Lol) After the war, some of us were sent here to protect our Aylums, and the humans too. Dong Hae establlished the cafe, so we Demons can all meet and talk about what's happening. Finding your Aylum was the top priority. When you find him or her, you grow stronger and will be sent back to Heavenly Demon World. Yes, we may be weird demon creatures, but we do have a heart. Humans think that we are evil and should be demolished, but the reality is that the "angels" are the evil ones. I know that the Heavenly Demon's people want them to be gone, but I think that they should be purified. If they aren't going to listen, then I will kill them. During the previous war, I killed the Coven's and listened to the orders of our side. Which are the "angels".  I know that I would be going against the laws. And I already am. You know, liking a human? Wait, this is getting too far off of the Coven history, my bad.

I walked in the cafe, and the music filled my ears. The atmosphere was always relaxed and calm. Sometimes it would be loud, but that would be us. 

"Hey." Dong Hae walked towards me, with a free drink.

"Hey, how are you?" I grabbed the drink, he took his apron off and sat down on a chair.

"Good."

"The Covens have a new weapon and it's huge." he explained, showing hand motion.

"An even bigger weapon? Come on. How many demons died because of all these weapons?" I whined. "I don't want to become extinct.Who will watch the humans?" 

"We''ll win this war and try to change them." Dong Hae frowned, and patted my back. "I know that you don't want to become extinct. We all don't want too."

"We should talk about this later, we have to work." I told him, standing up from my chair.

"Yeah we should." he got up and walked to the counter.

Sigh.

Walking to the washroom, I changed into my uniform and put my black apron on. I stepped out of the stall, and stared into the mirror. Nothing changed, I'm still the same me. No wrinkles, well, maybe one or two. Hahaha, I still look young, but I don't really care about that.

I opened the washroom door and strolled out. 

Sigh.

 What's up with me and the sighing these days?

Baekhyun's image flashed in my head, him smiling at me.

I miss him. 

NONONONONO, I swear, don't even try to think about him.

I looked at the plain white calendar.

April 23, 2015.

How much time do I even have left?

Almost one month. What have I been doing the few weeks here?

Sigh.

A few customers stepped in the cafe, I snapped out of my thoughts. They were students. I spotted a teenage girl with black shoulder length hair, and a teenage boy with hair sided to the right. Hmmm, I recognized them. WAIT, THE GIRL THAT ACCUSED ME? I l glanced at the boy. BAEKHYUN? My heart ached. I pretended not to know them, and waited for them to sit down.

"Excuse me?" Eun Woo asked.

I looked at her.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I smiled at her.

"Oh, it's you." she said, with a flat tone.

I heard that.

"Ah Yeon?" Baekhyun looked at me, shock and confusion was written all over his face, but with a teensy weensy little happiness.

"Look, I'm sorry for last time. Accusing you and stuff. I understand that it was my fault. Let's make up?" she smiled and took her hand out.

Psh, yeah right.

"It's okay." I shook her hand.

"Do you know where the washrooms are at?" Eun Woo asked, glancing around the room.

"At the back left corner. Would you like me to show you?" 

"No thank you, I'm good." 

She stood up and headed towarsd the washroom.

When she was out of sight, I walked to Baekhyun.

"Are you having a date with her?" I asked him, arms folded.

"Yes." 

"Why?"

"Because she asked me to. I had nothing to do anyways. Besides, it's a friendly date to me."

"Then why didn't you ask me to come over?" I whispered, hurt by his words.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, forget it." I quickly paced back to the counter, and looked at the other people eating.

Eun Woo came back and started to have a talk with Baekhyun. I wanted to talk with him instead of her. But I know I couldn't, disturbing their date is rude.

Sigh.

I looked outside the windows. Cars were whizzing by, the sun was partially blocked because of the clouds. I turned my eyes to the left. A black, dog like creature was looking at one of the customers through the window. I stopped, and looked at the creature once more. It had a bad vibe to it. A walken. (random name made up that came into my mind.) I had to tell Dong Hae.

"Dong Hae." I said loudly.

"Yes?" he came out of the storage room.

"A walken is here." I told him.

Dong Hae's face scrunched up. 

"I'll distract it and kill it." I took my apron off, and walked out the doors.

When I went outside, the walken noticed me, and growled. You see, the thing is that humans cannot see us. Our real selves. Unless we want them to. We always have to keep our guard on.

The walken jumped off the building, and ran towards me. I also quickened up my pace and started to run faster and faster. We were near a forest, I ran straight into it. I can kill it. No one was watching. I stopped running. The walken followed and I stepped back, transforming into a gumiho and it growled even louder. It started to run, I also ran and jumped, using my front right paw, I scratched its face and it fell down. It whimpered. "I'm sorry," I pushed it down and bit it's head off. THUD. The body started to disappear slowly, and I transformed back into a human. I looked down at my clothes. Dirty. Messy.

Sigh.

I look like a hobo. 

Maybe I should go back. Oh, but I have to run. Ugh. 

Being a human is hard.

Yup.

 I wiped off the dirt and blood on my face, and pushed my bangs backwards. There is going to be a lot of walking going on. It will probably take 20 minutes to walk. If Kai was here, he would teleport me back. :(

With some strength left, I started to jog back to Reality Cafe.

 

But what I didn't know, was that someone in the top of the trees watching me.

A blonded haired guy stood up from the tree branch and jumped down.

"Ah Yeon, the gumiho, you have no idea what's coming to you next." he smirked, more walkens appearing behind him.

 

 

_________________________________________

Edits and changes will be made throughout the story. 

It deleted for a second, good thing I copied it first. :)