Temptation

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

It's going to be a full moon tonight, and im worried sick thinking about it. I clenched my fists together in my room with sweat rolling down my forehead. The full moon is different, shapeshifters like us will change into wolves unwillingly and will lose half of our conscience as humans and recognize each other only by scent. Shapeshifters that have never experienced this will lose their memories when they were a wolf and the example of that kind of wolf was me. And how am i supposed to do that? I just know my pack members for a day and now i'll be all wolf and mess up with other wolves maybe even getting myself killed in the process? What am i supposed to do?

I dug my fingers into my scalp, trying to find a way to get out of this sticky situation, until a knock on the door distracted my attention. 'Yura? Are you ready?' Sojin poke her head in and stared at me worriedly, i shook my head and let out a deep sigh. She came towards me and wrapped her arms around me comfortingly  'Don't be afraid, this is what all of us have to go through. Just relax, we're a pack you don't need to worry about them not recognising you or you not recognising them okay?' she stared at me and gave me a warm smile. '

'Yura! Sojin! We have to go now.' we heard In Guk call from downstairs and my heart started to thump onto my ribcage like a hammer 'Come on, Sweetie.' Sojin took my hand and accompanied me down the stairs. We have to get out of the house before we make the house into a mess.

We walked out of the house and In Guk ran ahead towards the gathering place while Sojin and I are left behind walking towards the gathering place. Beads of sweat rolled down my neck and my forehead, the adrenaline in my body started to pick up its pace. I heard soft pants coming from Sojin and realized we're just seconds to changing. We stumbled to our destination and suddenly i felt my bone crack making me fall to the ground. My bones cracked and deformed, my fingers changed into furry paws and my long muzzle came into view. Within a few more painful seconds, I'm a wolf.

*********

The alpha wolf howled into the sky, instructing us to lay low and submit to him. All the wolves surrounding him duck their heads low and lay their ears flat. I duck my head in submission as he howled towards the sky again and we shot our heads back to join him howling at the top of our lungs. Creating a howling serenade into the evening sky, the big red sun radiating on our fur and the soft cold breeze blowing onto the pine trees making shuffling sounds around us as we howl our soulful serenade.

After the serenade ended, we scattered and head to our guard posts. I have absolutely no idea where my post was but my legs seemed to have been using this path for years, trotting to its detination without a mistake.

I heard a crack and the soft thumping sound of another wolf's paws. I took a look back and saw a silver wolf walking up to me nonchalantly, I crouched lower and he walked past me without even looking back. I tipped my head to one side confusedly and followed him, he was bigger than I was and he was as big as the alpha but he was definitely younger. His silver coat glimmered under the evening sun making him glow in effect, i was slightly stunned by the wolf infront of me. I shake my head to concentrate on the road as I trotted along behind him.

After walking for a distance, we stopped under a pine tree and started our guarding job. I lay down on the soil next to the pine tree that soared high in the sky and observed the little pink flower that was just an inch  from my nose. It was just an inch tall and it looked so fragile that even the slightest push can make it fall to the ground and wither. I placed my paw on it and took it away, to my surprise, it bounced back up.

I sat on my hunches staring at it in shock, while i was still in awe, i heard a low rumbling sound coming from the other wolf and i turned to look at him. He looked at me and the rumbling sound came again, is he laughing at me?

Agitated, I stood up and walked towards him. He stared at me with a what-are-you-planning expression as I got nearer to him. I pounced on him and pinned him to the ground staring at him with my blue eyes. He glared at me with his silver ones and just one flip, im below him, giving him the upper hand. I let out a low growl and he gave me another look before getting off, i got up immediately and was just so embarrassed at my failure to beat him.

The sky was getting darker and darker by now and the full moon hung on the dark sky brightly. I took a peek at the silver wolf and noticed that even under the dim moonlite, his appearance as still as breathtaking as ever. He turned his head and caught me staring at him, I turned my gaze away and lay my muzzle on my paws pretending not to know anything.

He walked towards me slowly and nudged me. I looked away from him and he came to my front, laying down in front of me. He stared at me intently making me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I glared at him and he stood up again circling and nudging me. I sat up and glared at him, waiting to see what his problem was until he suddenly pounced on me and knocked me to the ground.

I stared at him and he stared at me, he dipped his head down my neck and started to sniff me. I turned my body slowly attempting to crawl out beneath him, i clearly knew what his intentions were when he did that. He wanted to mate.

I stood up and lay down somewhere a few yards away from him, i was still not ready yet so i just ignored his nudges and that try to get me in the mood. He rubbed his head against mine and nudged my side, he turned me to my side and hovered over me, he opened his jaws trying to get to my neck and mark me. I growled and he was forced to stop, i stood up again and trotted to the other side, avoiding him. But he was just like glue stuck to me, going where ever i go.

He was very desperate indeed. He suddenly put his head under me and a sensitive side between my rear leg, i jerked at the sudden sensation and he flicked his ear, satisfied with my reaction. He started to come for my weak point until i couldn't resist it anymore.

I laid down with my ears laid flat and he inspected me with his ears perked up. He came towards me carefully and inspected my reactions before  mounting me.

Suddenly a click snapped in my head and i turned around immediately, snapping at him. He got off  immediately and just stayed still as I ran away from him leaving him dumbfounded. This is just so wrong. Mating without any condition and even the alpha not knowing about it is like suicide.

I walked for a long time not even bothering to look where I was going until i smelt a strong unfamilliar scent, this is definitely not from our pack. Maybe an outclanner? I started to walk stealthily following the scent, the scent grew stronger and stronger in every step i take until the sight of two wolves came to view.

They were standing on a slightly higher slope looking down at me as i stared at them. No one made a move until i let out a low growl, the two strangers stood there not even moving a muscle. For a moment, i thought they were just statues until one of them tip its head to a side.

They looked at each other and both of them came up towards me in a submissive posture, i stood my grpund as I continued to growl at them viciously. I look at them and they were before me, laying low on the ground, i dip my head and accepted them as they stood up straight. They surveyed me and rubbed their fur against mine sniffing me carefully one after the other, after they're done with their surveying.

I started my investigation on them, they are not as thin as outclanners and they're in absolutely good shape. What are they? Suddenly they started to jump around me like kids making my head spin to catch up with them. They nudged me and invite me to play with them, i let my guard down and let myself go. We jumped on each other and suddenly the gray wolf pounced on me and pinned me to the ground.

Something emerged from the bush behind and pounced on the wolf behind me, i turned and saw the silver wolf on top of the brown wolf with the black markings. I stared at him in confusion as he snarled at the wolf below him, i came to his side and pushed him, urging him to let the brown wolf go. But he snapped back at me instead, i jerked and let out a low growl. He looked at me and lifted a paw to let the wolf scramble away, the two wolves reunited and snarled back at him. The silver wolf snarled at them and herd me back while he kept his eyes on the two wolves behind.

He came to my front and growled at me when we are back at our post. I ignored him and he jumped on me, i snapped at him and he snapped back baring his fangs at me. I had no other choice but to submit to him without another struggle.

He got off me and nudged me to get up. I got up and he herd me to a place before instructing me to lie down, i laid down as he instructed and he laid down with his body hovering over me possessively. I grumbled in discomfort and he let out another menacing growl making me optionless. He was being vicious over me but there's nothing i can do but to submit to him, maybe what i did with him earlier was a bad idea. And now..what should i do?

Ravi & Kai:

The gray wolf was on the other wolf's injured limb from the attack earlier. They both felt anger burning within them as they were determined to destroy that silver wolf next time, but they also gained one thing in common. The gray wolf sniffed the brown wolf's pelt and the scent from the red wolf earlier was stronger than ever, making his heartbeat rise with excitement.

Even though one of them was hurt, they were satisfied as a chance like this doesn't come often. But there was also something, the silver wolf must have tried to mate with the red wolf earlier but failed miserably. He chuckled just imagining how the red wolf him, no matter what, he was glad that it did not work out.

If it really did, he will try to get rid of the silver wolf and take his mate as his own to create a new powerful wolf pack bred with his own genes with the red wolf as his alpha female. He gave his partner another and look up to the big round moon that shined on them, feeling grateful to the moon for letting them encounter 'her'.