Run

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

The cold breeeze ruffled through my red silky coat as I ran in full speed at the open field alongside with a wolf that glimmered dimly under the bright sunlight with his shiny blue coat. I took glances at him and he shot me gazes of amazement through his dark blue eyes, I gave him a nudge and pounced on his exposed back making us tumble down on the lush green grass. We rolled around and pounced on each other playfully at the outskirts of the territory. I smelt his fresh cool scent of mint hovered over me when he pinned me to the grass and I bounced back up escaping from him making him chase after me for a short distance before turning around to 'attack' him. I let a low rumble escape my throat and heard the same from him later. I nuzzled my head under his chin before laying down to him on the lush green grass. I laid my muzzle on my paws and stared at the beautiful blanket of wild flowers before me, it had been such a long time since I've transformed into my wolf. Now, I've finally had this feeling of freedom and wildness rushing in me again. I felt a warmth behind me and I turned my muzzle over my shoulder just to see the male wolf lay down beside me.

His size was definitely bigger than mine and I could tell that he was very strong when we pounced on each other just now, I even had a hard a time escaping from him when he caught me under him. He rubbed his cheeks onto mine and stared at me with those mesmerizing eyes,  I rolled my body and wriggled on the grass playfully. I smiled inwardly at my freedom now and will never let anyone take it away again. We went to the small stream that flowed with the cold moutain water to quench our thirst and enjoy the forest breeze. I took some gentle laps of the icy water before turning to the wolf beside me. He swayed his tail from side to side playfully waiting for me to finish, I linked my mind to his and said 'Still not enough?' He twitched his ears forward and bowed to me playfully making me rumble and play with him for the second round. He tried to jump on me but with my quick instincts, I dodged him easily. Then, we ran around chasing each other again.

 After a few hours passed, we head back to the pack and I gave the 'blue wolf' a glance with my ears laid back. He gave me a nod and we head to the pack's den. As I neared the den, tons of scents differed into my nostrils making me feel butterflies swarm in me. I stayed closer to the wolf beside me as we came closer and closer to the pack. He shot me a warm glance and said 'It's fine. I'll be next to you..' I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply calming myself with his minty scent. Soon, the enormous double storey house came to view. Wolves of different sizes and colours stared at us as we walked past them. I kept my gaze down and my ears flat as we passed the pack, a wolf came to our side and immediately, I fell to my hunches submitting to him out of fear. His dominance overpowered me and a low growl escaped from the blue wolf beside me, the wolf backed away immediately and the blue wolf nudged me to get up. I got up carefully and stayed by his side closely.

I inhaled deeply and concentrated on the search for the 'silver wolf'. I sniffed the air for his scent but no matter how much I tried, his scent just wouldn't come to me. My body stiffened when I felt another wolf approaching me; I ducked my body towards the blue wolf and look to my side. I see a wolf with a brown coat and some white markings on parts of his body trudge towards me, I recognized him as Jungkook. I stood up slowly and stared at him, his glare piercing through me, he said 'What're you doing here?' I took a step towards him and said 'I'm looking for Hongbin. Do you have any idea where he is?' I felt his uneasiness and I studied his actions for my answer but he let out a low growl and said 'He's not here.' Then, he turned his glare away from me and onto the 'blue wolf' 'Get her out of here, Now!' he growled at him and the blue wolf herded me away from the pack. 

I slumped to the ground with butterflies still swarming inside of me after we got out of the pack's den. I let out a soft whine, dissapointed of my failure; I took a glance at the wolf beside me. He was staring at me with a comforting gaze and I felt his calmness when he rubbed his body against mine. I got up and muster my strength to ensure him that I'm fine before we walked off to the woods. I went to find for my duffel bag that contains my clothes and changed into them. After a short walk through the woods, I met with a pair of golden eyes that pierced through my heart. I smelt Hyuk's scent closing in and I turned around to find him coming towards my direction. He stared at me solemnly and I said 'Can you please stay here for a while?' I had somewhere to go to..' his body stiffened and he stared at me with an eyebrow cocked up 'I'll be back immediately, just wait for me here okay? Please..' his lips tightened and he whispered into my ear 'Plase hurry, I'll be waiting for you.' I wrapped my arms around his waist softly and left him while I went to seach for the wolf I just met in the woods.

I smelt the familliar scent getting stronger and stronger as I trudged through the woods step by step. Soon, I saw the golden eyes that stared into mine lifelessly and longingly. My eyes welled with tears and my cheeks started to blush, I crashed into the firm and muscular chest in front of me. I started to weep in his embrace, I felt his body tensed and my inner wolf fall into a submission state. He tightened his arms around my body and whispered 'Yura, I'm sorry..' before tilting my blushing face with his thumb and index finger to stare at my blue eyes. A few deep creases formed on his forehead and he tilted his head to land a kiss on mine, his protective inner wolf made me calmed myself and slump into him. I stopped crying and nuzzled myself into his warm embrace, relaxing my uneasy and frightened mind. We sat under a pine tree not saying anything but just sitting there in a daze. He my hair gently as I sat on his lap with my head leaning against his broad chest. His scent have a calming effect on me, I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent deeply to calm my nerves.

I felt my long curly hair being swiped away from my neck and his warm breaths hit my sweet spot making me tingle irresistably. 'You are finally free..I'm glad.' he whispered into my ear and wrapped his arms around me tightly. He pressed his face against my nape and inhaled deeply, his hot breathes blowed onto me slowly and steadily. Soon, I fell into deep sleep inside his comforting embrace. It was the best feeling I've had in such a long time, the feeling of ensurance, comfort, and freedom.. Eventhough I've had all these now, a part of me is still gone forever..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the sleeping girl in my arms and inhaled her sweet scent that drive my senses into a frenzy. I closed my eyes tightly and a deep crease formed on my forehead, I stared at the girl's exposed neck and calmed my inner wolf with a deep breath. The corner of my lips curled up as I land a kiss on her head gently, my heart shranked and ached as I thought about the pain she had to go through because of my foolish mistake. How could I let her go through that? The thought of her  in pain and overpowered by vicious rogues make me feel awful and miserable. Staring at the flowing stream emotionlessly, I felt a drop of liquid fall onto my chest. I slowly positioned myself and drop my gaze to my chest carefully to avoid waking the sleeping girl. I tilted my head aside to peer at the girl's face, her cheeks were flushed  rosy red and two streams of crystal clear tears glistened her cheeks. 

I wiped her tears away with the back of my fingers and heard her mutter 'Stop it..please..stop it..Tao~' after I heard his name, my inner wolf raged with anger and my pupils dilated making my irises turn black. I clenched my fists into balls so tightly I felt liquid form in them, the sleeping girl moved and she looked up at me with her fearfull eyes that ached my heart. The once fearless and stubborn girl that chained my heart to her's is gone forever. I felt her hands on my arm and she whispered to me 'Calm down.. I'm fine.' My heart swiveled when she said that heartbreaking sentence, she gave me a tender smile and lifted her body slightly to give me a soft peck on the neck. Her submissive wolf made my wolf more aggressive to dominate her, I stared into her reddened eyes and she knowingly turned her gaze down in submission. I dipped my head to the nape of her neck and inhaled her scent deeply, I could feel her cringing away as I continued to smooth and pale skin.

My body stiffened and her body tensed when another scent approached us, she lolled her head up and got off me. I studied her anxious actions as she shot me a mild smile before saying her goodbyes and walking away from me again. I sniffed the air for the unfamilliar scent and tightened my lips as the scent I was taking was from another wolf, not the silver one but another one and a male. I frowned and my inner wolf fought to be let out, I took a deep breath and turned around, walking away reluctantly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knocked into something hard making my head spin as I covered my forehead with both of my hands, I looked up and met the dark blue eyes that stared into mine with shock. He held me at shoulder's length and started to inspect me, 'Where did you go? And what's with the scent?' He glared at me with his dark blue eyes, his pupils dilated so much it made the blue turn to black. His fingers dug into my flesh so hard that I whimpered in pain, I fought back by glaring at him, fighting with his wolf over power. I let out a low growl and said 'I'm fine and you don't need to know that much. Now, let go of me.' I felt his hands on my shoulders tensed. He took them away and closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. Hopefully, they're back to dark blue again. I relaxed myself and we walked off heading back to the pack. Along the way, I smelt his minty scent intoxicating me and his wolf's uneasiness while he strolled along beside me. I took a glance at him and met his eyes, he stared at me emotionless and mustered a gentle smile at me. I responded his smile and he let out a soft chuckle escape his lips, he draped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. His scent waft into my nostrils the whole time we walked through the woods together, enjoying nature's embrace and the tranquility it provide us.

As we neared the pack, a familliar scent made butterflies form in me again. 'Hongbin?' my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach and my mind started to go frizzy. I ran ahead following the scent that I have yearned for so long, leaving the minty scent slowly fade away behind me. I ran and ran following the scent and locked my gaze into silver ones that stared into my blue ones lifelessly. I linked my mind to his and said 'Where have you been?'.