Mate..

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

My ears picked up a soft whisper. Repeating the same words again and again. I tilted my head and concentrated on them 'Leave...' I frowned and listened to the rest of the sentence 'Leave..him, mate!' I gasped and woke up in a start, sweat glistened my forehead and tears wet my face. 'Did you have a nightmare?' A voice whispered above me and a pair of arms tightened around my body. I frowned and pulled myself away, my cheeks blushing like tomatoes. Wait..this voice sounds familliar. I lifted my gaze and stared at the beautiful face above. 'Hongbin! What are you doing here?' I sat up and continued to stare at him as he got up and smiled at me.

'Come here.' My brows furrowed together as I continued to stare at him. He beckoned me and I crawled towards him slowly, going into his arms. His scent flowed into me as I inhaled it, it was so sweet and comforting I felt like it was designed just for me. I slide my arms around his waist and took in another deep breath. He chuckled and hugged me tighter. 'This is so weird Hongbin..' 'It shouldn't be, dear. We're made for each other now.' He leaned in and kissed my head. I opened my eyes and thought for a while, We're made for each other? What did that mean? 'No way.. are you my..' 'Mate..' he completed my sentence and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I pushed him away and stared at him, confusion filling my eyes. 'Calm down, Yura.' He held his hands out and came towards me, his eyes pleading me to relax. 'Don't! Come near me!' I yelled and tears started to water my eyes, my head fell to my hands and I started to sob. 'Shh, shh.. calm down sweetheart.' He came towards me and calmed me with his enticing scent, his hands encircling me gently. 'I don't want this Hongbin-nie..' I weeped into his shirt and felt his body tensed . 'Accept it Yura..' he whispered into my ear and lay me down on the bed.

For the whole night, my mind was going from Hongbin to N and from N to Leo. I didn't want him to be my mate, I want him to be just an amazing friend, just like before when everything was alright. If N and Leo knew Hongbin was my mate, they're going to be so upset and that's really going to kill me. My mind twisted and turned as I drained myself back to sleep with my troubles inside my mind.

*********

Sunlight falled upon my face as I stirred in my sleep. I waited for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings before I glanced around the spacious room. After looking at the clock, I got up and removed Hongbin's hands around me before going down the stairs. My heart skipped a beat as I took in the spacious open space living room and the beautiful modern kitchen beside it. I walked towards the kitchen and stared at the luxurious dining room, a chandelier hung above the long rectangular table as it let out a dim shimmer. I had no idea where this mystery property came from but In Guk never told me anything about a property like this within the pack.

I went towards the kitchen and made breakfast with the brand new pans and plates that look hell expensive. As I was frying the eggs, Hongbin came up from behind and hugged me with his long arms making me jump in them. 'Good morning, dear..' he cooed into my ear and rested his chin on my shoulder. 'Good morning.' I replied and jumped again when his hands went down my sides and stopped at my hips, pulling me towards him. He pressed his lips onto my neck and started to venture down my shoulder. 'I'm preparing breakfast, Hongbin.' I jerked him away and continued to flip the eggs.

He groaned and pulled me away from the stove, pinning me onto the wall like a criminal. I yelped and felt his hands started to caress my sides. 'Stop it!' I struggled in his grip as he continued to kiss me. Then, his hand went underneath my knee length night gown and head towards my thighs. I gasped and shuddered as his tongue my nape. His hand touched the soft skin under and he started to kiss me more urgently. I pushed him away with all my might and finally managed to turn around and give him a tight slap. 'What do you think you're doing?!' I yelled and glared at him furiously, my eyes getting red with tears. He lifted his hand and touched his reddened cheek. 

'Why are you doing this Yura? Why can't you accept me? I'm your mate and there's no changing it, why can't you love me like how I love you? What, is it because of those useless wolves? They can't protect you, Yura. Only I can, so please stop thinking about THEM and concentrate on ME!' He punched the wall beside and glared at me, a crackling sound sounded as his fist landed on the wall. His gaze threatened me to submit as I continued to glare at him furiously. He gritted his teeth and cursed before going out through the front door, leaving me as I stared at the wooden paneled floor. My knees gave out and I slumped onto the floor crying. I feel so miserable I didn't want to live now.

I ate my breakfast, took my bath and sat in the living room staring at the massive black tv as tears continued to flow down my cheeks. As I continued to stare, minutes and hours ticked by quickly. And before I know it, it was 6 pm already. I got up and head towards the kitchen to prepare dinner. I searched the cabinets and found some raw spaghetti with some other ingredients. I made up my mind and started making spaghetti for dinner. After I was done with everything, I went up the stairs and unpacked my luggage. As soon as I opened the zipper, I frowned and started fumbling around my clothes. Shorts, dresses, revealing night gowns and some other weird clothes I've never seen before was all I've found. Damn, I found a piece of paper underneath the pile of clothes and slipped it out with shaky hands. 'Hope to hear good news soon! :)' My heart stopped beating as I stared at it dumbfounded. God, save me.

Hongbin came back at 7:54 and sat down for dinner. Dinner was so awkward and cold, I wanted ro run away. 'I'm sorry for what happened today.' I turned my eyes towards him and he stared at me with a pleading look, begging me to forgive him. 'It's fine, really.' I gave him a smile and the corners of his lips went up, revealing those adorable dimples on his cheeks. 'I didn't know you were such an amazing cook.' He took a big bite of the spaghetti and gave me a wink making me laugh at his cuteness. 'Thanks.' His smile went wider and he took in another big bite of his food.

*********

'God, this is unbelievable.' I stared at the mirror as I yanked at the corner of my night gown. A light pink above the knee cotton dress. It looks cute but considering I'm not sleeping alone tonight makes me really nervous. I sighed and opened the door, Hongbin was already lying on the bed reading a book when I stepped out the bathroom. He looked up and I blushed, I bit my lips and slide under the blanket, my eyes avoiding his staring ones. He laid the book on the drawer and wrapped his arms around me 'You look so beautiful Yura.' I cringed at his touch and grunted 'Can I go back to get my clothes tomorrow?' 'Why? You look beautiful in these.' He pulled the corner of the dress and I hit him with my elbow 'No, I'm going back tomorrow.' 'Awww...' 'Shut up and go to sleep, Hongbin.' 'It's hot.' 'Don't.' 'Hahahaha..'