Matenaped

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

N:

When I freed her from my lips, I drop my gaze to her blushed face. She stared at me with her eyes filled with shock and blinked; pushing me away slightly before clearing . Her fingers twirled her long curly hair as she bit her lips.

I smirked when I saw her face blushed bright red, she took a glance at me and sulked ‘Why did you do that?’ she punched me on my chest softly and looked away. I shrugged, closing up our distance; leaving an inch between me and her. Her blue eyes stared at me widely with her cheeks glowing red. I was so pleased by her reactions it made me want to bite her.

‘I’ve been holding that in for quite some time now, I hope you don’t blame me for it.’ I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes turning away from me. She scoffed ‘So I won’t be seeing Leo often then.’ She looked toward the other direction with a sad expression which made my heart shrank, I frowned and bit my lip. ‘You can still meet him when he is free. Don’t worry...’ I tried to comfort her but my heart was not allowing me to.

Yura:

I don’t know if I should be sad because I can’t see Leo or be happy because he had become an alpha. I turned to N and saw him staring at me with a glimpse of sadness in his eyes, when he realized I was looking at him, he gave me a big wide smile. I questioned myself if something was bothering him as well but shrugged it off when he perked an eyebrow.

He looked to the other direction and thought for a while ‘Well.. See you tomorrow then.’ He smiled at me and lowered his head, I quickly covered my lips to protect them from his. He lifted his head and look at me with an eyebrow perked up, I gave him a not-a-chance look and a smirk appeared on his lips. He put an arm around my shoulders and pulled me in, his other hand grabbed my wrist and forced my hand off. He pressed his lips onto mine and I shut my eyes tight.

After a few breathtaking seconds, he let me go and ran off. I opened my eyes and glared at him. He gave me a playful smile as I grabbed some rocks from the ground and threw them at him. ‘Yah!’ I screamed but he avoided the rocks and winked at me, making me stomp on the ground angrily. After he had gone out of sight, I put my fingers to my lips feeling the forceful but gentle kiss just now. It felt different as it made my heart thump furiously, very furiously.

Tao:

I took one last glance at the pack and limp out of the territory reluctantly. I felt the pain on my limb and various other places over my body. That damn Leo. Suddenly, I heard some rustling in the brush behind me. I raised my hackles and growled at the brush that was still rustling. Soon, I smelt the familiar scent, D.O. The brindle wolf appeared from the brush with his ears laid flat and his tail tucked in between, submitting in front of me.

I stared at him with a confused expression when he nodded at me, I turned away and accepted him as my loyal follower. I hobbled and he helped me by supporting me by my side. We searched for a shelter and finally came to a small cave that is about a few miles away from the pack's territory. We rested in the cave and D.O started to my wounds, I grunted at the stinging pain. I started cursing and mumbling swears when I thought of that hateful Leo.

I can’t just leave it like this, I’m going to get revenge for myself and destroy them. I laid my muzzle on my paws and look out to the brushes and pine trees in front of the cave. I twitched my nose and caught a scent, I raised my head to the air and sniffed the air carefully. My mind went lose and I got up quickly, sniffing the air violently as I smelt the familiar scent that swipe in my nostrils. I turned my head over my shoulder and gave D.O a stare, telling him we have business to do.

Yura:

After a couple of weeks, Hongbin and Ken had fully recovered. ‘Get your hands off her!’ ‘Get lost!’ Now that they’ve recovered, I wished that they’ve not. The two of them stuck to me, quarrelling all day and night. Their nonstop quarrelling is definitely driving me crazy. ‘STOP IT!’

I put my hands to the air and pushed them away, leaving them to blame each other about making me mad. I sighed and went into my room, I took up a cardboard box at the corner of my room and sat by the edge of my bed. I took out the small fur ball in the box and gently lift it up to my eye level ‘So how’s your day, Yeonny?’ I look at the black bunny that N gave me after he saved it from a red fox in the woods. Other than Jenny and Jamie, Yeonny is the second most cutest thing I’ve ever seen in the world.

I slide my fingers through its soft fur screaming silently because of its cuteness and cuddlyness. I stare at its black eyes and saw its nose twitching. So, I took up the small pieces of carrot that I had prepared beforehand and put it to its tiny mouth. It twitched its nose and started to nib on the carrot, I smiled and watched it finish the carrot. I put it back into the box and put the remaining pieces of carrots at the corner of the box.

I sat the box back to its place and took another glance at it hopping slowly to the pile of carrots. I tip toed out of the room and down the stairs, I poked my head out the front door and looked around. After I have found that the two magnets are not around, I took a step out. After I've checked that the coast is clear, I ran out.

I made all sorts of crackling sounds on the leaves to make my existence known to my surroundings. Suddenly, a brush rattled behind me. I took a slight glance over my shoulder not too considerate about the sound and continued my journey. I walked and walked and the smell of wolf’s bane grew stronger and stronger.

As I walked, I felt like I’m on the edge of puking. But something is not right here. Why on earth is there wolf’s bane around a place like this? I stopped in my tracks and looked around, my nose is not going to work now because of the sharp scent in the air. I frowned and gave my situation a deep thought.

Damn! It’s a trap. I turned around and saw a liver coat wolf snarling at me. He started to stalk towards me baring his teeth with drool leaking down the corner of his lips.

I took a few steps back and stared into his eyes ‘Who are you?’ I said in a stern tone as he snapped at me ‘Your mate!’ Then he pounced on me pinning me to the ground with his big paws. I struggled and he growled at me fiercely. Since struggling wont work, I glared at him ‘What do you want?!’ he ignored me and look at the direction ahead him.

I followed his glare and saw N and Leo standing a good ten feet away from us. The two of them panting and sweating like they've been running miles. ‘Help me.’ I said in a soft whimper and pain immediately flashed through their eyes ‘Tao, I can give you back your position but in one condition, don’t touch her.’ Leo said showing his palms to the wolf but the wolf just scoffed and turned away.

‘Tao, let’s talk okay? Please, don’t hurt her. Please..’ N took a step towards us and the wolf snapped at him warning him to stay back. I look at the two helplessly and the two stared back at me with their faces as pale as a sheet of paper.

Suddenly, the wolf threw his head back and started to howl. After a few howls, a dozen other wolves appeared from the brushes, choking the air with wolf’s bane. The wolves surrounded N and Leo with vicious snarls and growls. Tao let out a laugh in wolf form until Leo yelled at him.

‘Tao! Stop this instantly!’ Leo's golden eyes gleamed with pure anger at the wolf on me. The wolf continued glaring at him as I read the eye communications between them. ‘She’s mine now.’ My eyes widened with shock and before I notice, his jaws were around my neck. ‘TAO!’ I heard Leo and N yelled at the same time but it’s too late, he’s already marking me.

He nibbed on my neck softly with his sharp canines, carefully and possessively. His scent covering mine immediately. By that time, my mind couldn't think of anything but I just knew this is it. His evil eyes stared into my fear stricken ones with a sense of accomplishment and victory. I knew at that moment, those eyes will stay with me forever. He stared at me until a gleam sparked through his eyes, he’s done.

He took his jaws away from me and got off. I felt two hands grab my arms and started to drag me away. I turned my gaze towards Leo and N with tears swelling in my eyes ‘What are you doing there? Help me..’ I knew it was impossible but I said it anyway.

N slouched his shoulders and replied me ‘We’re sorry Yura, we can’t. You’re his now.’ His words gave me away, I look at them hopelessly until they’re totally out of sight. After they’re out of sight, I felt a cloth pressed onto my mouth and a blindfold wrap around my eyes. Seconds later, dizziness led me to fall into a deep and lonely sleep.

Hongbin: (minutes before the incident)

Damn that Ken! Always bugging around me and Yura not letting us have a day in peace. By the way, where’s Yura? I walked along the house and look at her window, it was closed that means she’s not in there. Strange.. I looked towards the pine forest and started to walk towards it. Each step I took into the forest, my heart started to quicken and my chest started to feel uneasy. Something is wrong, something is definitely wrong. I must get to her now.

I started to run and after a few miles, I started to smell wolf’s bane. The smell covered the air and it was simply suffocating, it must be a trap. When I’ve arrived at the stream, I saw N and Leo standing there emotionlessly. I ran up to them and punched Leo, ‘WHERE’S YURA!’ I yelled at him angrily, he looked at me with a sorry look and scrambled up from the ground ‘She was taken by an outclanner.’

He said softly and apologetically, I looked around and turned back to him ‘I don’t think this is an easy thing like that, it must be a trap and you guys must have something to do with it.’ N came up and said with a frown on his forehead ‘Our brother, Tao. Took her.’ His reply made me even more frustrated, I shouted and stomped on the ground ‘Why do you have to take Yura into your brotherly business? Why! She has nothing to do with it! And i thought the two of you can protect her but you've failed horribly!’ I crouched on the ground with my arms around my head, my fingers dig into my skull trying to calm myself down.

I got up after I’ve calmed down a little and glared at them, ‘What are you going to do now? Just let her go?’ I raised my voice and asked them. ‘We’ll think of a plan but we need to see the alpha now.’ I heard Leo said with a serious tone. I gave him a shrug ‘Great, follow me.’ I turned around and walk to the direction I came from with N and Leo following behind me, they’re not going to come back in one piece I thought in my heart.

‘WHAT!’ In Guk slammed his hand on the table and got up from the chair, he stared at the two outsiders in front of him with a shocked expression. ‘You’re saying Yura got taken by yo…y..your brother? How is that possible? Why.. I mean what does she even have to do with you guys?’ In Guk questioned the two boys that are still seated on the couch.

‘Yura have known us for quite some time, maybe... six years?’ N said softly ending his sentence with a soft whisper. After hearing the answer, In Guk kicked the table and the table broke apart. He let out a loud roar and swinged a punch at Leo, Leo flew off the couch and tumbled onto the wooden floor ‘Leo.’

N got up and wanted to help him but Leo refused his help, he got up and a streak of blood leaked down the corner of his lips. ‘You can hit me all you want but I think saving Yura is more important now.’ Leo said seriously keeping his stare at the furious In Guk which makes me impressed of his courage to stare at In Guk like that when he had made an awful mistake.

‘What, you want me to clean up your mess?’ In Guk took a step towards Leo and glared at him ‘I don’t mean that.’ Leo glared back and the two alphas started to glare at each other for a long time. N stepped up and gave his opinion ‘Rather than staring at each other why don’t we think of something and save Yura?’ N gave them an innocent look and a shrug when they both turned to him.

They finally broke their stares and a worried look fall on their faces. In Guk let out a sigh and said ‘Let’s do it now before it’s too late.’ He looked at us with a serious look ‘No, let’s not do it together.’ ‘What!?’ In Guk turned to Leo with shock ‘What do you mean by that.’ In Guk said sternly with anger boiling in his veins ‘Since he’s our brother, we’re going to take responsibility for his actions so we will get him ourself. I hope you will agree to it.’ ‘But…’ ‘Go take responsibility then.’

Suddenly a female voice cut off In Guk’s words, we look to the other direction and saw Sojin standing at the stairs. ‘No way, I’m never going to let that happen.’ In Guk said with his hands on his head, Sojin walked down the stairs and came to In Guk’s side ‘Let’s trust them.’ She said to him softly her hands cupping his face, In Guk look at her with a worried look and finally nodded his head. Sojin is amazing and impressive, she can melt an angry alpha just like that.

After that, she turned to us with a serious face unlike how she melted In Guk’s heart. ‘You have to swear that you will bring her back safe and sound as soon as possible if we let you do the job.’ She said in a charismatic tone making the two outsiders bow to her with respect.

She nodded at them and In Guk suddenly voiced up ‘I will let you take Hongbin and Ken from my pack to help you guys. At least I’ll feel more secure like that.’ Leo gave him a nod and Sojin said ‘Go now and come back with victory.’ We head out to the door and as soon as we stepped out of the door, we saw Ken leaning beside the door with a smirk on his face. Without saying another word, we proceeded to our mission.