Stranger

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

Leo had summoned his whole pack to find for the missing girl, but not even a scent of her and her kidnapper had been traced. I saw a brown wolf came up to Leo and shook his head making Leo grunt with anger and disappointment, another fruitless search. I look up to the sky and the sun was already losing its power letting the dark conquer it once again. Another sleepless and painful night has come again. I gritted my teeth and glared at Leo that looked at me at the same time, he stared at me with a stern look and howled to the sky. The whole pack stopped their search and gathered together, they changed back to humans and looked at Leo miserably. Leo started to talk to the crowd with a loud voice ‘We might have to spread our search wider and be more alert of any scents that lingered around, we must not give up this search because this search will mean peace and destroying the out clanners. Do you understand.’ ‘Yes!’ the crowd answered in unison and walked off to their territory, leaving N, Leo, Ken and me standing in the middle of pine trees.

I glared at Leo and said ‘The scents have been totally destroyed now, how on earth are we going to find them.’ ‘We will find them if we try harder, just be patient.’ Leo said softly and turned away. I gritted my teeth and raised my voice at him ‘We’re not going to find them like this! You have to think properly, you know that every minute Yura stays there will be more dangerous and the unthinkable will happen at anytime. I know you understand my words.’ Leo stopped in his tracks and looked to the ground, N stepped up and said in a concerned voice ‘I think he’s right Leo, Yura’s gone for a total of four days now. I think we will need to think of something other than finding their trail.’ Minutes passed as Leo remained silent staring on the ground, Ken kicked the rocks on the ground and said ‘Stop staring and talk to us about a plan instead.’ Leo lifted his head and turned to us with his eyes on the river a few yards away from us, he walked towards the river bank and squatted down. He slide his fingers on the soil and turned his head over to us ‘I think I know where they’ve went.’.

Yura: (just after the kidnap)

I opened my eyes slightly and a bad headache struck through my head, I wanted to put my hands over my head but noticed that they were tied up behind me. I hissed at the pain and looked around, it was dark and… wet? I looked at my clothes and see that I was half soaked, I tried to remember the reason I was wet but nothing rang the bell. I took a glance to my left and saw an opening that let in a streak of white moonlight. This must be a cave. Suddenly, I heard footsteps and a figure appeared, the broad figure walked towards me silently as I pulled my legs to my body and stared at the stranger that walked towards me slowly, the stranger arrived in front of me and stared down at me. I glared at the figure with a thick frown, he turned his back towards me and squatted down. I heard him shuffle through some things and pricked some fire woods, the sound of a match being scratched through the matchbox sounded through the cave and a small light became a bigger one when the stranger dropped the match onto the pile of fire wood.

I held my breath when he turned towards me, he was half and he had eyes like Leo’s except that it was brown in colour. His hair was blonde and a smirk was on his fair face when he stared at me. I frowned at him and he put his hand to his back and pulled out a knife, I gasped when he reached the knife towards me. I shut my eyes tight and felt a tug at my hands, I opened my eyes again and noticed that the rope that tied my hands tightly were gone. He took another glance at me with an emotionless look on his face and cut the ropes on my legs loose. I rubbed my wrists gently and scan my bruises sadly, I heard him sigh and he took up my wrist. I hissed and glared at him but he ignored me and observed my wrist under the moonlight. I snatched my hand back and continued glating at him, he stared at me with a shocked expression. He closed up our distance while keeping his stare at me, I turned down my glare when he got too close to me. He stood up and went out of the cave, I let out a sigh and watch the fire woods crack in the fire.

After a few minutes, he came back with a small bottle in his hand. He kneeled down in front of me and uncapped the small bottle, he poured the liquid in the bottle onto his palm and took my hand up. He rubbed the oil on my wrist gently and took glances at me from time to time. After he’s done, he got up and went to the other side of the cave and lied down. I watched him as he just slept there soundlessly, I turned towards the opening of the cave and saw two wolves standing watch under the bright moonlight. I hugged my knees closer to my body and bit my lips, praying for someone to save me and get me out of this dark and spooky cave and away from this stranger. I stared at the same area for about half an hour until my eyes went drowsy and I dozed off out of tiredness.

The next day, I was still kept in the cave. I sat in the cave staring at the roasted deer meat that was laid in front of me still steaming. I don’t feel hungry at all, I just want to go home. I let out a sigh and heard a crack beside me, I lifted my gaze and saw the guy from yesterday staring at me emotionlessly. I frowned and he took a glance at the meat beside me, he kneeled down and peeled a piece from the lump and put it to my mouth. I turned my head away but not turning my gaze away from him, he frowned and said ‘Stop staring at me like that and just eat it.’ I stared at him with a shocked expression, I thought he was mute all this time before he suddenly talked. I stared at him in deep thought and he stared at me helplessly, his cheeks started to blush and I peered closer to him so that I can ensure myself I wasn’t hallucinating. He jerked his head back and stared at me with an eyebrow perked up, I realized my thoughtless move and pulled myself back.

 He put the meat to my mouth again and I turned my head again, he let out a sigh and said in an annoyed tone ‘You sure are something… you better eat it or you’re going to starve to death.’ I gave him a shrug and rolled my eyes, he let out another sigh and ran his hand over his blonde hair. He looked at me with annoyance ‘You want to take it the hard way?’ he said softly as I stared at him with a quizzical look. He popped the meat into his mouth and started to chew, I stared at him with shock. But before I could defend myself, he already had his hand on my cheeks. He pressed his lips onto mine and forced my mouth open with his hand. When he had succeeded with my mouth, he pushed the food into me and stayed in the same position solid until I swallowed the food. He freed me from his grasp and looked at me with a frown, he wiped his lips with his thumb and peeled another piece from the lump of meat. I stopped him immediately and started eating the meat myself, I took slight glances at him when he watched me finish half of the meat. I pushed it away and he looked at me with a weird expression and said ‘Done?’ I quickly nodded my head and look away.

After he finished the remains that I had left, he went out and brought in a big leaf that was folded into a cup shape. He shoved the leaf in my hands that was filled with water. I looked at him and he gestured his hand for me to drink it, I took a gulp of water and passed it back to him. He patted my head and said with a smirk ‘Be good.’ After that, he went out and didn’t come back until midnight. I sat in the cave waiting for someone to get me out of here until I fall asleep. Suddenly, I heard a shuffling sound and I felt that I was lifted from the ground gently. I opened my eyes slightly and can only see the neck and the broad chest of my carrier but when I smelt the scent that marked me, I immediately knew who it was. He put me down on a soft moose pelt  placed deep in the cave and lighted a fire a few feet away from me. The warmth of the fire filled the chilly cave slowly making my shiver lessen, I heard him shuffling on the ground and after a few more shuffles, the whole cave fell silent except for the crackling sound of the fire. I lifted my head and saw him lying on the chilly and rocky ground.

I fell into deep thought and got up, I walked up to him and kneeled beside him. I put my hand onto his shoulder and pushed him slightly, he turned his head over his shoulder and stared at me. I pointed to the moose pelt and pulled him up by his arm, he followed me without resisting and I sat him down at the other side of the pelt. Then, I turned away and lied down with my back facing him, after a few seconds he followed suit. His warm and slow breaths blowed onto my hair making me feel a strange sense of secureness with him by my side. This made me think that this must be the effects of the mark that he has placed on me. 

It’s been the third day now and still no news of anyone that was looking for me. I saw the guy that had been looking after me since the day I came brought another lump of meat with him again. I stared at him until he laid the meat down and sat in front of me, I took a piece of the meat and started to chew on it as soon as he stared at me with an anticipating look. After that scary experience of resisting food, I learned a very important lesson. I took some glances of him when I was chewing on the meat, he stared at me with an empty and cold expression. When I took a longer look, I realized that he was in a daze. It felt uncomfortable with him staring at me while I’m eating so I sped up and finished the usual half that I always leave for him. I pushed the meat towards him and he blinked, snapping himself out of his trans. He looked at the meat and stood up, he took another look at me and attempt to leave. I reached out my hands and pulled his arm back, he looked at me with his eyebrow perked up. I took a deep breath and said ‘Aren’t you going to finish it?’ I waited for his response while he just stared at me with those dazed eyes again. I let out a frown and he shook his head, without another word, he ran out leaving me dumbfounded. He’s weird.

I sat back down and stared out at the sky that is only the size of the opening of the cave. When will I ever get out of here? I let out a sigh and continued my useless stare at the bright sky. I observed the sun going down the mountains inch by inch until the sky was totally painted in black ink, I look at the moon and predict that 'he' will be back in 3..2..1! I heard footsteps on the rocky ground and there he is, the tall and handsome blonde hair guy. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me staring at him, I blinked and he looked away. I frowned because of his cold response and got up, I stretched my cramped body and turned to him. I jerked back when I saw him standing inches in front of me and he stared at me with his dark brown eyes just like how he always does. I gave him a suspicious look and caught a glimpse of a big scar that stretched from his ribs to his waist. I peered closer and slide my fingers slowly to the end of the scar. When I wanted to take my fingers off, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. My eyes turned wide with shock by his sudden actions, I stared at him with my breath held in my chest.

He stared at me and I stared at him, the next second, our lips met. I struggled in his strong grasp but I don’t stand a chance. He pressed me against the cave wall and grabbed both of my hands in between me and him. I bit his lip but he just let out a frown and continued anyway, fear and nervousness swept through my whole body immediately. Suddenly, his scent swarm through me drunking me. A sudden instinct to submit to him when his scent surrounded me made me helpless and I involuntarily relaxed my body and he softened his grip on my hands. He wrapped his arms around me and dig his fingers into my flesh making me moan desperately. His wet tongue break through my lips, coming deeper and deeper into me like no one has ever done. He slide his hands from my back to my hips and to my thighs, he lifted both of my legs off the ground and wrapped them around his waist. I clasped my legs tightly onto him while he moved our location onto the warm and soft moose pelt.

Without breaking the kiss, he started to my shirt. He continued the kiss until he had to break it to wander to other places of my body. He placed soft kisses on my neck and my exposed throat with his wet tongue making me shiver and tingle. I tried to push him away but his strong body overpowered me and made me helpless but to let him take over me. Tears flowed down my eyes and sweat glistened my body, i whimpered and moaned at the pain he was causing me. He bit my neck when i tried to resist him and covered my mouth with his hand to avoid me from screaming out of pain. 'Shh.. be a good girl for me and don't resist it..' he whispered into my ear and bit the skin at the nape of my neck.

The long and exhausting night finally came to an end when dawn break through the sky. I shielded my eyes away from the sunlight and sat up quickly, I look around and found myself . I gasped and took up my clothes around me, sliding them on within a second. I looked around again and found out that he was gone, I stood up and trugged towards the opening of the cave as i was still in pain of yesterdays tormentation. I jerked back when he suddenly appeared in front of me, he stared at me suspiciously and draged me back into the cave. I struggled to free my hand just like how Hongbin dragged me last time, it hurt a lot. ‘Ouch! Stop it..i..it hurts!’ I whined and he stopped his tracks but not his grasp, he turned his head over his shoulder to look at me. I look at him pitifully and he finally let me go, I rubbed my hand carefully and glared at him. ‘Don’t take another step towards the cave or I’ll have to tie you up.’ After saying those threatening words he walked away again. I sat down, anger rushing through my veins and blood.

The day was getting dark again and my stomach is growling with hunger. I drew circles on the ground until suddenly I heard a howl and a whole bunch of growling and snarling. I looked at the only open way and saw a big dark figure standing there with glowing gold eyes. I stood up and stared at the wolf not knowing what to do next. My tears started to fall. The wolf padded towards me but was knocked down by another liver coat wolf. I gasped and witness them fight each other viciously, I put my hands on my lips and started to weep. The liver coat wolf took a glimpse filled with worry at me when I let out a soft whimper and was pounced on by the other wolf. The black wolf glared at the losing wolf below him, they stared at each other for a while and the black wolf gave him the vital bite. When he gave him that bite, I felt my heart getting ripped apart and my lungs shrinking abruptly. I fall to the ground gasping for air like I was the one that had suffered from the vicious bite. Soon after, I fainted in the midst of a wolf war.