What Happened?

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

I woke up in the morning, groaning and as the headache hit me hard. I sat up and scanned my surroundings, recognizing it as my room after a few seconds. But how did I get in here? I winced again when the headache hit me, I got up from bed and went towards the bathroom and decided to wash myself as I stink of wolf now. After a warm bath, I walked down the stairs and was greeted by Jenny. I smiled at her and she ran towards me with wide arms ‘Good morning Yura!’ she said in a singsong voice and hugged me tightly, I patted her head and smiled at her ‘Good morning Jen, where’s Papa and Mama?’ she gave me a pout and replied ‘Papa and mama went out early in the morning.’ She pointed her index finger towards the door and sighed, I gave her a nod and told her to go play as I go out to meet the pack.

I changed into my wolf and head towards the pack. As I neared thwm, the pack stared at me with a weird gaze that made me wonder if I was missing a paw or what. Hongbin came towards me and accompanied me towards the pack. In Guk was howling some kind of wolf language when I suddenly felt a nudge at my rear. I jerked and snap my head to the back. A brown wolf with white markings at the back of his pelt, Jungkook, eyed me intently. He came to my side and ducked his head under my belly. I flinched and knocked into Hongbin accidentally.  Hongbin’s muzzle craned over my back as Jungkook rubbed his cheek against my fur.

Hongbin started to growl when Jungkook my cheek. If this goes on any longer, things are not going to turn out well. Suddenly, Hongbin jumped over me and attacked him. In Guk and and the whole pack turned to watch the fight as I stared at them in shock. Within a minute, blood smeared through the air and Jungkook was beneath Hongbin. In a distance, I could see Hongbin striking for his throat. The air was stuck in my throat as I watch them snap at each other's pelt. In Guk came out from behind and separated the two wolves, growling at them as the two ducked their heads in submission.

Later, Jungkook was sent to the medical room and Hongbin was not allowed to join the hunt. Although I was shocked by the incident earlier, I was dissapointed I couldn't hunt with him. The leader of our team was replaced by Ken as Hongbin couldn't join us. Hunting with Ken wasn't that bad after all, he was serious when we were hunting and funny when we were not. After a couple of hours, we’re back. I went off to look for Hongbin and found him waiting for me in front the logwood house already.

He ran towards me and dragged me away. I stumbled along behind him as he continued to drag me away. ‘It hurts! Let..go!’ I continued to struggle behind him until he finally set me free, I brushed my wrist softly and blowed at it to ease the pain. He grabbed me so hardly it left a mark around my wrist. I glared at him by the corner of my eyes and said, ‘Why did you do that?’ and he just stared at me with questioning eyes ‘You forgot what happened between us didn't you?’ I peered my eyes at him ‘What do you mean?’ he let out a sigh and said ‘So you did.. You don’t need to know, as long as I know it, its fine.’ I grabbed his hands and turned him around to face me ‘Say it.’ He pushed my hands away and walked off.

I stood there staring at the place where he stood earlier. What’s wrong with him? What made him so upset? My lungs started to suffocate as my mind replayed the awful scene again and again. The world started spin until I couldn't take it anymore. I fall to the ground and tears started to roll down my cheeks. I put my hand to my chest and feel the painful thumps on it. I feel betrayed again just like how Hyeri betrayed me, I’m feeling it again. I cursed myself and laid on the lush green grass, allowing the warm breeze to caress me as I watched the flowing river glitter before me. For now, I just want to be alone, even for just a minute, but things just don’t work out my way.

My ears picked up footsteps coming closer behind me, as he was just behind me, he laid down and stared at me. I closed my eyes and heard him say ‘What are you doing here beauty? Something bothering you? ’ I opened my eyes and turned towards him ‘My name is Yura and I just want to be alone so can you please go away?’ I rolled my eyes and turned back. ‘Oohh… scary. Sorry but I’m quite a persistent guy so if you want me to leave im afraid its not going to work, unless..’ he turned me to face him ‘Unless you give me a kiss.’ He smirked and I frowned at him. I pushed him away and turned away ‘Fine, stay all you want.’ I closed my eyes and calmed the anger rising inside me until a weird sensation distracted me. I opened my eyes and Ken was infront of me. His eyes closed and his lips on mine.

The setting sun made the sky change from a baby blue into a beautiful orange pink, the river sparkled so brilliantly it made the stars hide itself. Inside this picturesque scenery laid Ken and me, I observed him from up close and was a little dissapointed to not notice the unique features of him until now. He my lips and brought me deeper into him. I was shocked and I hesitated for a moment before closing my eyes. My hands circled his neck and pulled him closer towards me. I tilted my head and let him take control as he come at me like a hungry wolf. He placed his hands on my hips and I dig my fingers into his caramel brown hair.

The sky was a midnight blue when we broke the kiss and stared into each others' eyes hazily. Our lungs panting desperately for air as I pulled him down and hug him tightly. Tears formed in my eyes as I whispered into his ear ‘It hurts, my heart hurts..’ Then the tears started to pour down my eyes again, I always thought I could go to Hongbin for comfort when Leo and N are not here but when he turned away from me, I realized I was wrong. He me and he was the only one I can lean on, I'm so lost now.

Ken accompanied me back to the house before giving me another warm hug and staring at me with his sly smirk. He disappeared into the dark again after I turned to open the door. Sometimes, I wonder how on earth can he move so quickly when he was in human form. I stepped into the house and avoid everyone as I head to my room quickly. I curled into a ball on my bed and closed my eyes. The feeling of Ken’s warm caresses and tickling kisses remained fresh on me as Hongbin’s cold stare and painful grab became a painful memory. I frowned and hugged myself tighter, forcing myself to sleep as I struggled with the mixed feeling in my heart.

It was the next day when I feel the exhaustion of not being able to fall asleep. As I paced towards the pack, Hongbin came towards me with his eyes pinning on me. I trotted to Ken's side and made a barrier between me and him. I tried to hide myself but Hongbin came to my other side, making my barrier useless. He pushed me away from Ken as I plant myself to the ground and ignore his nudges. He growled and Ken growled at the same time. He ignored the warning and insisted on making me move. I continued to resist and he pulled his lips back and snarled at me.

I went to the other side of Ken as Hongbin stared at me with shock. Hongbin took a step towards me and a low growl came from Ken. The two wolves growled at each other and the tension grew higher every minute. I nudged Ken and he stopped immediately, staring at me. I took a glance at Hongbin and he was clearly not pleasant with my move. He took a glance at me and took a glance at Ken. And then, he attacked.

I leaped away from them as the two wolves wrestle on the ground and snapped at each other, the situation was chaotic. I panicked as I the fight got from bad to worse. Blood smeared through the air and covered the wolves in patches of red. They snarled and growled at each other trying to rip off the other's flesh as I stood there helplessly. Suddenly, In Guk came out from no where and jumped into the fight. He bit Hongbin by the ruff and throwed him to the ground. Blood oozed from Ken's limb and body as he whined in agony. In Guk pinned Hongbin on the ground and forced him to submit.

Hongbin struggled a bit before giving up under the alpha. My attention went back to Ken when I heard him whine. I wanted to go to him but Sojin stopped me in my tracks. I stared at her and she shook her head with a serious look. I turned back to Ken and saw the others help him move to the medical room. In Guk freed Hongbin under him and left him panting on the ground after the fight.

I was angry as I stared at him on the ground. I left him on the ground for some time to let him get some sense into himself before coming back to me. I turned my head towards the medical room and met his eyes. He whined desperately for me as I clenched my teeth and walked towards the other direction.

I was in the medic room watching Ken as he laid unconscious on the patient bed. I sat on the chair next to the bed and watched him closely. His lips were still a little pale and he just..looks bad. I cupped my face with my hands and groaned. I held his hand and brushed his bangs away from his face. After sitting beside him for a long time, I went out to get some clean air. I stared at the ground as I thought about facing Hongbin again. I shut my eyes tightly let out a deep sigh. As I neared the corner of the medic room, groans and some other voices came from the back of the pack’s logwood house. I walked towards the noise and peered my head around the corner carefully. Four of the pack members which I recognise as Suho, Cap, L.Joe and V was kicking and beating something on the ground.

I tip toed towards them and took a glance at the object, my eyes widened as I eyed the boy lying on the ground motionlessly. ‘You should have thought of the consequences when you got into that fight. Because you’re higher in rank doesn't mean you won't fall from it.’ V said in disgust as he strike another kick to the boy’s stomach. I gasped and yelled at them ‘Stop it!’ they all turned to look at me and moved away from Hongbin as I ran towards Hongbin and cradle his head on my lap.

Several bruises were forming on his face and a streak of blood flowed down the corner of his lips. I looked towards the direction of the four and saw them standing there doing nothing ‘What are you doing? Get help!' I yelled at them and they flinched, Cap turned towards me with a sorry expression and replied ‘Sorry, but can’t. Come on guys.’ He gestured towards the others and walked off leaving me and Hongbin alone. Hongbin groaned and I caught a big wound by his side, blood flowing down the wound like a water pipe.

I panicked and tears started to roll down my cheeks. Suddenly, someone came to my side and lifted Hongbin carefully. I stared at him and realized I don't remember seeing him before, I stared at him as he lifted Hongbin with a groan ‘Aren’t you going to help?’ he said to me with a little agitation in his voice. My senses came back and I got up, helping him bring Hongbin into the medical room.

Now, Hongbin is lying on another patient bed next to Ken with bandages and hoses all over him. I turned to my 'saviour' and observed him doing something to the hoses. I stuttered as I blushed into a tomato ‘Um..ma..may I know your name?’ he turned to his side and stared at me, the corners of his lips went up and he said ‘My name is Bambam. I'm Jb’s assistant, nice to meet you.’ He put a hand infront of me and I poked my hand out to shake his.

He put a shield between Ken and Hongbin’s bed and said ‘This will keep them from killing each other later when they wake up, but they’ll still know each others existence by their scents.’ He chuckled and I stared at him with an eyebrow perked up ‘Why did you help him?’ I pointed at Hongbin and he turned towards me with a confused look. We stared at each other for a long time as I waited for his answer, he smiled at me and said ‘Because it's my job to deal with omegas...like him.’.