Growing up

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

I ran and ran until the log wood house came to sight, I halted to a stop behind some bushes and changed back into my human form. After looking around for a while, I took my backpack from under a plastic cover and grabbed my clothes. I slipped into them quickly before entering the house.

I opened the door with a click and was welcomed by Sojin, the Luna. I gestured where In Guk is and she pointed towards the stairs. She put two index fingers on her head showing that my brother's angry making me sigh and roll my eyes. When i heard footsteps coming down the stairs, I stood in attention and acted like I was sorry.

'Yura you are 10 minutes late, where the hell did you go?' He stared at me angrily, slowly walking towards me 'I just went to the stream and lost track of time.. i guess?' I said softly 'Didn't i tell you to stop going there? That stream is way out of our territory and you're putting yourself in serious danger everytime you go there, do you understand?' He raised his voice and i've truly had enough.

I looked straight at him and raised my voice 'But nothing happened right? So can you just stop being so paranoid and get mad at me just because i was 10 minutes late? What kind of brother are you?' He glared at me, rage filling his eyes 'Did you just raised your voice at me? Im doing all these for your sake. Paranoid? You call this paranoid? This is called protecting, im being so strict because you're my little sister and father told me to take care of you. I'm just carrying out my responsibilities but you take this for granted.'

'Enough.' Sojin voiced up just before he could shoot more 'bullets' at me, 'Honey, im sure she has learned her lesson today, just let her go once.' 'But.' Sojin shoke her head and In Guk gave up, 'Fine, because of Sojin im not going to say anymore. But i hope you could be punctual next time.' After that, he went out the door and slamed the door behind him. I sighed and dropped my head to the floor.

'Its okay, he's just a little hot tempered thats all. Please don't keep that in mind.' Sojin said to me with her beautiful green eyes gleaming under the light, i gave her a smile and went upstairs. 'Yu-yu!' I turned around when my niece and nephew called after me. Laughing, I opened my arms wide and hugged them tightly. 'So how's your day kiddos.' 'Jamie snatched my crayon.' 'Jenny threw my battle ship.' Both of them said in unison and i laughed at their childish quarrels.

Jenny has long curly brown hair with eyes identical to Sojin's, while Jamie has the same slanding eyes of In Guk. Both of them are 5 years old and they're the cutest things i've ever seen in my 14 years of life, i adore them a lot. After having them, Sojin had to stay at home to look after them and i will always be her assistant; helping her when she needs it.

It was always noisy and busy. But they're sometimes afraid of their dad which makes my heart break, who would be afraid of their own father? 'Jen~ Jamy~' Sojin's voice rang through the house 'Its time for dinner!' The two kids got out of my arms and ran down the stairs, 'Oh!' Jenny stoped in her tracks 'Do you wanna join us?' She said in a sing-song tone 'Nah, im not hungry. You go on.' She nodded and ran down.

I got up and went into my room, dragging my feet towards the closet to grab my sleeping gown before heading towards the bath room. I filled the tub with luke warm water and removed every piece of clothing on my body, water slipped out of the tub when i emerged my body into it. 

The warm and comforting sensation filled my body making me gasp in comfort. I closed my eyes and thought of the things that happened today. Leo. N. Friends. Unbelievable, who would have know that I just made friends like that? Thinking about In Guk's crazy over-protectiveness, i know i must never let him know anything about it. Otherwise, they'll be dead in his jaws. I started to think of the things that we will do together. Smilling at some silly thoughts that came in mind, it feels just so great. 

I came to the same place just as promised yesterday and laid my muzzle on my paw staring at the flowing stream. The glittering crystal clear water reflected the sunshine that made me close my eyes to avoid the strong rays from entering them.

The birds chirping above me and the warm breeze caressing the trees made a beautiful collaboration. Coaxing me to sleep slowly. I felt a cold sensation on my cheek and a nudged to my side making me look up to find the two wolves standing beside me.

I got up and stretched my legs, shaking my body in the process to loosen my fur. N jumped on me and then Leo joined in, i avoided him and jumped onto Leo, pinning him on the ground. Before I could nib his shoulder, I was toppled down by N. We ran around and played like puppies until we're finally worn out. The three of us laid on the forest ground, enjoying nature's embrace. It was a fun and exciting day indeed. When the day came to an end, we bid each other good bye and walked to different directions.

Days after days, months after months and then years after years. We were meeting with each other every once in a while and it has made a strong bond between us, sometimes we meet in human and sometimes we play in wolf. It has already been 6 years since we first met, N and Leo are now fully grown wolves making them a good 6 ft which is a whole lot taller than me. They're both 21 this year and I'm 20. Things have changed a lot through the years, In Guk has made the pack stronger and bigger with 40 members including In Guk, Sojin, me and my niece and nephew making it the strongest pack amongst the other packs.My nephews are 11 now and to me they're still the same, still as adorable as they are.

'Yura!' I turned around and saw Hongbin running towards me, he grabbed me by my sides and threw me to the air. I squealed and looked around quickly, scanning if In Guk was around. After i have seen no sign of the gray wolf, i turned my attention back to him and smacked him 'Hey, what if your crazy alpha sees you?' He smiled at me and said 'Nah, he won't. He went to look around the territory to make sure the others are doing their job.' 'Im sure they are doing their job eventhough he's not there to see.'

Let me tell you about this mysterious Hongbin. He was a lone wolf 2 years ago before joining the pack, and how he joined us was pretty impressive. In Guk knew that there was a silver wolf lurking around our territory which had raised the attention of the guard wolves in our pack. One day, the wolves caught him entering the territory and surrounded him. In Guk heard about it so he went to check it out, i was a busybody then so i went along with him.

We reached our destination and witness the rumored 'lone wolf' snarling in the middle of six grown up and experienced wolves that are ready to charge at him. Suddenly, they striked. But he defeated one after the other with ease. I was shocked by the sight and i was sure In Guk felt the same as well. He went to the fighting ground and stopped the fight, he studied the silver wolf which was injured but still standing strong in front of him.

He his wound and acknowledge him as one of our pack members. After that, he was like the right hand of In Guk, going wherever In Guk will go and hunting together with him, he was also higher in rank despite his young age.

More surprisingly, he was the only male allowed around me. Unlike his hunting and fighting skills, he's as sweet as honey on the inside when he's with me. 'Yura, are you going to leave me alone again?' He pouted sadly at me 'No, im just going to do my stuff that's all.' 'Really?' He studied my face trying to find any flaws in my lie, I stared at him and sighed. 'Then..can i come?' He grabbed my hands and stared at me with expectation 'What! You? I...i..can't.' I turned my gaze away and said.

'Why?' I see tears well up in his eyes and I winced. I have a soft spot for those eyes and i hate it. 'Don't show me that look.' He made me look at him and said 'Yura~please trust me, i won't tell your secret to anyone.' Hmmm.....

Well..maybe he won't betray me. Fine. 'Okay, promise me you won't tell anyone not even InGuk, okay?' He hugged me and started to jump 'Yes!Yes!Yes! I promise!'

I brought him to my meeting ground and waited for them. I sniffed the air and sensed their scent near us, so i started to talk 'He's trustable. I can guarantee that.' The two guys came out from the shadows looking at me and Hongbin confusedly 'Who's he?' Leo said, eyeing Hongbin cautiously with his shoulders rolled back and his dominant aura thickening in the air 'He's Hongbin. He joined my pack 2 years ago, he insisted of coming with me so i brought him along.' I said softly looking to the ground.

'Hi, im Hongbin nice to meet you.' He held out his hand 'Hi, im N and this is Leo. Nice to meet you..no thanks.' N pointed at Hongbin's hand while giving him a stiff glare. Hongbin retreated his hand and smiled at them 'Let's hang out together.' We all stared at him in disbelief, is he nuts? This is not going to happen, no way. 'Yura, you just brought problem with you.' Leo said, agitated, 'What do you mean problem? Yura~ how did you make such rude friends?' He hugged me and started to complain; immediately, I felt daggers jabbing at our direction.

I took a glance at them and see their pupils dilated so much it made their eyes turn black. N clenched his fist into tight balls and pushed Hongbin off me 'Hey, stop that and we will let you join us okay?' Hongbin stared at him with a sly smirk on his face.

It was awkward and tension is always in the air, I choked at the strong power plays going on between these three wolves. With Hongbin continously clinging onto me and N seperating us over and over again, it was truly annoying for me. By the corner, I could feel Leo trying to control himself from killing Hongbin and I knew if this continues, a fight will really break out. 'Come on we have to go now.'

I got up and pulled Hongbin along 'Bye guys.' I waved at them and only N waved back while Leo walked away without even looking back, seeing his back walking away from me hurt a lot. I turned around and walked off with Hongbin. 'How long have you known them?' Hongbin asked me with his arm around my shoulders '6 years?' 'That long?' I nodded and we walked back in silence.