The Fight

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

In the thick mists of the dark woods, blood smeared through the air and dyed the fresh green grass to red. All animals backed away from the intense fight going on in the woods. Inside all these chaos were three enormous wolves that fought viciously under the full moon. The wolves fought each other for the alpha-dominance to make the other submit to them voluntarily. With no one backing down, the fight only goes on for hours until the three wolves finally collapsed in exhaustion. Blood coated their fur and grunts resounded around the dark woods, the silver wolf glared into the eyes of the two black and white wolves. Giving a glare that signaled the challenge had just begun before getting up slowly to limp back to its territory while the other two wolves got up and left the place with grudge and rage as well. Two parties were severely injured and in pain when the bystander smirked and disappeared into the dark again..

Hongbin grunted in pain as he dragged his feet towards the pack's den when suddenly a pair of legs in black slacks appeared before his eyes. He looked up and saw that annoying face of Ken smiling at him, he rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth before walking past him and trying to ignore the pain coming from all parts of his body and the blood dripping down his feet as he took every step towards the den. Ken smirked behind him and said 'That was quite impressive, fighting all out against two skillful and physically fit wolves and still being able to drag your bloody body all the way back here. Not bad..' Hongbin frowned as he heard his annoying voice mocking him nonchalantly. Soon, Hongbin disappeared into the pack's den and only Ken was left there enjoying the sight of the miserable wolf. He looked towards the small log wood house and let out a sinister smile.

Without any trouble, he was in the small clinic tip toeing towards the curtained up bed. He slid through the curtains and sat on the chair beside the bed. He let out a sigh and leaned his body towards the bed to look at the beautiful girl more closer. He smiled at her angelic face and put his hand onto her cheek to feel the soft and smooth sensation of her warm skin. He took a glance at her lips and thought back the night when the sad girl shared her kiss with him under the moonlight. That night was indeed the best night of his life he thought with a wide smile. He brushed his thumb on her lips and the sensation of it made him his lips.

He thought of how ridiculous it was when all those stupid wolves fought over her but at last, one still got to her but he got rid of his remains.. Too bad.. He just needs to sneek in when no one's around and find the right time when her mood's down or when she feels needy and he will get it. It was so easy to get to her but they are just too dumb, he felt sorry to let her have these stupid wolves to fight over her when it was actually so easy to get her. He chuckled and stood up of the chair slowly and lower himself until he was just a few inches above her face. He tilted his head and put his hand to cup her cheek and open her lips gently by pressing her chin with his thumb. He leaned in and covered her lips with his and started to caress her with his tongue, softly and gently. He did it as if she was a glass that can break at any moment, everything went smoothly and soundlessly.

After a few minutes of butterfly kisses, his body immediately started to go out of control. His hand on her face pulled her closer to him and his inner wolf was eating up his conscience. In any second, he's going to jump on her and just do it but he felt her gasp when his fingers dug too hard into her skin and he stopped immediately. He stared at the girl until her gorgeous frown disappeared and he let out a half hearted scoff. She is mesmerizing indeed. Now he finally understood why all males go wild just by looking at her. He laid a soft kiss onto her cheek and tidy her covers and clothes to dispose any evidence of an intruder. He sneaked out again and enable his scent to run free from his body, a thing that is impossible for any wolves to do unless they were like him. He smirked and walked back to the pack's den with satisfaction. He was just too smart for the others to cope with that's what makes him so different from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I frowned and opened my drowsy eyes slowly and saw a pair of eyes staring in mine innocently. I widened my eyes and bounced back on the bed with a yelp. 'Eek! Who are you!' His eyes widened too when he saw my shocking reaction, he took a step back and started to stutter 'I..i..' 'He's a new pack member. Han Sanghyuk..' i heard In Guk's voice behind me and I turned my head just to see In Guk with his arms folded across his broad chest with Jungkook beside him. I turned to look at the boy called Sanghyuk again and he smiled at me gleefully 'Nice to meet you! You can call me Hyuk!' I turned back to In Guk and frowned at him 'Why are you showing him to me?' Well, you know no one gets to see me from the pack but this one is too different. He was brought to me on his frst time joining the pack, not what In Guk would really do to new comers except that Hongbin was different it wasn't until this level either. 'He's going to report everything about you to me from today onwards. So..' I turned my whole body and sat up facing him 'You mean he's replacing Hongbin?' In Guk turned his gaze to me and kneeled down to look at me at my eye level 'Yes, so please be carefull and don't wander around anymore.'

My eyes widened and I questioned him 'Why? What makes Sanghyuk so caliber of being my guard? What makes it!' In Guk sighed and took a glance at Hyuk 'After what all the others did to you, i  have decided that i can't trust anyone of them and he is the only one left so please be a good..' 'What did Hongbin do to me that you had him replaced?!' Tears rolled down my cheeks and In Guk hissed softly 'Shh.. be good ok~ i'll get going now.' He stood up and stared at Hyuk and walked away with Jungkook, I lied down and covered my head with the covers and started to sob softly ignoring Hyuk's presence behind me. 'Are you alright? Please don't be sad..' i heard his bubbly voice now in front of me, i sniffed and stopped sobbing feeling angry for his sudden appearance in the pack. I uncovered myself and started questioning him 'Why did you come here?' He looked at me with a shocked expression and started to stutter again 'U..um..i..i' i covered myself again in frustration and i heard him calling himself dumb.

I frowned and peeked at him after pulling the covers down to my eyes 'Jeez, another jerk again. What a nuisance!' I heard JB grunt behind me and i turned to look at him ruffling his hair. He looked at me and smiled 'I would've been better as your guardian right?' I smiled at him shyly and turned back to Hyuk 'Where are you from?' He look at me and replied with a bright smile 'I'm from the pack next to yours. Not the pack with the alpha Leo, but the other side.' I nodded my head and continued 'Why are you here?' He trailed off for a bit and said 'Because i was tired of my pack so I thought I should change.' Great, a very dumb answer that make me regret asking for. I bit my lip and turned away from his dark blue eyes, 'Can you go out for a while? I don't like people around me while I'm resting.' He thought for a while and said 'Sure, I'll be just out there.' He got up from the chair and walked out the clinic. I let out a sigh and stared at the wooden floor sadly until I heard Jb's voice behind me again 'Hey, I suggest you replace that brat and choose me instead.' I turned around with a pout on my face and asked 'Do you have any idea where Hongbin is now?'  He stared at me for a few seconds and said 'Nah, I have no idea about that.. Tell me, what was it that made him so special?' I shrugged and nibbled my thumbnail 'I don't know either.. In Guk just instructed him to be with me all the time and protect me.' 

Jb scoffed and ruffled his hair again, I heard him whisper something under his breath but when I asked him to repeat his words, he gave me a smile and shook it off. I pulled the covers tighter to myself and closed my eyes, I felt a slight uneasiness in my heart. In my mind, I called out for the three boys that I have been hanging out with for my whole life. Right now, I really needed a hug and some comfort to help me stop my head from spinning in this chaos of misery. Please..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jb stared at the girl that was wrapped in the covers like a cocoon and smirked, he flashed back at the 'silver wolf' trudging back to the den with blood all over his body. At first, he thought the vampires attacked him but after he examined his wounds clearly and noticed that they were all wolf bites. Seeing the blood that oozed from the wound made him wonder who could have made such a tear on their pack's best fighter. It was amazing indeed. He wanted to bring him to the clinic but the 'silver wolf' insisted that they treat him here and never to let the girl know any of this. Left with no choice, Jb instructed BamBam to help get the wolf treated until he fully recovers. "One nuisance gone.." Jb thought until Han Sanghyuk suddenly appeared, his head immediately felt like bursting.

This girl was always just so out of his reach eventhough she's just in front of him.. so vulnerable and naive and beautiful and tempting. He took a deep breath and bit his lips with a sinister smile. He came towards the girl with a clipboard in his hand, he said 'Ok, now I have to take some tests to ensure you're so far so good. So, please lie facing the ceiling..' the girl stared at him with her dazzling eyes and followed his instructions. He smiled at her and placed the clipboard on the bed while he kept his gaze on her. He held her hand tightly and lift it to his lips, he felt the soft and smooth skin of her hand tingling his senses and he placed a soft kiss on it before putting it to his chest. He lowered himself and pinned the girl on the bed with his other hand. The girl stared at him with wide eyes while he stared at her with lust. Just a few inches away from her made him felt like he was living in a dream, he has never thought that this would happen to him in his whole life. This was his chance..

He whispered into the girl's ear softly 'Shh.. this will end in a moment. It will be over before you could even feel it..be good.' He let go of the girl's hand and pulled down the thin piece of cloth that blocked her neck. 'What are you doing? Get..away!' The girl struggled and he glared at her with his brown eyes. She frowned and stopped struggling, he sniffed the sweet scent of her skin and pressed his nose onto her making her cringe at his sudden touch. His warm breaths hit onto her smooth skin and her sweet scent swarmed into him making him jerk with excitement. Then, the girl started to struggle again 'Stop this! Please.. go away!' He pinned her hands onto the bed and parted his lips ready to taste her scent more deeply before he felt a hand grabbed him from behind and threw him to the ground. He grunted and glared at the guy standing in front of him with anger and disappointment.