Disappointment

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

'Trying to take advantage of my pet? Not so easy.' Ken said to Jb with a smile on his face and grabbed Jb by the collar before swinging a punch onto him. Jb crashed to the floor and Ken gave him another strong kick to the front. I heard him grunt and the sound of bones cracking followed after the kick. I gasped and put my hands to my mouth in shock when Ken wanted to give Jb another punch, Jr grabbed his hand from behind and threw a punch at Ken. Ken dodged the punch easily and raised his hand ready to repay him, I grabbed his arm in my hands and begged him to stop until he actually put his fist down and turned towards me. Jr helped Jb up and took him deeper into the small clinic. Before JB went into the other side of the clinic, he turned his head over his shoulder and took a glance at me before turning away and disappearing into the other side of the clinic. I gulped and cocooned myself tightly with the covers thinking about what had happened to me just now. I couldn't believe that JB would actually do such a thing to me, I felt betrayed and shocked.

'You fine, bae?' Ken sat down on the chair beside me and stared at me with his signature smirk. I stared back at him and said 'Thanks for coming at the right time. What he did just now just reminded me of 'him'' I hugged my knees together and shivered at the awful memory of that unforgettable night. Ken frowned and said 'Amazing! It is the first time you thanked me! I'm grateful for it..' I thought for a while and noticed something missing 'Did you see the new pack member outside?' Why was it Ken that came in and not Hyuk? Wasn't he supposed to be out there? Ken let out a wide smile and said 'Well.. I got rid of him, sorry.' I stared at him dazely and said 'What did you do to him?' Ken scratched his forehead and replied 'I asked him to go find some mushrooms in the woods saying that you love them and so he went and didn't come back until now.'

Mushrooms? I hate them! I frowned and said 'How could you do that? That's so bad of you! Go get him back!' I started to hit him and he suddenly grabbed my hand, he pulled me to him so hardly that it made me jerk back in shock 'What's wrong? Afraid that 'white wolf' and 'black wolf' will misunderstand something? Hmmn?' I snatched my hand away from his and yelled at him 'That's not true! He's going  to be in trouble if In Guk doesn't sees him here! Go get him back!' Ken looked a little agitated and got up from the chair 'Too bad my body says its too lazy to do so..sorry bae!' After that, he went out leaving me dumbfounded in the room. What! How could he? I look towards the other side of the clinic and smelt Jb's scent flowing into my nose mangled with some ointment that made a weird combination. My heartbeat started to rise as I realized I was now alone with two other wolves where one tried to take advantage of me just now. I knew I shouldnt have made Ken leave me alone, I hide under my covers until the door opened and in came Hyuk who was covered in dirt. 

'Yura!! Here's some of your favourites!!' Hyuk lifted a basket filled with mushrooms to my face and said in a cheerful tone. I pinched my nose and turned away from the basket before pushing the basket away with my hand 'Thanks.. you can just.. leave it at the corner over there.' He smiled at me and put the basket to where I pointed and came back to me. He sat on the chair and ducked his head towards me, I jerked back and stared at him 'What're you doing?'   I saw his nose twitch and he frowned at me 'You smell..different.' I thought of the incident earlier and gasped, he stared at me with quizzical eyes and said 'Did something wrong happen?' I shook my head and denied it until he finally let me out of the hook, I let out a relieved sigh and started a small chat with him until the sunlight from the window started to get dimmer and dimmer and he got up from his chair, stretching his back, he said 'Look's like it's getting dark now.. I better get going. Well, see you tomorrow then!' I stopped him immediately before he could take a step away from the bed 'No, wait! Can you stay here for the night?' He stared at me with his big round eyes and said 'But..' I held his hands tightly and begged him with a pout 'Please~' I saw him blushing and he frowned at me 'Ok..'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the sleeping girl and a smile break out from my face. It wasn't such a bad idea coming to this pack after all, as soon as I joined them, I'm having the luxury of staying with the alpha's sister, a true angel. I sniffed the air and smelt the scent of the guy named Jb linger on her, it was evident and obvious of what happened just now. I thought back when Ken met me outside this small clinic earlier and forcefully dragged me into the woods to get rid of me for trying to ruin his beautiful love life. I scoffed at him and said 'Looks like there's still no one that knows the little secret you're hiding from them. I wonder what will happen if I exposed you in front of them?' He gritted his teeth and his eyes finally turned into what it should actually be like, hazel at one and bloody red at the other. I bared my fangs and snarled at him before we hear the girl's whimper and his expression changed immediately.

He glared at me with his glowing hazel eyes again before calling me to get some mushrooms and started running towards the direction of the small clinic. I stood there dumbfounded thinkng about how much the girl had changed him, he was cold and always alone when he was still a kid until he ran away from the mansion one day and lived with these wolves. I always thought of the reason of why he came to them and left us but one day, I finally found my answer. It was said that the alpha of this pack had a sister but for a particular reason, no one has ever seen her and  everyone was prohibited to even look at her. Now, sitting in front of this girl, I finally understand the reason why Ken left us and why everyone was prohibited to even look at her. She was dazzling and extraodinary indeed. I turned my gaze from her angelic face to her neck and stared at it longingly. I smacked my lips thinking of how this angel's blood will taste like and leaned closer to smell her sweet scent. It was so mesmerizing.

'Stop.. please..' I continued staring at her as she muttered these words in her sleep. Is she having a bad dream? A frown appeared on her face and tears rolled down from the corner of her eyes slowly, she opened her sparkling blue eyes and stared at me. I jerked back in shock of her suddenly waking up from her nightmare when I'm leaning so close to her. She started to sob while she stared at me with those sad eyes, I crept my hand closer to hers and held them tightly. Her grip on my hand tightened as she closed her eyes that are still flowing with tears and continued to sob, I frowned at this sticky situation. I wiped the tears out of her rosy cheeks with my other hand and miraculously, she stopped sobbing and fell back to deep sleep. I let out a sigh and wondered about the nightmare that made her cry so pitifuly. Stop? Please? I wonder what could that awful nightmare be for her to say these words? 

 I turned my gaze to our hands that locked tightly together and felt my cheeks burning up. I tried to take my hand away from hers but everytime I pushed her away, she would let out a soft whimper and make my heart melt. I gave up and just held her elegant hand in mine until dawn rises and I finally fall asleep.

I opened my eyes when I felt a nudge on my hand. Slowly, I turned my head and saw the girl figuring out how to entangle our hands that locked tightly together. She released my hand but I kept my grip on hers making her struggle to pull her hand out carefuly. I smiled when I heard her talk to herself 'Oh no..Did I do it again? How am I supposed to get it out?' I sat up and released my grip on her. She turned to look at me with a shocked expression. 'I'm sorry, did I wake you?' She asked me shyly when I let out a yawn and stretched my arms. 'Nah, I woke up on my own. I'm sorry I..' I pointed at her hand and she let out a soft smile 'It's alright, I do this often in my sleep I apologise if it made you uncomfortable.' She does this often? How does she knows that when she's asleep? I frowned at her and said 'How do you know that you do it often when you were asleep?' she let out a small laugh and replied 'Hongbin will always complain about me holding his hand so hard that it felt like I was going to crush it. But, did I hold you as hard as he said I did?' 

I stared at her and said 'No, you would start to cry if I take my hand an inch away from yours, that's all.' I saw her blush and it was just so adorable that I wanted to pull her into my embrace and make her mine immediately. 'By the way, who's this Hongbin?' She was talking about him by the time I got here and she actually cried when she knew this Hongbin will be replaced by me and most importantly, why is Hongbin by her side when she goes to sleep? Does the alpha know about this? She turned her gaze to her fingers and said 'He's a member of the pack; allowed to stay with me and protect me like you are now, and he was In Guk's favourite follower. He even ranks a higher rank than any other wolves in the pack which makes him quite special and hateful to the pack members.' I nodded while thinking of this mysterious guy that can have such an advantage among the whole pack. 

I gave her a smile and got up from the chair 'I'm going to get you your breakfast alright? Wait here and I'll be back in a jiffy.' A terrified look flashed through her face as soon as I finished my sentence but still, she squeezed out a small smile and let me go. I turned around and went out of the small clinic, immediately, Ken's figure appeared before me. I gave him a smirk and walked past him avoiding any lousy chats so I could get the girl her breakfast and return to her as soon as possible but Ken grabbed me by the arm and turned me to him. I glared at him and he growled 'Why did you come here? What is it that you want?' I gave him a pathetic look and said 'I'm sure you know what it is that I want.' He frowned and said through gritted teeth 'Destroy the pack?' I let out a smirk and replied him 'It was, last time.. but not anymore, I want something that is precious to you for myself this time.' I left him to figure it out by himself as I continued my job to get the girl her breakfast. I chuckled thinking of how funny his expression of despair looked when I told him my "new" motive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I glanced around me and smelt Jr's scent coming closer and closer to me. I hugged my knees closely to myself and saw him walk towards me with a clipboard in his hand. He gave me a troubled and awkward look and said 'Umm..you can go by today. Your records are fine so be more careful and don't let any of these happen again, got that?' I stared at him and he frowned at me with his cheeks getting reder and reder every second. 'Jeez..' he turned away and left me by myself again. I continued to watch him until he is totally out of sight. Then, the door clicked and Hyuk came in with a tray topped with a bowl and a mug in his hands. Wait, didn't he went out three or four minutes ago? 'Yura!! Your porridge is here!' He gave me a big smile and put the tray on the table attached to the bed. I gave him an appreciative smile and thanked him before gulping down the delicious bowl of porridge.

I drank some soup and turned to him 'Do you want to try some? Sojin's a great cook.' He shook his head and said 'No thanks, you can have it all by yourself.' I frowned at him and continued 'You're not confident in Sojin's food?' He widened his eyes in shock and stuttered 'Yo..you want me to..drink from here?' I gave him a big nod and shoved the mug in front of him, he held the mug and I stared at him with anticipation. He took a sip and passed the mug back to me, 'Isn't it delicious?' I took a gulp after he passed it back to me, he gave me a half-hearted smile and said 'Yeah..it's nice.' I studied him closely and touched his face 'Are you alright? Your cheeks are red.' He jerked back and slowly pushed my hand away 'Yeah..I'm fine.'

He gave me a smile and I recalled the good news earlier 'Oh, Jr said I could leave this place by today! I'm so excited!' His eyes brightened and said 'Really? That's good to hear!' 'Where should we hang out later?' I said with a gleeful tone 'I'm not sure but you want to hang out so soon?' He let out a frown and thought for a while. 'Why not? But I'm going to look for Hongbin later, so I hope you could accompany me along the way..' he stared at me for a while and give out a bright smile 'Sure! I would like to meet him too!' I held his hands in mine and squealed happily. Looks like Hyuk wasn't that bad after all..