Momentary Transfer

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

I stretched my arms under the warm embrace of the rising sun and rejoiced the sweet music of the chirping birds outside the log wood house. The cool breeze caressing my face and pushing my hair back gently. Today will be an amazing day for a run. I inhaled a few deep breaths of fresh air before heading back into the house again. I greeted Sojin with a hug at the kitchen and took a carrot from the fridge, cutting it swiftly into tiny cubes. I head upstairs towards my room and poured the cubes into the box for my black bunny. He hopped towards it without any hurry and started munching on them. I slide my fingers across its soft fur and smiled. After it finished the last cube in the box, I took it out from its box and head to the open in front of the house. I placed it on the grass and observed it as it sniffed around and hopped freely. I followed it as it head towards the woods where pine trees that soared through the skies surround us. I heard a slight shuffel behind some bushes and saw Yeonny lift his furry head and flicked his ears towards the sound. Then, the sound came again.

I kneeled down beside the bushes and ran my hands around it. I felt a warm silky thing as I placed my hand to the corner of the bushes. Slowly, I lifted the object and a red bunny appeared in my hands. I widened my eyes in shock and squealed happily as I inspected the bunny in my hands. It had this beautiful red fur and a pair of sparkling beady eyes that makes me want to cuddle it tightly. I placed it in front of Yeonny and saw his nose twitch before he took a hop towards the red bunny. The red bunny hesitated for a while and took a hop away from him, I placed my hands to my mouth as I observed their adorable interaction. Could it be a girl? I took the red bunny up and apologized to it before inspecting its gender, I nodded knowingly when I saw that it was a girl. No wonder Yeonny was trying to get her to open up, what a bad boy. I cradled the two bunnies in my arms and took them back to the house. I placed them on the lush green grass and observed them a little longer 'Didn't know my princess has pets.' I turned my gaze up and saw Hongbin staring at me with a smile on his face.

I pointed towards Yeonny and said 'N gave him to me, and this here, I found her just now.' he cocked an eyebrow and I can see a slight jealousy flashed through his eyes. He sat down beside me with his eyes still staring at the black bunny 'What's his name?' 'Yeonny!' the black bunny flicked his ear when he heard his name being called. 'Why?' 'Because N's actual name is Hak Yeon so I named him Yeonny!' I carried the bunny in my hands and placed a kiss on its cheek. I look at Hongbin and saw his eyes glaring at the bunny, I placed Yeonny back to the ground and heard a voice call from the distance. 'Beta Hongbin!' Hongbin shot his head up and said 'I gotta go, see you later.' he gave me a warm gaze before running towards the pack member. I let out a long sigh and turned my gaze back to the bunnies again, Yeonny followed the red bunny where ever she went while the red bunny kept on playing hard to get by hopping away from him. Geez~ bunny love.. What should I do with her? What if they.. No, I can't let that happen, is it too cruel to put them in different boxes? Can they smell each other's scent? Gosh.. or should I..

******

I cradled the red bunny in my arms as I head towards the other side of the territory. It's a Tuesday morning so I'm expecting for N to show up because Tuesday's like a regular meet up day for us. Therefore, he never dissapoints me and will always show up. I stood under a thick pine tree that might have been there longer than my time on this wonderful world and waited patiently for him. I ruffled through the bunny's silky fur with my fingers until I felt arms that encircled my waist tightly, pulling me into a warm embrace. I turned around and smiled at him 'N-nie! Look what I've got!' He smiled at me brightly before turning his gaze to my arms 'Who's this?' 'I found her in the woods just now.' 'Really? Its adorable, you should keep it with the one I gave you. I'm sure they'll make good friends.' I gave him a shrug and said in a sad tone 'I can't, she's a female and Yeonny is a male. I don't want to wake up one day seeing little bunnies.' He stared at me blankly and released my waist, he took the bunny from my arms and held it to the air 'Are you giving her to me?' I bit my nail and nodded my head 'Can you..' 'Sure!' He said gleefully as he held the bunny close to his chest 'You named the black one Yeonny?' He questioned me with a smile on his face 'Yeah.' 'Then I'll name her Yu-ie!' 'Hey, that's weird..' 'No it's not, I love it! She's mine!' 'Whatever.' I said in defeat. He pulled me into his arms and gave me a peck on the cheek.

I started to giggle when he tickled me in his arms 'Hey, be careful with the bunny!' I said as I fought hard to hold back my giggling voice 'No worries, she's safe as long as she's with me. You should be the one to be carefull.' He tickled me as he whispered into my ear mischievously. While we were still quarelling and giggling, we heard a howl sound through the forest. 'It's Hongbin, I gotta go! See you, N-nie.' I escaped from his arms as soon as he loosened his hold on me. I flashed him one last smile over my shoulder before running back to my pack. I arrived at my pack and saw In Guk, Hongbin, Sojin and a few other pack members turn their gaze towards me. I flinched a little at the serious looks on their face, my gut  feeling telling me that this is not good. 'Yura, you have to leave the pack momentarily.' I heard In Guk say out of the blue. 'Wh..what?!' I stared at him with my eyes wide. 'Why? It's just so out of the blue, I mean..' In Guk held my shoulders tightly and stared into my eyes 'It's just for your  safety and it will be momentarily because the Blood Rose Pack's Alpha, Sehun. Is coming for a sudden visit.' I saw a flash of sorrow in his silver-blue eyes as he told me the reason. Wait! Did he say rose?

I thought of the mysterious man I met yesterday and brought back the rosy scent from my memory. I gulped and turned my gaze away from his, feeling guilty for wandering out of the territory. 'He's right sweetie, it will be just a while please don't complain, ok?' Sojin hugged me tightly and whispered into my ear with her shaky voice. 'But where am I staying then?' Everybody stared at me and I heard In Guk let out a long sigh 'You'll be staying at the White Pack, Ken will accompany you there as your FALSE mate.' I bit my lip to hold my laughter when I heard In Guk emphasize the word 'FALSE' so clearly while glaring at Ken. Ken nodded his head gleefully as he gave me his sly smirk. 'May I know why is it so serious that I had to leave?' I asked innocently making everyone turn their gazes towards me speechlessly. 'The Blood Rose pack, in short, Rose pack has a very violent and vicious alpha. He has killed both his parents in order to obtain the title alpha and killed the beta who has served the pack for a long time just because he didn't approve any of his doings. He's also known as a womanizer, all the females in his pack are practically his mate. To be short, he's useless, cruel and vicious.' In Guk said with a disgusted look on his face. 

I gulped and dropped my gaze to the ground, my eyes flickering restlessly. I held my hands together and my fingers started fiddling with each other 'Yura, is something wrong?' 'Wh..what?' I shot my head up when I heard Hongbin questioned me. His eyes eyeing me closely as if he was trying to make me pour the things I'm hiding. 'Well, I'm fine..nothing's wrong.' 'Really?' He cocked an eyebrow and his silver eyes pierced at me, I couldn't stand it anymore 'I guess I bumped into him yesterday..'

Silence.silence.silence.. 'Ha..' I heard Ken let out a chuckle and I turned my gaze to him, he was covering his mouth with the back of his hand and his mischievous gaze was on me. I blushed and turned away 'What do you mean you 'bumped' into him? How did you even 'bump' into him?' In Guk took a step towards me and I could feel his alpha-dominance overpowering me. 'I..I accidentally wandered out of the territory..again.' 'You!' Before In Guk could yell the daylights out of me, Sojin came to my rescue. 'Shh..calm down. Yura, tell us everything about it.' I told them about my weird encounter and all of them let out a very dissapointed look when I finished my story. 'Damn.. Don't worry, we'll take care of it. Ken leave with her right away and never let a single finger touch her. Do whatever you want to protect her, got that?' Ken let out a bright smile and In Guk frowned 'I correct, do whatever you can to protect her. Got that?' Ken gave him a defeated nod and In Guk turned away in satisfaction. 

'Yura, take care and be extremely careful ok? Don't get too close with the others, understand?' Hongbin held my hands tightly and said, worry flowing in his silver eyes 'I will. Don't worry, beta.' I gave him a bright smile and he smiled back pulling me into a bone crushing hug 'I will commit suicide if I lose you, remember?' I giggled and felt a hand pulled me away from him. 'She's mine from now on. Say goodbye, my mate..' Ken took my hand and started to drag me into the woods.

We walked in the woods quietly until we were maybe a couple of miles from the house. Ken turned towards me and grinned 'I guess we have to pick up the pace bae. I suggest you take a nap..' his gaze pierced through mine and I felt my eyes started to go drowsy until I black out. My body being lifted from the ground swiftly and gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N

I stood by the alpha as I listened to Ken talk about the visit of the Blood Rose alpha to their pack later this evening. He held out their alpha's letter about the momentary transfer and Leo unfolded it, reading it quickly and accepting the request. 'Fine, now let N take you to your room.' Leo said to Ken with his usual cold expression on his face. 'There's no need the trouble, alpha. I stay with the girl.' Both of us turned towards the men with the annoying smirk on his face 'No, you can't.' Leo said before turning his head away ready to head out of the office 'Oh yes I can. Did you not read the letter clearly? Alpha Leo.. I'm her mate as long as we live here and no one's to lay a finger on her. Aren't I right?' I frowned and saw Leo re-read the letter again, his eyes scanning through it fiercely until it stopped at the bottom of the letter. He glared at the outsider and said before leaving the office 'N take care of this.' I bowed slightly and replied 'Yes..' my immature little brother, always running away from this small hurdles. I turned my glare towards Ken and he gave me a shrug.

'I will have our pack prepare another bed later, you'll be sleeping on that. Stay away from the girl.' I glared at him and walked out of the office. I saw Leo's back facing me as soon as I step out of the door. His muscles flexing while his hands are clenched into tight balls. A low growl erupt from him and I peeked over his shoulder to see what had upset him so much. 

The only girl in the pack that had just arrived was 'chatting' with our extremely excited pack members. The males stared at the girl with wide smiles as the girl stood in front of them self-introducing herself innocently. Before Leo could get to them, Ken was a step faster. He walked past us swiftly and drapped his arm over the girl's shoulder. His arrogant actions made the fire inside me boil so fiercely I ought to murder him immediately.

Leo walked towards the pack and gave them a fierce glare, forcing them to drop their heads and walk away. I walked towards the girl and greeted her with a bright smile, she instantly wrapped her arms around my waist making the whole pack stare at us in jealousy. She smiled at me brightly and I ruffled her beautiful red curls with my hand. My skin electrifying on the touch of this breathtaking girl, her sweet scent urged my wolf to mark her immediately. While we were having our sweet time, a hand dragged the girl away from me. I turned my gaze to the culprit and it was Leo. He gave me a glare and linked his mind to me 'Don't do that.' Before turning back to the girl.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists, pressing down my raging anger while I continued to put on my fake smile. Since this is just the first day of the transfer, I'm not worried at all. I still have a few more days with her, now that she is just so close to me, it's not a problem at all.