Blood Rose

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

'Are you going to tell my brother about it?' I'm sure they aren't rouges as soon as I smelt that sweet scent of rose linger on them. When I was young, I was thought that every pack has its own particular scent implanted onto each member's body. However, if the pack member was disowned or rejected, he or she will lose that scent automatically. 'Yes.' he took a glance at me and I saw his gaze slide down my body, he blushed. He turned his head back towards the road and silence flowed between us again.

I thought about what he said at the mall and turned back to him 'Are you going to tell him about that too?' I saw him gulp and a frown appeared on his forehead 'Yes.' I gave him a sad look and pitied him for having such an "amazing" alpha. 'Don't make any contact with those guys ever again.' Is he talking to me? 'Just stay from them and stop wandering out the territory, got that?' He's never talked to me voluntarily before, I stared at him with wide eyes and heard him grunt in annoyance 'Answer me, got that?' he took a glance at me and I gave him a nod 'Yes..' but my heart says the opposite.

We arrived back at the pack after a two hour drive and Jungkook got out of the car before carrying the things we bought from the market to the pack den while I helped him with the lighter ones. I placed the bags outside the pack den and heard a voice yell my name from behind 'Yura!' I turned around and saw Hongbin running to me. A deep frown was on his forehead and his glare was pinning onto me, he must be dissapointed that I went out without him. He came towards me and the first thing he said was 'Why did you left without telling me?' I shrugged my shoulders and replied 'You were busy then, and I didn't want to disturb you.' I saw his angry face soften and his tensed body relaxed as soon as I explained my reason. He pulled me into his muscular arms and a low growl erupt from him 'Don't do that again, what if I lose you? I will commit suicide.' I punched his chest and pushed him away 'Don't say things like that!' he chuckled and pinched my cheek making me smack him again.

After that, Hongbin and Jungkook went to meet In Guk to talk about the werewolves we met this morning. Then, I was left alone again. I skipped around the woods and went deeper and deeper until my eyes met up with ivy green ones. Before me stood a man with saddle brown hair and a nice build up body. The man stared at me with a gentle smile so gentle that it felt strange for a stranger. I let out a frown and stared at him until he parted his lips to speak 'Nice to meet you, I suppose you've lost your track..' I cocked my eyebrow and realized that I have did it again, I wandered out of the territory, again. I put my hands to my mouth and bowed to the man in front of me 'I..I'm so sorry I tresspassed, I..' I paused for a second and thought, what should I do now? Should I ask him to spare my life? Or should I say I'm sorry and walk off? Suddenly, numerous wolf growls surround me snapping me out of my trans. I snapped my head up and saw six wolves surround me with their fangs bared threateningly.

One wolf snapped at me while another snarled, I frowned and felt my wolf starting to get impatient with their attitude towards me. She fought to be let out but I kept her in, my stubborness kicking in again. I gave them a death glare and they flinched a little, no matter what, I am an alpha's sister. All my ancestors were alphas, so it was not a surprise to have this power that make others obey me.

In the midst of the growls, I heard a female voice and turned towards the sound 'Should we kill her..' I saw a beautiful woman with long straight chocolate hair drapping down her shoulders talk to the man with ivy green eyes. She was dazzling and beautiful, I'm sure every male will fall for her head over heels. Her orange pupils sparkled under the bright sunlight making them gleam mesmerizingly, but there was a shade of evil that glowered in them making me feel a little uneasy. The man beside her held up his hand and I turned my gaze towards him. He stared at me with his gentle smile and put his index finger to his lips 'Shh..' the wolves around me stopped their growling and turned to him, confused. I frowned at him and tensed my shoulders, he must be the beta or even the pack alpha, seeing him control the wolves so easily just made me sure of my hypothesis.

He walked towards me slowly and I let a low growl erupt from my throat, warning him to stay away. 'I'm so sorry if I frightened you' he held his hands to the air in submission and stopped 'but please believe me, that I'm not going to hurt you.' I frowned at him, still doubting his apology, I took a glance at the wolves around me. Immediately, he noticed my doubt and signalled his wolves to move away. The wolves ducked their heads and willingly gathered around the woman behind him. I turned my glare back to him and my nose picked up a scent; plain and mesmerizing, the smell of a fresh red rose. I was stunned when I picked up the scent, Jungkook warned me to stay away from them and yet, I'm standing in their territory having a tense meeting with their beta or even alpha. I slapped my head in my mind, this must be my fate. My dumb, dumb, SH**TY!!! fate.. I wondered what the goddess have for me next, thanks.a.lot!

I gritted my teeth and said 'I apologize if I..'  I stoped my sentence when I saw the man in front of me gave me the 'stop' sign with his hand 'No apologies..you may leave.' I frowned and heard the woman behind him say something but he stopped her by turning to stare at her. I gave him a nod and turned away 'I hope our next meeting will be in a more calm and controlled situation..Hope we meet again.' I heard him say behind me as I turned my head over my shoulder to give him one last stare before transforming into my wolf, running back into the woods again. I got to get back as soon as possible, if not, the outcome from In Guk or Hongbin is going to be awful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the Blood Rose pack:

~~A few hours before the incident~~

'Hey, that girl with Jungkook just now is top of the list!' exclaimed a boy with a bright smile on his face 'Yeah, do you think she's actually owned?' another one asked with his knuckles to his chin 'I can guarantee that she is still unmarked yet.' the third one say with a sly smirk on his face 'How can you be so sure of that?' the fourth one asked after smacking his hand onto his friends shoulder. The boy let out a sinister laugh and said 'I had my hand on her before Jungkook pushed it away and that feeling..' he cocked his eyebrow and stared at his hand 'was amazing..' The others grunted and cursed at his luckiness to touch the girl until a threatening presence neared them. The four of them stared at each other in fear and linked their minds together praying for the same thing 'I hope he didn't overhear it!' Suddenly, the boy that touched the girl felt a strong grasp on his hand and his hand breaked within a second. The other three watched in fear as blood started to spurt from his wound where the bone protruded out of the skin; his hand twisted at an awkward angle. 

The culprit stared at the other three with his ivy green eyes and said 'My office.' the three boys turned their gaze down and replied with their shaky voices 'Yes.' They helped the bleeding boy to the pack doctor and went to meet with their cruel alpha immediately. One of them hesitated to knock on the door but the other two pushed him and he finally placed two heavy knocks onto the wooden door. 'Come in.' They walked into the big office with their hearts hammering onto their chests as they saw their alpha sitting behind his desk with his 'toy' on his lap. He smiled at them and pushed the girl on his lap away making her stumble a few steps before standing up properly 'Tell me about what you saw today. In detail..' he tapped his fingers on his desk and pulled the girl back into his arms, smashing his lips onto hers making her moan in excitement.

Without any delay, the three boys started telling their alpha about the girl they saw at the mall with their ex-pack member Jungkook this morning. Their alpha stopped kissing the girl as soon as they started to describe her long red curls, crystal blue eyes and her angelic face; to be short, she's an angel. The alpha frowned and thought, 'Is it a new pack member? Or is she the alpha's mate? There couldn't be anymore females in that pack so far in his knowledge. Well, no matter what, he's going to try lingering around the outskirts of his territory today and try to stumble upon this so called angel. Only if it's true..'

Satisfied with their story, he said, 'Dismiss!' the three boys scurried off immediatly after hearing the delightful words from their cruel alpha. The alpha turned back to the girl on his lap and threw her to the floor. He got up and walked out the office until he met eyes with another female from his pack. He grabbed the girl and pulled her into his arms, the girl gave him a smirk and he smashed his lips onto hers. The girl screamed in agony and pushed him away, blood flowing from her lips profusely. He gave her a scoff and walked off, spitting out the girl's blood when he bit a chunk out of her lips earlier. He made his way to the outskirts of his territory and waited patiently for the "angel".

After a few hours when he started to get impatient, he smelt a sweet scent of honey and berries flowed into his nostrils. Could this be the girl's scent? He expected to stumble upon her maybe within a week, within a couple of weeks or within a month or.. he thought for a while and said to himself 'Or I'll just kill those three wolves in my pack.' He giggled softly at the thought and calmed himself when the scent came closer to him. He let out his signature smile when he saw the girl he was anticipating come towards him with her eyes on the ground. She stopped in her tracks and lifted her face only to meet his eyes. He felt his heart skip a beat when the girl stared at him with her crystal blue eyes. She was like a girl that came out from a fairy tale, so breathtaking.. He heard the girl said something but his mind couldn't register any of her words right now, even her voice is just as sweet as her scent, so amusing..

Then, his wolves suddenly came out of no where and surround the girl, immediately breaking the magical moment he was having with her. He saw his wolves snarl and growled at her viciously but she just stood there without begging for help or screaming at the top of her lungs 'She's tough.' he thought as he studied her actions, she let out a glare and it was the most threatening glare he has ever seen in any female in his life. He felt his heart hammering onto his chest as he stared at the girl with admiring and lustfull eyes. 'Should we kill her..' when he heard that sentence rang beside his ear, he wanted to break the speaker's neck immediately, but to obtain her, he held in his anger. He silenced his pack and walked closer to her as she glared at him with those threatening eyes, he was already getting excited by her vicious glare. She tried to apologise but he stopped her so that a good impression of him will be imprinted onto her mind. He let her leave although his heart itched to catch her immediately, she transformed into a beautiful red wolf and ran back into the woods. It was heartbreaking to see her leave.

That night, he punished all the wolves that have ruined his first meeting with the girl and especially the one that suggested to kill her. He had her whipped fifty times and no food for a week and also, a few broken bones to heal on their own. Satisfied, he lied on his bed twisting and turning as he thought about the girl he met today. 'Mine.. She's mine..' he repeated thousands of times in his mind until he fell asleep with a smirk on his face.