New Playmate

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

I dashed through the dense forest as my red silky coat swept pass the green bushes. The warm afternoon breeze seeped into my fur telling me that spring is finally arriving. I in the fresh forest air and strolled up to the clear stream where my secret place lies. Laps of cold water flowed down my throat to quench my thirst until a tiger butterfly caught my attention. I jumped and leaped to catch it, but as it flew higher, it got out of my reach.

I laid down and started to wriggle my body on the lush green grass as my scent radiated through the calm air. I let out a sigh and laid still like a red furball on the ground. A raven on the tree plucked its black feathers busily until it turned its head towards a direction. My ears flicked to the side, piqued by its sudden attention ahead. After a couple of seconds, it flew away, having me stare at the empty branch, dazed.

'Why did it fly away?' I thought in my mind until a branch clicked behind me. I bounced up from the ground and surveyed my surroundings. Looking around, my ears scanned at different directions until the click sounded again.

I growled towards the direction of the brushes 10 ft away from me when it started to rattle. A black figure started to emerge and my heart pounded more frantically. When the figure stepped out from the shadows, I went into defence mode. I let out a low growl as two gleaming gold eyes stared back at mine.

It was big, bigger than me but not fully grown yet. It was a black male wolf. Male wolves are higher in rank than females, so females don't stand a chance in defeating them. It was mutual respect for the female to submit first. I knew I was in trouble, but I'm not going to back down so easily. I glared at him with my fangs bared threateningly but he just stared at me with confusion. 'What is he thinking?'

He walked towards me and I gasped at his good looking features. His midnight black coat reflected the afternoon sun radiantly and his golden eyes shined brilliantly contrasting his sleek black fur. He was stunning, looking at him made me feel embarrassed. He suddenly got down into a playing stance with his hips facing upwards and his front legs bent on the ground, I paused and cocked my head to the side.

He swayed his tail slowly from side to side as I continued to stand my ground. What if it's a trap? I'm not going to fall for it so easily, no way. He jumped to my side from left to right then from right to left, he nudged me by the hips and it caught me off guard. I tried to avoid him but he was too agile. He jumped on me suddenly and nibbed me. Annoyed, I turned around and chased him. We rolled on the ground, tumbling onto each other as we chased each other's tail.

Suddenly, a strong impact by my side made me fall hard on the solid ground. I winced in pain as I turned my gaze up, its not the black wolf anymore, this one was pure white with the same golden eyes, he was the same size as well. I was dumbfounded, one minute i was playing and the other I was pinned down by a stranger.

I just stayed as still as I could because he could kill me anytime with a bite to the throat, by then my pack will find my bones laying scattered in the woods. What a nightmare.

He sniffed me and locked my gaze with his. I glared at him making him glare back furiously. He growled and I let out a loud snarl. He held my glare, waiting for me to submit; stubborn, I let out a low growl spiking no intentions to back down and continued to challenge him.

While we were still having a dominance battle, the black wolf came to our side. He the white wolf's cheek and the white wolf turned his head to snap at him. Rage and dominance reeked through the air. The black wolf glared back and it was the most threatening glare i've ever seen. It was like when In Guk was teaching the pack a lesson with his death glare.

After that glare, the white wolf finally got off me reluctantly. I got up and got back into a defense stance. The two wolves started to change in front of me. I turned around embarrassed by their sudden action. If I was a human right now, I would be blushing like a tomato. I heard the sound of bush rustling and the sounds of zippers zipping up until a soft voice rang out from behind 'You can turn around now.'

I turned around and find two boys standing in front me, one had a fair complexion with eyes that sland upwards with a very, very cold expression while the other is a little tan and had bigger rounder eyes, a warm smile stayed on his face the whole time he kept his eyes on me.

They were half , displaying their lean bodies under the dim sunlight. I had to turn my gaze up to look at them as they both stood tall. 'Come on, you change too. We can have a talk.' The 'black wolf' said as I turned to look at my red coat and realization came to him immediately. After covering my body with a towel, they turned around and gave me some privacy as I changed.

I wrapped the towel around me tightly and spoke up in a small whisper 'Im done.' They turned around at the same time and stared at me weirdly, it was awkward. I blushed a little because I was still new to talking to strangers that are not from my pack, moreover they're males too. 

In Guk wouldn't let me talk or play with the males in our pack. I still remember a male wolf, Jr. That used to be my friend and play with me since i was small, until one day when we were having fun. He mounted on me playfully and was pinned down by In Guk for trying to dominate me, COME ON!?

That was just play, he wasn't trying to do anything. And after that, he wouldn't even look at me, and there goes my last friend. Now my only friend in the pack is Hyeri, my cousin. The other female wolves were avoiding me because of jealousy and the male wolves were avoiding me because of their scary alpha. So i never get to talk to anyone, not to mention a stranger and even more a male.

'What are you doing out here?' The 'white wolf' asked me with his cold expression, i shrugged and said 'This is where i hang out everyday, i should be the one asking you that question. What are you two doing here?' They looked at each other and cast their eyes on me 'We were just wandering around. You shoudn't hang out here you know, you're way out of your territory.' The 'black wolf' said pointing ahead, I shrugged again and continued 'Why didn't you try to kill me?' I stared at them with a frown on my forehead 'You are lucky you met us, if not you'll be dead by now.' The 'white wolf' said mockingly making me roll my eyes.

'Anyway, we're just looking for someone to hang out with. And you look like you're alone, so..how about we be friends?' The 'black wolf' held out his hand and smiled. I turned to look at the other wolf and scoffed 'What he did didn't look like he wants to be friends.' I rolled my eyes at him while he watched me in disbelief, I felt his body tense and the dominant aura he was giving out rippled through the air 'I was just kidding.' He said with a stern look on his face, I turned my head away and continued 'Unless he apologizes.' 'What!?' I heard his high pitch voice say in total disbelief as I rolled my eyes, smiling inwardly.

'Im sorry.' I stared at him with my eyes wide open. Wow, that's a first, he must be lonely in his pack, poor guy. 'So, can we?' The 'black wolf' held out his hand again and I reached out to shake it. His face beamed and he suddenly attempted to pull me into a hug, I put my hand in front of him and kept him from doing anything stupid. He stopped and smiled at me from ear to ear making me giggle at his adorable face. 'Hey, what about me?'

The other wolf said with a pout on his face, he came towards me and took my hand to his lips. He kissed the back of my hand and my cheeks felt like it was on fire. He turned his gaze to stare at mine and he gave me the most angelic smile I have ever seen. My heart skipped a beat mesmerized by his smile, I took my hand away and cleared my throat, recovering from the shock.

'Oh, my name is N and he is Leo. We're both 15.' The 'black wolf'said..I mean N, 'What about you?' I cleared my throat again and replied 'My name is Yura. Im 14.' They both nodded and scanned me from head to toe. Then, a sudden howl rang through the forest and I recognized it as In Guk's. I grunted and turned towards them 'Hey, i gotta go now. So how are we going to meet again?' 'You can come back here tomorrow, we'll make this our meeting point.' Leo said with his poker face again, i nodded and changed before taking off immediately.

*********

'She's fearless.' Leo said towards the direction where the red wolf had left. He took in a deep breath and inhaled the sweet scent of her skin into his lungs. N stared into the woods with longing eyes as his skin tingled from the touch of her hand. 'Yup, and she is beautiful too.' N said with a smirk on his face and beamed 'Looks like we've finally made a new friend.' Leo let out a sigh and started to walk towards the opposite side towards their territory.