Freedom

Wolf's Game [Frost Moon Cycle #1]

'What are you doing here?' I asked in a whisper, my eyes so wide they were going to pop out of their sockets. 'What do you think? I'm here to check you out.' Ken's hazel eyes gleamed under the dim moonlight as they stared into mine. His face suddenly came so close to mine that our lips nearly meet, i took a step back and stared at him warily while he sniffed something out of me. 'He sure made it clear.' He gave me a sullen look accompanied by a shrug. 'What do you mean?' I tilted my head with questioning eyes as I stared at him quizzically. 'Well, you see. That guy..what's his name again? Oh, Hongbin. He marked you..slightly, although it's not as strong as the real marking. It sends the message straight and clear, so its bad.' He gave me a dissapointed and angry look, wow, i wonder how can he muster so many emotions at one time.

 I frowned and thought for awhile, it was true his scent has been lingering on me for quite some time. 'Why is it bad?' I felt a little stupid for asking such a question but he answered me anyway. 'Its bad because you can't have some fun time with the others and...' he trailed off his sentence looking away from me and turning his gaze towards my bed 'And what?' I asked him hurriedly, anxious for his answer. 'And i can't do it with you, if he hadn't done the mark. We would've been enjoying ourselves on bed by now.' He gave me a sly smirk and I felt my cheeks burn, i looked away from him and he started to chuckle. I glared at him and he stopped immediately, when the wind blowed in through the window, i smelt a stench. The metalic stench of blood, probably clotted. I looked towards the direction of the stench and gasped when I found it.

There was a large gash on his arm and the blood around it had already clotted. 'What's wrong?' He asked me worriedly as i ignored him and took my handy medical kit from the drawer. I sat him on my bed and started to take out the cotton balls, dis-infectant solution and some other medicine. 'You noticed that?' He asked me in a whisper, i gave him a slight nod and started to clean his wound. He was still the entire time as I dressed his wound, i took a glance at him and he was just an inch away from my face. Oh? Did he just blush? He looked away and let out a small sigh, patches of red forming in his cheeks, I smiled inwardly and continued my job. 'Done!' I brushed the bandage around his arm with my fingers and give him a cheeky smile, he jerked when he heard me and got up immediately, still blushing. 'It will be fine in a few days just make sure it doesn't get infected. I'm sorry for what In Guk has done to you, I'm sure it hurt.' I placed the kit into the drawer and turned around. My eyes scanned the room and he was gone.

I paced towards the window and saw a pair of gleaming hazel eyes in the distance staring at me intently, slowly sinking into the dark brushes. After the hazel eyes dissapeared into the dark, i closed the window and shut the blinds. I turned my back to face the simple logwood room, a weird emptiness started to build inside me, maybe he wasn't that bad after all. I giggled at the thought of him blushing, he's unexpectedly adorable too.

After a few weeks of tormenting freedomless homestay and the 'dangerous' season over, I'm finally free! I ran out of the house and breathed in the fresh air, the news that In Guk said reluctantly this morning still lingering in my fresh and happy mind. "Yura...you..um..have to..do i really have to let her do this?'' He looked at Sojin that was nodding her head beside him "Damn! You have to join the pack and learn how to hunt so...you'll be joining us tomorrow.'' After he finished his devastating news, he turned to Sojin for a comforting hug which Sojin quickly complied. To me it was like i owned the whole world and the lousy few weeks inside the house playing with Jamie and Jenny was all worth it. Yahoo! But! Even if I was all excited to join the hunt, my mind kept on reminding me of the awful first encounter with the pack.

I saw Hongbin running towards me and took me into a big bear hug. 'Yura! I missed you so much!' He took me off him and spin me around, inspecting me. I stopped him from spinning me and gave him a wink. 'I missed you too! Did you hear the news?' I said excitedly 'Of course! Our tough alpha took quite some time announcing it though. Hehe...' we laughed at each other and I immediately head off to find Leo and N with Hongbin coming along since he can't leave me alone in this dangerous world. I haven't been able to see them for a few weeks now and I'm missing them like sick, N's funny jokes that make me laugh all the time and Leo's warm gaze that quickens my heart beat. Its been like years to me but its actually just a few weeks, what a hard time I have endured after that scary experience.

We walked through the sky-piercing trees and small streams until we reached our destination, i turned around and absorbed the environment that is filled with nature. I missed it, i missed it badly. 'YURA~ ' i turned around and saw N running towards me, his arms wide open, i opened my arms and welcomed him. He crashed into me, hugging me so tightly I was suffocating 'Yura, how have you been? You're so mean.' He pouted at me stomping his legs on the ground 'Its not that long right?' I answered him with a slight smile, he smiled at me and turned towards Hongbin who was glaring at us. I turned towards N and he was glaring too, when N is happy, you'll love him. When N is dissapointed, you wouldn't want to mess with him. I stood in the middle trying to break the tension and sighed when it was not working 'Where's Leo?' I looked around in confusion 'Here.' I turned to my left and saw the icy expression that i have been missing throughout the weeks appear before me.

'How've you been?' He walked towards me with a slight smile on his face 'I'm fine. And i've missed you a lot.' I tugged at his hands and fiddled with his fingers, a habit I do only to him, he chuckled and lifted my chin 'I've missed you more.' Suddenly, he did something totally unexpected. He closed up our distance and gave my lips a small peck, I could feel the laser eyes beside us and the electrifying feel that vibrate inside me. Guess what, its my first kiss. My mind went dizzy and I was just motionless on my spot, he waved a hand in front of me and snapped me out of my trans. 'Hey, how can you do that. Thats no fun.' N said in a flat tone and came in between us, glaring at Leo 'Not really your business.' Leo said with a scoff and a snarl broke off between them. 'She's none of yours. She's mine,' I felt Hongbin pulled me towards him and the two wolves broke their snarls, glaring at him. He let out a smirk and the two wolves took a step closer. 

Hongbin put his hand to my neck and exposed my throat in front of the two wolves, tilting my head to a side. They took a step back as they continued to glare at him. He cranned his neck over mine and leaned his face onto my exposed neck. His scent overpowering mine instantly. While I was still in a daze, I heard Leo cursed under his breath, walking away with N behind him. When they're gone, Hongbin released me 'Why did you make them angry?' I asked him furiously 'I didn't, they just got angry by themselves.' He said to me innocently with a shrug, oh my god, how can he say it like that? 'What were you doing just now?' He perked up his eyebrow and said 'Not a thing you should know but you just need to know that only I can do this to you that's all. No questions!'

 We walked back towards the logwood house and I stopped in my tracks, turning around I said 'See you tomorrow, maybe we'll be hunting as a team. Hope we've got good chemistry.' He laughed and said 'Yup, its going to be a long day tomorrow. Better get some beauty sleep princess.' He pinched my cheek and received a smack in response, 'Bye.' I waved to him and see him jog off towards the pack den. I'm so excited about tomorrow, but i was feeling afraid as well.

Ravi & Kai :

'Hey, we're going to be guarding at the edge of the territory again. Do you think we'll be able to meet that girl again?' Ravi said excitedly as he put on his shirt 'Well, maybe. I wonder if that wolf is still around her.' Kai stared into the crackling fire in the small fire place 'Yeah, he's such a jerk. I hate him.' Ravi said with a curse. 'Well no matter what, i hope i can see her again.' Kai flopped onto the bed with a big smile on his face thinking about the beautiful girl they saw last time 'Hey, since she's so innocent. Why don't we try tricking her over for a chat?' Ravi climbed up next to Kai as Kai stared at the ceiling in deep thought. He turn to Ravi with a smirk and Ravi returned him with a grin. He thought ''Tomorrow's going to be fun.''