Chapter 2

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 2

 

*WARNING! Scene contains some violence. If you’re uncomfortable with violence please scroll down or skip to the next chapter. Kamsahabnida!!*

     As I was waiting for Diego to come out of the restroom a yell awoke me from my trance of trying to conquer the impossible level of Candy Crush -_-

 “Hey! Hey ___!”

“Hey Alex… How are you?” I reply somewhat nervous.

“I’m great! How about you? What are you up to?”

“That’s good to hear. I’m great, thanks. You know the usual. What about you?” Geez why can’t he just leave…

“Yeah, same here. So have you figured out the work for philosophy yet? I don’t understand a single thing and we have finals next week!”

“Um… Well, all you really have to do is-” I was stopped abruptly when Diego came out of thin air like a ninja and wrapped his muscular arms around my waist standing behind me.

“Hey babe.” He gives me a peck on the check.

“Hey amor.”

“I love it when you call me that” Diego said while turning my body towards his and started to press his lips on mine before I could even catch my breath.

“Um… I guess I’ll see you later _____. Good night” Alex awkwardly says about to leave.

“Um… Yeah, sorry.  See you later Alex” I responded as soon as I was able to pull away my now purple and swollen lips, while looking down at the speckled cement street with embarrassment.

“Alright, let’s go home babe” Diego said as he put his hand around my waist. “It was nice meeting you Alec.”

“It’s Alex.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

       With that, Alex looked at me with what looked like disappointment and left into the night.

Aish! Why do these things happen to me?

“I left for one minute and you’re already cheating on me!!”

“What? I’m not cheating on you!”

“Ha! What do you call that, hm? You were talking to another guy!”

“Just because I’m talking to another guy doesn’t mean I’m cheating on you! He’s one of my classmates and he was asking me for help on one of our upcoming finals next week. That’s all!”

“Do you think that I’m un tonto (a dummy), eh? I saw you with my two eyes!!”

“You are not a tonto but you’re taking things way too far, Diego!!”

“Really? I am??”

     Before I could even respond I felt a sharp pain coming from my scalp as Diego was grabbing me by my hair and dragging me into an ally.

“Maybe this will teach you not to cheat on me!”

                Wham! I felt a piercing pain shoot into my cheek from a hard punch knocking me onto the hard cement ground. The more I screamed, the harder he would hit me. Blow after blow and slap after agonizing slap my body soon grew numb from all of the pain. I didn’t even have the sheer strength to utter a single wet salty tear. I could do nothing but lay down and take the beating.

“I’m sorry _____. Te  amo so much! You understand why I get like this right? I didn’t mean to hurt you” Diego says crouching to the ground while trying to cuddle me in his muscular arms.

                From my body being so inflicted with pain I could only nod in agreeance.

“Bueno, let’s get you to your dorm room.”

                With that Diego softly picked me up and walked me to my room. It was no easy task as I was wearing 6-inch heels with my body aching everywhere. Luckily for him it was dark, so nobody saw the new make-over my body underwent.

“I love you baby. Get some rest and I’ll wait for you in the morning, ok?”

“Ok” I uttered painfully.

                Before departing, Diego went forward and captured my bloody lips with his, not caring about the searing pain shooting through them and the rest of my body.

“See you tomorrow!”

“See you” I replied while closing my door.

                I painfully walked over to my mirror and took a good look at my reflection. The girl in front of me was not me. This is not the me that I know. The person staring back at me is a girl who is broken, torn, scarred, and, pathetic with no way out. I soon found myself crying and couldn’t stop. I reached into my bag and pulled out my I-pod. Music always makes me feel better and there’s no better time than now. I put it on shuffle and this is the first song to start playing (Please play the song! It’s relevant to what’s happening) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkGSae8r_H0

                Geurae _______, geurae. I can’t keep on living my life like this, it’s not fair. I will smile again. I will! I need to get away from Diego. But how can I do it without telling him? Last time I tried breaking up with him… He hurt me worse than today. Come on ___ think! You’re smart, think!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-7hcscadt8 (Please play ^^)         

           That’s it! I’ll go to Korea! He’ll never find me if I’m on the other side of the world! I’m going to Korea! Tomorrow after my last class I’ll apply to study abroad in Korea!