Chapter 13

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 13

“Let me go get my first aid kit and wash my hands. Take a seat on the couch” Sungyeol tells me.

“Ne, kamsahabnida.”

                While waiting for Sungyeol to come back I take the time to look around the living room. It looks like any typical idol’s living room. It’s small with clothes and shoes on racks and on the floor. There are several different bags in one corner and a small table in the center with empty ramen cups.

“Sorry to keep you waiting…and for the mess. I live with my group members” he says while rubbing his nape.

“It’s ok. It doesn’t bother me” I say while giving him a reassuring smile.

“That’s good. Now, let’s get you cleaned up” he returns my smile.

                My face and ears are red hot from blushing and my heart is beating like the marching of a billion soldiers.               

Sungyeol just smiled at me! I can die happy now!

“This may hurt a little” he says after removing the bloodied shirt from my elbow and is about to apply hydrogen peroxide to disinfect my wound.

“Ow!! Ow!!” I shout out in pain.

“Jeongmal mianhaeyo! Gwaenchanha?” he says with his eyes bugging out looking like someone ate the last piece of cake that he’s been saving solely for himself.

“Hahaha!” I giggle out loud while Sungyeol looks at me like I’m crazy.

“Haha! I’m fine. You just looked so tense that I wanted you to relax” I tell him.

“Ya! That was not funny!”

“It was! You should have seen your face!” I smile at him.

“You know that you shouldn’t be treating someone that’s helping you like that” Sungyeol comments cleaning the blood from my elbow and arm.

“You’re right, mian” I say hiding my smile.

“Well, as long as you’re sorry for nearly causing me a heart attack, then it’s fine.”

“I am sorry. I just wanted you to feel at ease. It just looked like you were about to perform surgery on me.”

“If you look at it this is like surgery but without anesthesia.”

“Very true. And without you wearing a white lab coat.”

“I actually do have one.”

“You have a white lab coat?”

“No, but I do have a long blazer that’s white which can pass as a lab coat” Sungyeol says with a serious face.

“Aigo!” I say while cracking a smile and looking away from him.

“There. You are all done!”

                I look at my arm and there are no traces of blood anywhere just bandages covering my elbow.

“Kamsahabnida! I really appreciate it!” I tell him smiling.

“Your welcome. Oh! Here’s a shirt for you to change into” Sungyeol says while holding out a black tee shirt.

“Oh, no it’s ok. Kamsahabnida though.”

“Do you really want to walk around with your white tank top covered in coffee?”

                I looked down at my shirt and it looks as bad as it sounds. My favorite white tank top with “Peace” teal lettering is now brown from the coffee and sticking to my stomach.

“Yeah, it actually looks pretty bad. Kamsahabnida” I say while taking the shirt from his grasp.

“Your welcome. You can change in the bathroom right there.”

“Kamsahabnida” I say while bowing.

“Any time.”