Chapter 22

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 22

                Once again I have found myself in front of Infinite’s dorm but this time I was actually invited. I never thought that I would be in Infinite’s dorm once let alone twice. With my hands gripping my purse and bags carrying Sungyeol’s present and cupcakes I look over my outfit making sure I look decent. My outfit consists of a royal blue bodycon skirt, a black peplum shirt with pink and white roses and green and blue leaves, silver jewelry, and sandals. My hair is curled to make it look wavy and of course I have my signature side swept bangs. After checking that I have everything and I look ok, I knock on their door with a nervous heart.

“Annyeonghaseyo ________ssi” Sungkyu warmly tells me letting me in.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Kamsahabnida!” I smile back while lightly bowing and greeting the rest of the members except Sungyeol who is nowhere to be seen.

“Hyung! Come out ________ssi is here!” Sungjong says walking over from Sungyeol’s bedroom door. “Sorry about that _______ssi. He’s been in there all day!”

“Yeah. I’ve never seen him so concerned about the way he looks” Woohyun comments.

“It’s ok. He’s the birthday boy afterall. He has all the right to be late” I say.

“Speaking of the King of Rome…” Sungjong trails off.

“Saengil chughahabnida Sungyeolssi” I greet as he comes out from his room looking as handsome as ever. I can tell he spent time on himself as he is wearing a light blue button up shirt tucked in his fitted jeans with a white belt and his long locks spiked up.

“Gomawo ____ssi” Sungyeol thanks me with his gummy smile walking over to me. My dear heavens! Sungyeol looks so handsome… How will I be able to function properly tonight?

                As he stops in front of me to receive his gifts I reach over to give him a birthday hug but quickly realize how much of a mistake I’ve made when I feel Sungyeol’s body freeze at my action. I completely forgot that in Korea skinship between people of the opposite gender typically doesn’t happen unless they’re dating. Great _____! Just great! You have achieved to embarrass yourself within five minutes of entering. It still doesn’t make me feel better when he reciprocates my action shortly after.

“Mianaeyo” I say pulling away. “Where I’m from we always give each other hugs on our birthdays” I remark full of shame trying to hide my flushed face.

“No no worries… Thank you so much for my present” Sungyeol responds with his face a visible red color.

“Ne. Your welcome. I hope you like it.”

“I’m sure I will!”

“Ehem. Should we eat dinner” Dongwoo asks breaking the awkward atmosphere.

“Ne!” Everyone choruses together.

                Dinner of course was made up of seaweed soup, which was pretty delicious and general small talk of events that have happened during the week.

“Since we’re done with dinner why don’t you go ahead and open up ________ssi’s present hyung” Sungjong suggests before getting up, grabbing my present, and giving it to Sungyeol.

“Daebak!” Sungyeol exclaims opening the box containing the chocolate fudge cupcakes.

“Woah!” faces of delight paint all seven members.

“You will share those, right?” Woohyun remarks.

“Anni! They’re my cupcakes!” Sungyeol says while hugging the cupcake box.

“______ssi can we have some cupcakes?” Sungjong asks me.

“Well, I would give you some but they’re Sungyeol’s. So, it’s up to him if he wants to share.”

“Knowing him he won’t share” Woohyun pouts.

                Ignoring that comment Sungyeol reaches over to open his other present and his face lights up.

“Gomawo ______! These are really nice!” Sungyeol beams.

“Your welcome!” I smile back.

“You even took off the tags from the shirts.”

“Ye. I know that they irritate your skin.”

“You know that?”

“Of course she knows that!  She’s our fan, remember??” Hoya says.

“Riiiiiiiight” Sungyeol says.

                Sungyeol trying not to lose his patience in front of you reaches over, grabs a cupcake, and hands it to you.

“Oh! Kamsahabnida!” I say stunned that he’s handing me one of his cupcakes.

“Your welcome!”

                Upon witnessing this scene the members are astounded at Sungyeol’s sweet action.

                Not wanting to make a bad impression on you, Sungyeol decides to share his cupcakes with the rest of Infinite.

“So, _______ssi. Since you like Infinite who’s you bias?” Sungkyu asks me while eating his cupcake.