Chapter 9

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 9

     I never knew that a day could be so long as it is today. Why does it feel long you ask? I’m waiting for the phone call indicating if I made the dance crew or not. I’ve kept myself busy all day today. I cleaned the house, finished my homework, and I’m currently getting ready to go out to dinner with Minah and our friends that we met during orientation.

“__________ are you ready yet?” Minah yelled from downstairs.

“Yes! I’m coming! Let me get my purse and shoes” I yelled back.

“Kay!”

“Ready to leave?” I say as I meet Minah at the bottom of the stairs.

“Yup!”

“Let’s go then!”

                The weather outside felt so nice on my skin and the sky was painted a beautiful purple and pink with the sun hiding behind the red brick buildings. Grounds was alive with people studying on the soft grass, guys playing soccer on the fields, girls taking selcas with their friends, and couples laughing and holding hands. I was so absorbed with my surroundings that I didn’t hear my phone ring until Minah elbowed me in the rib.

 “Ow! Minah what was that for?”

“Your cell is ringing!”

Dashi dorawa dorawa dorawa. Dashi dorawa dorawa dorawa. Dasi dorawa dasi dorawa.

“It is? Oh it is! Yeoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo? Is this _____ssi?”

“Ne, it is. Who’s this?”

“This is JB from the Fighting Dragons.”

“Oh. Anneonghaseyo JB ssi. How are you?”

“I’m good thanks for asking _______ ssi. I’m sure you know why I’m calling.”

“Ye.”

“Well _____. You’re a great dancer with an interesting style.”

Great, compliment me first then cut me.

“Which is why you have a spot on the team!”

“I I made it?” I questioned.

“You did! Congratulations! You are officially a member of the Fighting Dragons”

“Kamsahabinida JB ssi! I can’t believe it” I say in awe.

“Kekeke. Your welcome ____ssi” he said slightly chuckling. “We have practice tomorrow from 5-8pm at the dance hall. Don’t be late, arraso?”

“I promise I won’t JB ssi.”

“Sounds good. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Ye. Have a great night!”

“Thanks, you too.”

“Thank you. Bye!” I chirped.

“Bye ____ssi.”

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!! Is this real? Am I being punked right now?

“______ you made it!”

“I I did!”

“Oh my gosh!! I knew that you would!” Minah shouted while picking me up and twirling me around.

“Ay! Minah!!” I exclaim while laughing.

“Everybody!! My gorgeous friend made it into the Fighting Dragons!!” Minah was shouting for all of Korea to hear.

“Ya! Shhh people are staring!” I scold Minah while she sets me down.

“No, they all need to know! ____ is part of the Fighting Dragons!”

“Minah!!” I say while putting my hand over .

Clap. Clap.

“Congrats!”

“Congratulations!”

“Kamsahabnida” I say sheepishly while bowing.

“See people don’t care! They’re congratulating you!” Minah says while smiling at me.

“I suppose…”

                Minah locks our arms together and skips us to the restaurant.