Chapter 11

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 11

     It is 4:30 and I’m on my way to my first dance practice. I can’t help but to feel extremely nervous. It’s been a while since I’ve been in a dance group and I feel slightly intimidated by the judges and the fact that I’m the only non-Korean in the group. To calm my itching nerves, I play some music on my I-pod. Automatically I start to hum along to Tey’s, Dangerous, Please my baby, meomchul su eobseo. I’m so dangerous, dangerous, dangerous. Neoreul gatgo sipeoseo mwodeunji naneun hal su isseo. Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.

Finally! I made it with ten minutes to spare! I took a seat on the floor and waited for JB and the rest of the group to come and start practice.

“Good afternoon” JB said while entering the room.

“Good afternoon” all of us responded.

“Before we get started I’m going to introduce some of our members. This is Minho, Jiseok, Hojin, Youngtae, and I’m JB, the leader. It’s my last year in the group and I hope to be able to give the group a win. I promise you that being a part of this group is going to challenge you in every way possible to the point that you will want to quit. With that in mind, if you are not willing to work hard and do your part the door is right there for you to leave right now. But if you leave, you leave behind a family. A family that will take care of you and protect you like no other. So, if you want to leave, this is your only chance” JB said.

Dang this is a little scary…

“No one? Ok then. We have a school competition against Black List in two months. This is a yearly competition to see who will represent this university at the regional dance competition in January. But since this is just the first week of practice we’re just gonna teach you a simple dance to see where your skills lie. We’ll start talking about the competition next week so you should start thinking of what you would want to incorporate into the dance routine. So, take a drink of water and let’s start practice” JB said.

Oh my! I’m shaking like a leaf.

“Don’t be nervous newbie. It’ll be alright” Jiseok said while giving me a wink and walking away to the front of the group.

Aigo!! Do I really look nervous? Wait… Did that handsome guy just talk to me and wink at me?? Solma (no way)!!! This dance crew is going to be the death of me  >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7fVHo-xjF0  (The dance choreography that was taught)

                My gosh that was a long three hour practice and I’m super hungry and sweaty!

“OK, great job everybody. I’ll see you all on Thursday at the same time so be ready to work. Today was the easy day” JB announced amid the heavy panting of exasperation among the sweaty dancers in the room.

Of course today was going to be an easy day… I really am out of shape. I should probably workout tomorrow.

                I grabbed my things and bid my farewells to F5.