Chapter 16

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 16

   Finally my last class of the day is over and I can finally go home, change, and then go over to Sungyeol’s place and return him his shirt. Well I guess Infinite’s house considering that they all live together.

                I was listening to Back by Infinite when all of a sudden I jump when a hand comes into contact with my left shoulder.

“Annyeong _____! Did I scare you?” Jiseok says while giving me a y smirk.

Oh my gosh Jiseok! You’re making me turn red from blushing so much from that smirk -_-

“J just a bit” I stutter trying to calm my irregular heartbeat. If he wasn’t my sunbae I would have responded by saying No, of course not! Couldn’t you tell I was baking a cake?

“Sorry, that wasn’t my intention.”

“It’s ok. That’s what I get for listening to music really loud and not paying attention to my surroundings.”

“That happens. What were you listening to anyways that it got a yeppeun yeoja (pretty girl) distracted?” Jiseok says while taking my right ear bud and putting it in his ear while our shoulders lightly touch each other.

No manches (no way)! I can’t believe this is happening to me right now!! He smells so good xD Considering the proximity of our bodies.

“Hm Infinite, right?”

“Ne, majayo.”

“Their dancing is pretty good. Do you like them?”

“Ne, besides BTS they’re my favorite group.”

“Really? Who’s you’re favorite member?”

“My favorite member?” Hm, that’s odd. Why is he be asking me who my favorite member is?

“Ne.”

“It would have to be Sungyeol.”

“Jinja? That’s surprising!”

“It is?” I question him in shock.

“Ne. I thought that Hoya would be your bias.”

“Hoya? Why Hoya?”

“Not really sure.”

“Reeeeally?” I say while giving him a look of disbelief not believing that he doesn’t know his reasons.

                I was too caught up in my thoughts of Jiseok surprising me that I completely forgot that I have to go home so I can get ready and head over to Sungyeol’s house.

“Oh, Jiseok I forgot but I’m kind of in a hurry to get home.”

“Aw, well that’s upsetting. I was going to invite you to have lunch with me and the dance crew or just me if you would prefer that” Jiseok cheekily smiles.

“Oh, I’m sorry” I apologize while blushing.

“It’s ok. Why don’t you have lunch with us tomorrow to make it up to me?”

“Tomorrow?”

“Yup!”

“Umm, sure.”

“Great! See you tomorrow!”

“Ne” I say while bowing and turned around to leave.

“Oh! ______!”

“Huh” I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see Jiseok again.

“Keep the volume of your i-Pod low. We don’t want you dying before the competition” Jiseok tells me giving me a wink before leaving.

                I stood there for a pretty good minute blushing and trying to process what in the world just happened to me. So, he only wants me alive for the competition? Well that’s nice of him! I sarcastically think. When my legs finally found their strength they turn me around to start walking back home but not before my eyes meet JB’s eyes. As soon as that happened he broke eye contact and shoved food into his mouth looking anywhere but at me. Ok. That’s really weird… With that thought pushed into the back of my mind I start walking back to my and Minah’s apartment.

 

>At home<

     Standing in front of my closet my mind was in total limbo because I can’t decide what to wear! Should I wear a dress? Skirt? I have a lot of pretty dresses and skirts. Anni! I don’t want him to think that I’m trying too hard to impress him.  I mean I want to look good obviously but I don’t want to make it look like I tried so hard. Gosh this is so frustrating! Why should I care though? It’s not like I’m gonna date him. Why would he date someone like me anyways? I told myself that while I’m here I will not date anybody. I need time to heal from the emotional and physical wounds Diego inflicted on me. Joah (good). With that mentality I settled with black high waisted shorts, a white v-neck t-shirt, a mint green scarf, silver sandals and jewelry, and my hair hanging loosely with my side swept bangs.

   As I was making my way to the door I grabbed the blue paper bag which contained Sungyeol’s now clean shirt and some different flavored cookies to thank him for everything that he’s done for me.

>Skip the cab ride<

                I’m so glad that I remembered where he lived or else it would have been really embarrassing with the cab driver >.<

                Before ringing the doorbell I took a deep breath to stabilize my breathing from the nerves that I would once again see Sungyeol, my ultimate bias.

                I rang the doorbell once, took a few breathes, and waited for the door to be opened.

                Once the door opened my stomach dropped upon the sight of the person who opened it.