Chapter 12

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 12

                I’ve been done with classes for an hour now, so like I said yesterday I’m on my way to work out. I decided to wear a white tank top with teal blue colored workout shorts, white running shoes, and my bangs braided at the top with my hair up in a high pony tail.

                After doing the standard gym exercises at the gym for two hours straight, I decided to jog to and around one of the local parks in Seoul.

                It is truly beautiful here! The city is so alive with people and there are buildings on every side of the street. The park is like an island in Seoul. It’s quiet but it contrasts with the bright and loud colors of the flowers and the sky. There’s a lovely fountain in the center of the park overlooking a lily covered pond.

                My earphones were blasting Kim Hyun Joon’s Unbreakable as I was taking in the scene in front of me. I always listen to this song to make me feel stronger and more empowered. As I was changing the song to B.A.P.’s Power my stomach was met with a stinging hot liquid and my sweaty back met the hard cement ground.

“Ommo! Jeongmal mianhaeyo! Gwaenchanha? I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going” the stranger said to me as he was extending his hand to help me up. At this point I haven’t even looked at his face from sheer embarrassment.

“It’s ok. Gwaenchanhayo. Kamsahabnida. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going either” I say while holding onto his hand as he helps me up.

“I guess it’s safe to say that it’s both of our faults then. Isn’t it?” he asks me with a hint of humor in his voice.

“Ne, it is.”           

      Now that I’m up on my own two feet, I am finally able to look at my helper and I am left without being able to mutter a single word in any language that I know. There in front of me is Lee Sungyeol of Infinite!! He’s attempting to be in disguise but I of course easily recognized him. I mean who wouldn’t? There aren’t many gorgeous tall guys walking around freely in Seoul. He’s wearing a green and blue button up shirt left completely ed, a black tee-shirt under, black and white converse, his long straight locks hidden under a black cap, and his eyes shielded with sunglasses.

“Are you sure that you’re ok” Sungyeol asks me worriedly.

“N ne” I barely am able to mutter.

Way to sound dumb in front of your ultimate bias and crush!!

“Can I at least buy you a new shirt since I spilled my coffee all over your white shirt?”

“Anni. There’s no need to trouble yourself” I say while tucking a loose strand of my reddish purple hair behind my ear.

“You’re definitely not ok! You’re bleeding!” Sungyeol shouted.

“What?? I’m bleeding?”

“Ne, on your elbow.”

                I take a look and he’s right my elbow is bleeding.

“It must have hit the cement and scratched when I fell” I say.

“Here we need to stop the bleeding” he says while taking off his button up shirt, leaving him in his black tee shirt.

OMG!! I just met Sungyeol and he’s already stripping for me. Could life get any better?

                I was brought back from my trance when I realized why he’s taking off his shirt

“Anni! We’re not using your shirt for my bloody elbow. No way! Besides I’m not bleeding a lot”

“Why not? You’re bleeding and it needs to be stopped before you lose a lot of blood.”

“Because it’s your shirt and I don’t want my blood on it. And like I said, I’m not bleeding that bad. It’s just a scratch.”

“Ya! Quit being stubborn! If I don’t stop you from bleeding you could die. Do you want to die? Because you will if I don’t stop it.”

“Well, no. But-“

“Ok. It’s settled” he says while taking my arm and wrapping his beautiful button up shirt around it.

“Now, put pressure on your elbow. Good. Let’s take you to the hospital” he says.

“The hospital?” I question him as we are walking.

“Ne. You need to get your arm checked out.”

“I don’t think it’s serious enough for me to go to a hospital. I’ll just go back to my apartment and clean it up myself.”

“Where do you live” Sungyeol asks me.

“Seoul University.”

“Seoul University? You a student there?”

“Ne, I am.”

“Well, if you were just planning on cleaning it, let’s go to my house since it’s closer.”

“Your your house?” I choke out.

“Ne. Why? Is there a problem with that?”

“A anni. Just asking.”

“Why? You scared I’m going to put you to sleep and then sell your organs?” Sungyeol says while laughing showing his beautiful white teeth.

“Anni. But anything is possible” I say while looking at him.

“I wouldn’t do that to you. Well…”

“Ya!” I half scream at him as I hit his arm lightly.

“Just kidding! Just kidding!” Sungyeol says putting his hands up in surrender.

“Good!”

“Your Korean is really good by the way. You’re obviously not Korean, so where are you from?”

You can choose where you’re from.

“Thanks! I’m from ______. And I studied Korean at my other university back home.

“Really? That’s amazing! What university?”

“__________.”

“You must be really smart then.”

“Not really. I’m just a hard worker that’s all.”

“But still…”

“What about you, are you a student?” I ask even though I know the answer. But I don’t want to make it seem like I know.

“No. I’m a singer, so I don’t go to school.”

                Before I could answer back, Sungyeol has indicated that we have arrived at his house.

>Author's Note<

  So, Sungyeol has finally made his appearance at last!! What do my beautiful readers think ;)