Chapter 14

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 14

    I make my way to the bathroom and lock the door to change my shirt. As I put his shirt on, my nose catches the scent of his cologne. Woah! His cologne smells so good! Holy crap!! I’m wearing Sungyeol’s shirt!! My gosh! Ok, just breathe girl! After my fangirling fit I look myself in the mirror and my goodness! I look horrendous! My hair is sticking in all different directions from when I was jogging and is combined with dry sweat. I can’t believe that the first time I meet Sungyeol I look like this! I take my ponytail down and run my fingers through the running water and brush my hair with my fingers in an attempt to fix my hair. I take one last look in the mirror to make sure I look presentable enough and leave the bathroom.

“All good?” Sungyeol asks.

“Ne, kamsahabnida.”

“Your welcome. Don’t just stand there. Come and have a seat” Sungyeol says while waving his arm to the couch.

“Thanks” I say while making my way over to the couch.

“So, what brings you here to Korea of all places?” Sungyeol asks me when I take a seat beside him.

“Um. Well, as you know I’m studying at Seoul University.” Sungyeol nods acknowledging me to continue. “But, I just felt that I needed a change in my life.”

“What kind of change?”

“Not sure… I guess I just want to explore the world and try new things. And Korea is a place that I’ve always wanted to come visit for years now.”

“I see. Korea sure is a great place to live!” Sungyeol exclaims while extending his left arm and moving it from the right side to the left side to show the greatness of the room, referencing the greatness of Korea.

“Jeje it sure is-” I say as my pink I-pod crashes onto the floor. “Ay!” I exclaim bending over and retrieving it. I’m such an embarrassment -_-

“Ommo! Did I do that to you? Sungyeol questions me.

“Do what?” I ask confused.

“Those bruises on your back. Did you get those from falling when we bumped into each other?”

“Bruises?” I question.

“Ne.”  He says while pointing to my exposed lower back from bending over.

 I immediately remember what he’s referring to. Those bruises aren’t from falling over. They’re bruises Diego gave me before coming to Korea. They don’t hurt but are a yucky yellowish green.

“Oh! Those bruises are from when I fell during dance practice. No biggie!” I say hoping that he’ll buy my lie.

“Good! I was getting scared that I’ve caused you so much damage for one day.” Sungyeol says while putting his right hand over his heart.

Aw, does he really care about me? ^.^

“Oh, no. Those were there already. You have nothing to worry about” I say while trying to hide my reddened cheeks.

“That’s good. So, you’re a dancer?”

“I am. I’m part of a dance crew in my university and in my other university back home.”

“Daebak! So you can dance like this?” He asked while getting up and attempted to do what looked like G Dragon and Taeyang’s Good Boy, but failed miserably and ended up looking like someone was wringing wet clothes dry by swinging it in circles in front of them.

“Um… What’s that dance supposed to be?”

“It’s G Dragon and Taeyang’s Good Boy. Do you know who they are?”

“Of course I do! Everyone here knows who they are!”

“Well, if you knew then why didn’t you recognize the dance move just now?”

“Because you’re doing it wrong.”

“What! I am not! See.”

                And once again he showed me wringing the clothes.

“Jeje. I think it’s meant to be done like this.” I say making my way over to where he is and demonstrated how it’s done. “See. This is the way it’s supposed to be done.”

“I don’t see how it’s different from mine” Sungyeol says with sass.

“Well, you’re using too much energy when moving your arms and you’re lifting the wrong foot.”

“Show me how you do it again.”

                Once again I show him how it’s done.

“Still don’t see it!”

“Ommo!” I say while shaking my head and smiling.

“Mwoh?”

“Huh? I didn’t say anything.”

….

“Wait, what time is it?”

“It’s almost eight. Why?”

“Darn it! I have to leave now. I was supposed to cook dinner tonight for my friend and I” I exclaim walking over to grab my I-pod getting ready to leave.

“Wait! Let me call you a cab!”

“It’s ok. It isn’t necessary” I try to reject his offer.

“Anni, please let me. I spilled my coffee all over you and ruined your shirt and I made you fall and scrape your elbow. It’s the least I can do for you. Besides it’s getting dark. Please” He begs with such sincere eyes that I feel my heart pick up speed and my body getting hot from blushing.

“Well… Sure, only if it’s not troublesome” I say. I seriously can not believe this!!

“Of course not!”

“Ok then. Kamsahabnida” I say smiling.

“No problem!” he says melting my heart with his heart stopping smile.

It’s official, he wants to kill me like he said earlier. But this time from my heart accelerating because of him.

“All set! It’ll be here in a few minutes.”

“Awesome.”

“Would you like anything to eat or drink before leaving?”

“Oh, no thank you! I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.” I say giving him a smile. For a few seconds we’re just looking at each other, but it felt like minutes.

Beep beep!

“Well, that was fast!” Sungyeol exclaims while breaking away contact.

“Ne, it was” I say while looking at the ground hiding my flushed face.

“Here, let me walk you out” He says while guiding me out of his house.

“Thank you so much for all of your help. I honestly really do appreciate everything that you’ve done for me.”

“It was nothing. I’m sorry for hurting you.” He says looking anywhere but my face.

“It’s ok. We’re both at fault remember?” I say opening the cab door.

“Ah! Yes, we’re both at fault. In that case, you owe me a coffee!” He says with a mischievous smile.

“I do?”

“Ne, you do!”

“But I’m the one that got hurt” I say tilting my head to the side.

“I’m just kidding! You don’t owe me anything. Just get back safely to your apartment. And here-“ he says while pulling out some money.

“What’s this?”

“Your ride back home.”

“I can’t accept your money!” I say pushing his hand back.

“Why not?”

“It’s not right!”

“How is it not right?”

“Ya!! Bickering love birds! Is someone getting in or not?” The ajusshi yelled from the front.

“Make sure she gets back safely.” Sungyeol says handing the grouchy ajusshi the money.

“Yes sir!”

“You’re all set!” Sungeyeol says.

“I can’t believe you just did that!”

“Well, you weren’t taking the money. So, I just gave it to someone who will.”

“You didn’t have to, but thanks” I say half mad at the fact that he spent money on me and half happy that he is showing so much care.

“Your welcome” he says smiling.

“Well, good night!”

“Good night!” He responds as I’m shutting the door.

“Wait!!” He exclaims before I shut the door completely.

“Ne?” I question him confused.

“I didn’t get your name.”

“It’s ______.”

“_________?”

“Ne” I say while nodding

“_________” He says looking at me and shuts the door.

                As we’re driving away, I look back to see Sungyeol looking back at my cab. What just happened today? I question myself and lean back into the seat.