Chapter 26

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 26

                Knock! Knock! Ommo! JB is here already? I shriek in a small panic as I still need to finish a few final touches.

“Come in” I hear Minah say opening the door for JB.

                Good thing that Minah is good at talking that way I can buy myself a few minutes. After fixing my hair and applying perfume, I put my sandals on and look myself in the mirror. I’m wearing a coral summer dress, white wedges, silver jewelry, my hair is straight in a half up half down do with my side swept bangs, and I have  light brown smoky eye make-up. I don’t look my best but I guess I just have to run with it considering that JB is already here. Why is it that I always look awful in the most inopportune of times?

“So, like I was saying. There’s a huge difference between American Nutella and Italian Nutella but a lot of people can’t tell the differ-” Minah stops as she notices JB’s attention isn’t on her anymore.

“Wow! ________ you look hot!” Minah exclaims.

“Oh my gosh! Shut up!” I say embarrassed. She’s like my Jiseok because she’s always saying stupid things and embarrassing me.

“Doesn’t she look great JBssi” Minah says eyeing him since he hasn’t said anything as he is in a daze.

“You look really pretty ______ssi” JB says reddening and looking at the fuzzy rug in front of him.

“Kamsabnida” I smile with my cheeks turning pink not hiding from the rosy blush I applied to them.

“So, are the two of you gonna leave or what? I don’t mind if you want to stay. I can make us popcorn and we can watch a movie together!” Minah exclaims breaking the silence.

“It’s ok. We were just about to leave, thank you. Are you ready _______ssi?” JB asks.

“Yup! I’m ready to go.”

“Alright have fun you two! I want her home at a decent hour, arraso?”

“Of course! Bye Minahssi” JB bows and opens the door for you.

“Bye! See you later _______” Minah sang.

“See ya” I say aggravated.

                As we’re walking in the cool early autumn air I can’t help but feel bad for JB because of Minah’s behavior.

“JBssi I’m really sorry for the way Minah acted towards you. I hope that she didn’t make you feel too uncomfortable.”

“It’s ok. You don’t have to worry about it ______ssi. I understand that she’s doing that because she cares about you.”

“I guess so. But she did some embarrassing things too” I say ashamed.

“She’s nothing like Jiseok. So, you don’t have anything to apologize for” JB says stopping and giving me a reassuring smile.

“Thanks JBssi. You’re very sweet.”

“You’re welcome.  By the way you can drop the formalities ________ssi. You can just call me JB”

“Sure but only on one condition.”

“What’s that? JB asks very intrigued.

“You drop the formalities too. It feels weird.”

“Hmmm. Ok, call!” JB grins.

“Good” I smile. “By the way, where are we going?” I question.

“To the movies and then dinner. I hope that’s ok with you?”

“Of course! I love movies.”

>At the Movies<

“Do you want popcorn or anything else to eat or drink?”

“Hm… Should we get a small popcorn and share it? I don’t want to get too full before dinner.”

“Yeah that’s fine” JB says shyly at the thought of sharing popcorn with you. “Do you want to go ahead and find us seats while I get us the refreshments?”

“Sure.”

“Oh, _____! Don’t forget your ticket!”

“Thanks!” I say grabbing my ticket and start heading to the room where our movie will be playing.

….

“The movie hasn’t started playing yet” JB questions sitting down beside me.

“Nope. Not yet.”

“Ah good! Oh! I got us cokes too” JB says handing me a cold soda bottle.

“Thank you JB” I smile.

“Your welcome.”

                The lights dimmed signaling the start of the movie and voices simmering down shortly after.

Author’s Point of View

                As the movie was playing distracting its viewers, two hands quietly reached into the nearly empty popcorn bowl and lightly caressed each other. Upon feeling each other’s touch both hands quickly ejected away from each other and both parties avoided eye contact with each other and stared intently at the screen in front. Both thanked the heavens it was dark that way their hot reddened cheeks only remained a secret between each of them and the shadows.