Chapter 18

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 18

                Dinner was filled with the sound of slurping hot ramyeon and small talk from the guys wanting to get to know you.

“So, I’m curious _______ssi. How did Sungyeol and you meet?” Dongwo asks.

                Damn! What should I say? Should I mention that we bumped into each other, he spilled coffee on me, and I got hurt?

“We sort of bumped into each other at the park and he noticed that I was hurt and offered to help me. So to thank him I stopped by today to give him some homemade cookies.” That wasn’t a straight lie but I definitely didn’t tell the whole truth. I just didn’t want to make Sungyeol look bad.

“I see. Well, that was nice of Sungyeol to help you. You must be special considering that he’s lazy and doesn’t help out anyone here” Woohyun says.

                At the remark my cheeks turned a pink tint.

“Shut up! That’s not true! I do help you guys out here!” Sungyeol shouts.

“When? One time I lost my silver watch that I got for my birthday and I spent all day looking for it. It turns out that Sungyeol had it the whole time and didn’t tell me! He saw that I was looking for it all day and gave it to me the next morning!” Sungjong confesses.

“At least you got your watch back! That’s not as bad as what my brother did to me once. I was getting ready to go out with some friends and I was going to dry my hair with the hair dryer. Once I turned it on flour came out and got all over me! I had to go take another shower just to get all the flour out and I was late!”

“Hahaha” The group was laughing and I couldn’t help but join them because of how contagious Dongwoo’s laugh is. Even L who was quiet during most of the dinner was lightly chuckling.

“Mian ______ssi. We don’t mean to laugh but hahah” Dongwoo trails off in another giggling fit.

“It’s ok. It’s actually pretty funny when you think about it” I smile and giggle again.

                After the laughing fit things got pretty quiet again that is until Sungkyu asks “Have you heard of the group Infinite before?”

“Infinite?” I question trying to sound like I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

“Ne” Hoya says beside me.

“Anni. Who are they?” I ask playing dumb with the most confused face I can muster.

“You really don’t know who Infinite is?” Sungyeol asks me in disbelief.

“Of course I know who Infinite is! I’m a huge fan of you guys” I smile sweetly at them.

“Whaaaat! You do? Why didn’t you say anything?” Hoya questions.

“Well, I felt like if it was something that you guys wanted me to know, you would tell me when you felt comfortable. I respect your privacy and I didn’t want to cross any lines that you didn’t want me to.”

“Woah that’s really nice of you ___ssi. That’s the first time I have heard a fan say something like that” L cooly compliments.

“Your welcome. Like I said, I respect you and your privacy.”

“Well I should probably get going because I have class and dance practice tomorrow and I don’t want to feel tired” I sadly voice.

“You dance?” Hoya questions surprised at the sudden confession.

“Ne. I was in a dance group back home at my other university and now I joined another dance group here.”

“She’s pretty good” Sungyeol sheepishly comments with his ears turning a slight red at the tips.

“You’ve seen her dance?” the whole group asks stunned at the statement.

“I just showed him the point dance for Good Boy” I innocently mention.

“Apparently I was doing it wrong she says” Sungyeol says with sass.

“You were! Well I really have to go now before it gets any later. Thank you so much for the dinner and conversations. I had a lot of fun and it was nice meeting you all!” I say and bow.

“Your welcome! It was nice meeting you too” they all say.

“Wait! Before you leave I want to invite you to Sungyeol’s birthday dinner this Saturday” Sungjong tells me.

“Me?”

“Ne. Who else?”

“Would your mangers have a problem with it considering that I’m a fan?”

“Don’t worry about it! You are our friend now” Sungjong says.

“Aw, kamsahabnida. Sure, I’ll come!” I beam.

“Great! We’ll see you on Saturday!”

“Ne, thank you!” I bow and leave.

“Ya Sungjong! Come over here!” Sungyeol commands Sungjong to come into their shared room.

“Ne, hyung.”

“Why did you invite ____ this weekend without telling me?”

“Why? What’s the problem?” the maknae asks innocently.

“Well-” Sungyeol was cut off while trying to think of what to say next.

“If I’m not wrong hyung. I know that you want her there but were too shy to say anything which is why I said something. Your welcome.” Sungjong says leaving Yeollie to think alone in the room.

                With his bed conforming to his body, Sungyeol was staring at the dark ceiling and reflecting on the day’s events. He felt so small. He regretted not talking enough and making a fool out of himself in front of you. Sungyeol has never felt as confused with his emotions as he does now. He didn’t know what to think but one thing’s for sure and that is that he didn’t feel good seeing Hoya sitting beside you and the other members talking to you. I was her friend first! Who do they think they are trying to flirt with her and what not Sungyeol thought to himself. Little did Sungyeol know that he wasn’t the only person that had you running through their mind(s).