Chapter 7

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 7

      Today couldn’t come fast enough. Here I am in my favorite dance outfit (denim shorts, hot pink flowy tank top, a black and white plaid long sleeve shirt tied around my waist, black and white converse and my long hair flowing freely) and waiting in line for my turn to show them my dance. As I look around me I see people that are much more talented than me. Am I really wasting my time being here? I suddenly feel like going to the bathroom…

“________ ssi. Please come in. It’s your turn.”

Aigo. Just breathe girl. Well, here goes nothing

     When I walk in I see what I expected to see. It was a dance studio with a table full of judges. What I didn’t expect to see was a gorgeous guy sitting in the center with his full attention on me! Great now I really need to pee -_-

“Annyeonghaseyo *bows* Choneun  _______ ibnida. Please take good care of me.”

“Annyeong _____ ssi. I see from your application that you have prior dance experience.”

 “Ne. I was part of a dance group back at my other university.”

“I see. Why do you want to be a part of this dance team?”

“I want to be a part of the Fighting Dragons because dancing is my life. I feel like it’s as necessary for me as breathing is. I’m not really living if I’m not dancing. If I make the group I promise I will work hard. Kamsabnida *bows*

“Thank you ____ ssi. Please start when you are ready.”

Ok deep breath. You’ve done this before. It’s nothing new.

      Standing in front of the judges while waiting for my song to play was absolutely nerve wrecking! I haven’t even started dancing and I’m already sweaty.

*This is what you are dancing as your audition. It’s slightly loud so feel free to lower the volume:*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JW43FMhXgg

      Perspiring profusely and holding my end pose I look at the judges and none of them are saying anything.

Way to screw up! I knew I should have done an Infinite or BTS dance cover! I’m actually really good at those!

“Thank you so much _____ssi. Can I ask you a question” the gorgeous head judge asked me.

“Of course” I reply nervously.

“What was that style of dance that you just did called?”

“It’s reggaeton.”

“It’s Spanish, right?”

“Ye, it is.”

“Do you speak Spanish?”

“Ye, I do. I grew up with it.”

“Is that right” he says looking at his fellow members across the table while folding his arms across his chest.

“Ye” I respond still shaking from being asked questions.

“Well, thank you _____ssi. We’ll call you tomorrow with the results. You may leave.”

“Ye, kamsahabnida” I say while bowing.

“Your welcome” a cute judge with a great smile says while handing me my I-pod back.

                I take my I-pod back, bow, smile, and head out the door.