Chapter 20

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 20

“Alright crew! We have some announcements to make so listen up. The first one is to think of themes, dance moves, anything that you can think of to put into our dance routine for the upcoming battle by Monday. Next, is that we’re going to do something different for practice today. Instead of us showing you the dance and then practicing together at the end, we will split you all up into smaller groups. Each group will have one of us five teaching you the dance. Sounds good?” JB asks.

“Ye” everyone choruses together.

                Oh please anybody but Minho. Anybody but Minho! He doesn’t like me and he makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Hopefully I get put with Jiseok. He makes me nervous too but he’s the nicest out of all of them.

….

“Ok I’ll show you the dance once and then I’ll break it down” JB tells my group.

                Dang JB wasn’t kidding last practice when he said that things will only get harder after the first day. Great another long practice but on the bright side it’s one of my favorite songs. I guess that makes it better, right?

“Alright I’ll go step by step so follow along with me.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICRsP0_9DdA  (The song that you are practicing to)

                My body is covered in a layer of sweat and my throat is parched screaming out for a bottle of cold water. The dance itself wasn’t hard. It was the tutting section of the dance that was most difficult. However, that could be from having little experience with tutting.

“Great practice everyone! Remember to come up with ideas by Monday. Get back home safely. Kamsahamnida” JB announces.

“Ye” we all chorus together and left one by one.

“________ssi” JB rang out while I was picking my things up off the floor.

“Ne” I responded.

“Are you going back to your dorm?”

“Ne, I am.”

“Can I walk you back to your dorm? You you know since it’s late.” JB asks while scratching the back of his head and looking at the floor hiding his blush.

“Um, sure” I say smiling at him. I would normally reject but for some strange reason I can’t say no to JB.

“Jinjja?”

“Of course.”

“Great! Do you have all of your things?”

“Um… Ne, I do” I say as I look around making sure I didn’t leave anything behind.

“Alright let’s go” JB says while opening the door for me.

                The air outside feels so good on my body and mind, since the practice room was small and stuffy from all of the bodies perspiring at the same time. The sun was just setting painting the sky a golden hue accompanied with a single diamond.

“Here, let me carry one of your bags.” JB asks reaching for my backpack.

“Anni, it’s ok” I kindly reject his offer not wanting to burden him.

“Are you sure? Your bag looks heavy.”

“Ne, I’m sure but thank you for asking” I smile reassuringly.

“Your welcome. By the way I hope that dance practice wasn’t too hard on you today” JB says.

“It wasn’t too bad. The tutting was the most difficult part.”

“That’s understandable. Tutting takes a lot of practice and patience. I remember that it took me a long while to get it down.”

“Really? How long?”

“About a month.”

“That’s not too long. It would take me much longer than that.”

“I’m sure it wouldn’t take you that long. You are a great dancer with lots of potential. If if you want I can teach you some time” JB sheepishly says.

“You really think that I’m a great dancer” I ask in extreme shock that the captain of the best dance team on grounds thinks I’m a great dancer.

“Nne”

“Kamsahamnida” I blush. “Oh and I would love to learn how to tut sometime.”

“Just let me know when you’re free so we can set up a day.”

“Sure! By the way, do Jiseok and Minho always argue like that?”

“Pretty much” JB says sad that you would bring up Jiseok in front of him. “I hope that I didn’t scare you when I was scolding them earlier.

“Anni, you didn’t scare me at all. You had to do what you had to do in order to stop them from causing a bigger scene.”

“Thanks, by the way what are your plans this weekend?”

“I’m going to a friend’s birthday party. What about you?”

“Ah. I see… I don’t really have any plans right now” JB says with disappointment.

“Really? I’m sure something will come up. It’s hard to be bored here when there’s so much to do.”

“Haha that’s what you think since it’s your first time in Korea. After a while things can get old.”

“True but you can never go wrong with going out to dinner with your friends. Oh! We’ve reached my house already” I say standing in front of my grey gate. “Thanks for walking me home. It was really sweet of you” I wholeheartedly smile at him.

“It was nothing” JB responds with a smile kicking a small stone in front of him with his hands in his front pockets.

“Well, I’ll see you on Monday then.”

“Ne. Have a good night _____ssi.”

“Thanks, you too! Get back home safely.”

“I will!”

                I smile once again and say “Annyeong” before walking up the steps to my front door and walking in.

                Just what in the world happened today? Lunch was crazy with Jiseok and Minho, practice was tiring, and JB walked me home. I can’t help but wonder why JB would take me home. I know he said that it was late but he didn’t ask me the last time we had practice. What makes today different than last time and why was he acting shy around me? Is he normally like that? Also, why does my heart beat so abnormal when I’m around him? Hmmmm. It’s probably because he’s the captain, therefore he’s intimidating. Yup, that’s probably it!

Author’s Point of View

                In the midst of thinking about JB, your mind couldn’t help but wonder off to Sungyeol. That night you went to sleep smiling thinking about a certain someone…