Chapter 24

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 24

                It’s Monday once again and that means dance practice… Wooo! To say that my mind hasn’t been messed up since this weekend is a complete understatement. Not only did I have school work to do and find ideas for the dance, Sungyeol and I have been texting each other since that night. I honestly don’t know what to think. I should feel happy and excited to be texting my bias but I feel uneasiness from the bottom of my heart. I’m getting involved where I shouldn’t even have stepped foot.

“It’s great to see you all here” JB starts talking breaking me from my mental dilemma.

                After about a half hour of discussing possible ideas for the dance and not meeting satisfactory results as seen on the faces of F5, Minho looks at me and says “_______ care to share your ideas. I remember you saying that you have thought of some great ones.”

                *Gulp* Why is it that I get so scared when Minho says something or even looks at me??

“Umm. Well, you all have said that we need something different and new if we want to beat Black List.” Everyone in the room nods their heads encouraging me to continue, including F5. “So, I was thinking that maybe we should add some foreign music and dancing that’s not English to stand out. Something that no one here has heard of or seen before. We don’t want to do something that’s expected and done before.”

“What kind of music and dancing do you suggest?” Hojin asks.

“There are so many choices! There’s Bollywood, Polynesian, Latin American, the list goes on!”

“I love it! Now, that’s an idea!” Jiseok exclaims while clapping his hands and the rest of the dance crew nod their heads in approval.

“I’m not so sure if that’s a great idea” Minho states.

“Oh come on!! _________ is an expert when it comes to Latin American dancing! She will be able to train us all with no problem, right??” Jiseok looks at me expecting an answer.

“Me?...Sure” I respond nervously.

“JB??” Minho asks.

“If we want to beat Black List we need something different and I believe that ________ssi will be able to get us there. So, what do you say?”

“Well… If everyone agrees then I’m on board” I say uneasy.

“Ne!” everyone shouts minus Minho.

“Come on hyung!” Youngtae does his famous puppy dog eyes on Minho.

“Yeah, sure” Minho finally says.

“Yay!” everyone cheers.

“Since we have decided to go along with ______ssi’s idea. What kind of Latin American dancing should we do?” JB asks me.

“There’s so many to choose from considering that every country has different genres and styles. I feel like maybe you should listen and watch some videos to see what you would like to incorporate.”

“Awesome! So, _______ssi you will research and come up with a list of songs/dances that you like and the same goes for the rest of you with the other songs, arraso?” JB commands.

“Ye!”

“Good! I’ll see all of you on Wednesday! Have a good night.”

                With that final command everyone started grabbing their things and leaving the practice room.

“__________ssi!” JB says my name.

“Ye?”

“I’m sorry for leaving this huge responsibility on your shoulders. If you would like why don’t we have lunch tomorrow and you can show me some videos and music” JB suggests.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to take away your lunch time.” I say feeling bad.

“Don’t worry. You will actually be saving me from having to parent the trouble makers” JB jokes.

“Jeje. Well, if you put it that way then sure” I smile giggling at the cute statement. JB really is like the father of the group but who’s the mother? Probably Jiseok considering how much he nags and butts in all the time. I didn’t realize I was giggling until JB says “What’s so funny?”

“She’s laughing at your ugly face!” Jiseok remarks sticking his head into the room. I thought he left already?

“Ya!! Come back here!!” JB yells chasing Jiseok around.

“___________ save me!! Save me _______!” Jiseok yells like a damsel in distress using me as his shield against JB.

“Ayyyy! Jiseok!!” I laugh out loud as he is holding onto my shoulders and moving me from side to side to block JB.

“You’re doing a fantastic job!! Hyung will never hurt me if you’re in between us!” Jiseok says.

“So, you’re using me, a girl, as your shield?” I sarcastically question.

“Don’t worry! JB will never hurt you! He has a weakness for pretty girls” Jiseok says making JB freeze in his steps and turn red.

“Told ya!” Jiseok whispers in my ear and bolts out the door.

“Umm don’t listen to what he said… He’s being stupid like usual…No! I didn’t mean that! You’re pretty…but uh…” JB murmurs defeated.

“It’s ok. No harm done” I shyly respond with my pink hued cheeks. “I better get going. See you tomorrow!”

“See you tomorrow. Walk back safely” JB says.

“Thanks. You too” I finally say and head on to my apartment.

                JB wanted nothing more than to walk you back safely to your apartment but considering how he made a complete idiot out of himself he couldn’t bear to face you. So, he decided on sending you a text asking if you had made it safely home. His heart was at peace when you said that you have.