Chapter 17

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 17

“Hhhello. Um can I help you” a surprised looking Hoya says in his Engrish accent.

“Aaneonghaseyo. Sorry to bother you but is Sungyeolssi here” I asked timidly and nervously.

“Ne. Just one moment” Hoya said going back inside and calling Sungyeol.

I’m in utter disbelief that I just talked to Hoya! I admire Hoya so much as a dancer. I had the hardest time deciding on a bias for Infinite because of those two. One day I made up my mind on Hoya and then Sungyeol just decided to make things difficult for me by saying “____ please choose me as your bias. Please choose me-“

“_______! What brings you here?” Sungyeol questions me in a surprised chirpy tone snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Sorry to bother you but I just wanted to return you your shirt that you let me borrow. Don’t worry I washed it so it’s clean.”

“You didn’t have to do that. You could have just kept it you know. Or did you just want an excuse to see me?” Sungyeol cheekily remarked.

“Well, it didn’t feel right keeping something that wasn’t mine” I say while blushing.

“Uh huh. Well, thank you!”

“Your welcome. Oh! These are also for you” I said while handing him the bag with his shirt and the cookies as well as a cup of coffee. Sungyeol looked in disbelief as I was handing him everything. “I believe I owed you a coffee, right” I ask with a smile.

“Yes. Yes, you do because I didn’t get to drink my coffee that day” he said with a serious face but I knew that he was joking.

                I couldn’t do anything but giggle and smile at the situation.

“We’re just about to have dinner. Come and join us” Sungyeol invites me.

“Oh no! I wouldn’t want to impose.”

“Don’t be silly! Come!” He said while opening the door for me and waiting for me to go in.

                My gosh! Otteoke!?! Should I go in? My head is telling me that I shouldn’t be ridiculous and go in but it seems that my feet have other plans as they always do and start walking me inside the house.

                When I walk in six pair of eyes are gazing over at me and I immediately become extremely self-conscious.

“Aaanyeonghaseyo! Choneun _____ ibnida” I greet.

“Anyeonghaseyo” the group choruses together and introduce themselves individually.

“Nice to meet you all” I bow.

“Why don’t you sit down and I’ll get the food” Sungyeol tells me.

“Kamsabnida” I say.

“______ssi you can sit here” Sungjong tells me while sliding over and patting the empty seat next to him and Hoya.

“Kamsabnida.”

“Ye” Sungjong smiles warmly at me.

                Once I sit down things are a little awkward because everyone is staying quiet and not saying anything.

“Ehem” Woohyun clears his throat and says “So, _____ssi where are you from?”

“I’m from _________.”

“That’s cool! What brings you-”

“Studying and adventure” Sungyeol says setting the food and my plate down on the table.

“Ne, what Sungyeol said” I smile.

“Sorry that we didn’t make anything fancy for dinner” Sungkyu says in disappointment in the choice of having ramyeon.

“Don’t be sorry. You didn’t know that I was coming over. Besides I love ramyeon” I say with a huge grin on my face hoping to loosen their embarrassment.

“Move over Hoya. I was going to sit there” Sungyeol says.

“I was here first” Hoya defends.

“But I was going to sit there.”

“You didn’t say anything before I sat here.”

“I can move if you want” I try to reason so they can stop arguing.

“It’s ok _____ ssi. Sungyeol can sit beside me” Sungkyu says.

“But hyung” Sungyeol whines.

“No buts! Can’t you see you’re making ______ssi uncomfortable?”

“Anni I’m fine. He wasn’t making me uncomfortable.”

        Still defeated even though you defended him, Sungyeol slumps over and sits down beside the leader feeling bitter that he can’t sit beside you.