Chapter 23

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 23

“Hmm… Sorry but I’m not saying.”

“Aw. Waeyo??” Woohyun asks.

“Because I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings.”

“You won’t hurt anyone’s feelings” Dongwoo says.

“Well, just in case I’ll keep it a secret.”

“What about K-Pop in general” Sungkyu asks.

“If that’s the case then I would have to choose Donghaessi.”

“Donghae?!?” Sungyeol remarks surprised.

“Ne, Donghaessi.”

“Why Donghae” Hoya questions.

“Because he has all of the qualities that I like in a guy.”

“Which are?” Sungjong inquires.

“He’s super sweet and caring, well-mannered, funny, hardworking, and a great singer and dancer” I say. I could have gone on and on but it might be awkward to fangirl in front of a bunch of boys. Therefore, I had to restrain myself.

“So those are the qualities that you want your boyfriend to have?”

“Ne, it would be nice but I’m not picky.”

“I see.”

“How’s your dancing going?” Hoya asks.

“It’s going well. I haven’t danced in over a year so it feels really good to be back” I smile.

“Ah, why did you stop?”

“Oh, you know school work” I lie remembering my ex-boyfriend.

“That’s understandable. I’m glad that you’re dancing again” Hoya shyly smiles.

“Thank you. I’m glad too.”

“I’m sorry ______ssi but you have to go home now. The boys have an early schedule tomorrow” their manager says from the door.

“It’s ok. I was just about to leave since it’s late anyways” I say while getting up, removing the blanket that Sungyeol got me to cover my legs while I was sitting because I’m in a skirt.

“I’ll walk you out” Sungyeol says.

“Gomawo! Thank you so much for inviting me over. I had a great time” I smile.

“Your welcome! Thanks for coming! I’m sure Sungyeol reeeeeeeally appreciates it” L smirks.

“No problem. It was my pleasure. Annyeong!” I bow and leave.

“Thanks for coming over ____ and for my presents” Sungyeol tells me as we wait outside for my cab.

“Your welcome. I’m really glad that you like them” I blush.

“I really did, thank you” Sungyeol thanks me again.

“Jeje no problem” I giggle with a smile.

“So, the weather’s really nice tonight” Sungyeol says mentally scolding himself a second later for coming up with the lamest line in the book.

“It is! It’s really clear too so you can see the moon and stars” I say in delight.

“There are so many of them out tonight. I usually don’t see this many.”

“Really? This makes me miss my home. On clear nights like this you can even see part of the Milky Way.”

“Woah! You can really see part of the Milky Way?”

“Ne. Remember that I’m from a rural town so there’s not much light pollution.”

“Right. It’s really nice to see this in Seoul.”

“I bet! I’m sure if you go to a rural town here you will be able to see part of the Milky Way too.”

“There’s a good chance. Why don’t you join me-“

“Oh! My cab’s here”

                Damn it! Stupid cab didn’t let me finish what I wanted to say!! Sungyeol curses in his head.

“Thank you for tonight Sungyeol! I hope that you had a great birthday!” I smile avoiding giving him a hug given the incident earlier.

“You don’t need to thank me. I should be thanking you for coming” he says smiling.

“Well, your welcome. See you later” I respond and start walking to my cab.

“Wait!! ________!” I hear Sungyeol shouting behind me. “Ne?” I ask confused.  

“I… Um… Can I… Can I have your phone number” Sungyeol stutters while looking at the ground.

                Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? Sungyeol, the Lee Sungyeol wants my phone number??

“Ummm. Sure” I say after regaining my breath.

“Really?” Sungyeol chokes out.

“Of course.”

                With that Sungyeol takes out his cell phone and puts in your phone number.

“Thanks_______! Get back home safely!” Sungyeol says to me before giving me a hug and opening the cab door for me.

“Your welcome” I say getting in trying to hide my rosy red cheeks.

                What in the name of kimchi just happened?? Did I make a mistake in giving Sungyeol my number? I told myself NO relationships while I’m here in Korea. Buuuuuut then again he’s not interested in me, so it’s ok. Good! I don’t need things to get complicated. We’re just friends nothing more, nothing less.

Text message: Have a good night! Sweet dreams!

Mystery Guy’s Point of View

                ___________ssi is so beautiful. But not only is she beautiful she’s really intelligent too! I feel so crazy knowing that I’ve fallen for her in such a short amount of time. No matter how much I try to talk myself out of it I fail miserably. I tell myself that I‘m probably nervous because she’s a girl and nothing more. However, my heart beats so fast I feel like I’m having a heart attack every time she smiles or laughs. I feel myself enchanted by everything she does, especially looking at her foreign colored eyes. Unfortunately, I feel like I’m not the only one who feels the same way about _________ssi. Ah! Once again this will be another sleepless night with my thoughts wondering over to her.