Chapter 27

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 27

“So the movie was nice” JB states awkwardly playing with the silver ring that he always wears.

“Ne, it was really funny.”

“It was.”

“Here’s the samgyeopsal and side dishes that you ordered” the kind ahjumma says setting all of the plates on the table.

“Thank you” JB and I synchronize.

“Ne! Enjoy your meal.”

“Um. Let me cook the meat” JB says grabbing the tongs that I was just about to grab myself.

“Oh, thank you.”

Author’s Point of View

                Dinner has been quiet as there is still awkwardness in the air between the two. JB not wanting to keep things like that decides to speak up.

Regular Point of View

“So, what are your plans for tomorrow?” JB asks finally breaking the silence.

“Homework” I respond sadly. “What about you?”

“Yeah, I have homework too and I’ll probably be at the studio.”

“Dancing I assume?”

“Yup” JB says as he chews on his pork meat.

“You’re always dancing. Now, I know where to go if I need to find you.”

Cough Cough

“JB! Are you ok?” I say in a panic trying to hand him his drink.

“I’m fine cough ______” he says with his ears reddening.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, don’t worry” JB says with a smile to ease your worry.

“Good! I was really worried” I say with my racing heart slowing down back to normal.

“Sorry for scaring you.”

“It’s okay. I’m just glad that you’re fine” I say meeting his eyes relieved. Breaking eye contact I take another bite of my dinner and say “So, do you think that we can beat Black List? Competition is only a few weeks away.”

“It’ll be difficult but not impossible. I believe in our team.”

“It’s nice to know we have a great a captain to count on” I smile.

“Thanks” JB shyly smiles back.

“Thanks for everything JB. I had a great day” I tell JB as we reach my and Mina’s apartment.

“Your welcome! I’m glad that you had a good time.”

“I did… Well, I’ll see you Monday. Get back to your apartment safely”

“I will.  See you Monday!” JB says and starts walking back home.

Heol! What a day?!?