Call me Daddy: 24

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



24 | The Twins

 

 

Mr. Im was having his lunch meal for the past 15 minutes now when he suddenly spotted someone - no, a couple, walking in to the same restaurant. A french restaurant precisely. He quickly check on his face through his phone and make sure he was handsome enough. After then, he got up and fixed his suit and hair, before he finally approached the couple.

 

"Whoa! what a pleasant surprise. You guys are here, Huh?" He brightly greeted them. 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo exchange gazes for a while before they eventually greeted back the friendly chairman of Im Real Estates Group and Im Internationals.

 

"Wow. How have you been?" It was Mrs. Seo who ask, happy to see an old friend.

 

"Honey, I think you should ask how is his business doing? I've been hearing about your expansion to United States. Your Real Estate company. How true is this? You should share some blessings to us, as well." Mr. Seo answered with a quirky smile in his face. 

 

Mr Im grinned widely. "I don't think it's safe to talk about business my in laws. We should have a seat and talk about our daughters." He then approached a table and pulled the chair. "May we?" offering them for a seat.

 

Without a doubt, Mr. and Mrs. Seo are all smiling as they complied to an old friend's offer.

 

"And why are you talking about daughters? What do you mean in laws?" Mr. Seo ask, confusedly. He wasn't old enough to think a bit suspicious towards his friend's words.

 

"Yeah -- but speaking about our daughter. Do you know that we just meet her 2 weeks ago? Aigoo, still so stubborn to go back." Mrs. Seo shakes her head, disappointingly.

 

Mr. Im had his moment of silence for a while, as he thought for the words to say in direct. And when he got it, he didn't hesitates to say, "Your daughter and my daughter, Im Yoona... they're apparently dating for a month and a week now." he wiggles his eyebrows as he continued, "That makes us in laws."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Are you serious?" Mrs. Seo gasped, never thought Seohyun would be dating an Im.

 

"Are you guys blind? Yoona and Daniel is on a show. Have you guys haven't even thought your daughter would be most spending time with Yoona... off cam?" Mr. Im is really so loving the idea of her daughter dating her friend's daughter. "Dang, I thought at first the pictures that Yoona's Agency sent to me are photoshopped. But when my daughter herself confirmed they're dating, Oh Gosh, the heaven just made a miracle." He exaggeratedly said with his hands in the air.

 

Still in shock, Mr. and Mrs. Seo looked each other, couldn't still believe the information they just heard. They thought Seohyun still loves Yul, who was apparently the father of her twins. Unbelievable.

 

"But I just heard... Seohyun has a child already? And Yul is the father? This is actually a bit surprise for me. I don't know Yul and Seohyun were lovers before she meet my daughter." stated Mr. Im, truthfully.

 

"How do you know Yul, too?" Mrs. Seo confusedly ask. If Yoona and Seohyun are dating, why is Yul being involed still? "They do know each other?"

 

"Well, Kwon Yul. He's... my wife's son from her other husband before I meet her. Yeah, something like that." Mr. Im said softly, he didn't even denied his late wife's son to another man.

 

Mr. Im was shaking his head, "This is ridiculous. Yul and Yoona are siblings - you were saying?"

 

"And they both like our daughter? Oh God, I should talk to Seohyun about this." Mrs. Seo can't help it and get worry about her only daughter.

 

"Kwon Yul is the son of the chairman of Kwon Internationals. Hotel and Resorts Company, right? He own that Bluemoon Hotel. And his father was the reason why our daughter was kick out from her job." Mr. Seo informed, a bit mad because his only daughter was so great in her job, yet, she was kicked out just because she was Yul's ex girlfriend.

 

"What? I... I didn't know that. I mean, I only know Yoona and your daughter is dating. That's... that was Yoona mentioned... " Mr Im had a sheepish smile, didn't expect it would turn like that.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo sighed at the same time - as they know the situation is complicated enough for them to worry on their daughter.

 

 

 

 

[Yonsei University]

 

 

"Wow. Nice. Awesome!"

 

"What? Are you insulting me?" Yoona playfully raised her voice once she heard Seohyun is praising her grades in their semi finals. Especially in history.

 

Seohyun giggles and put Yoona's card down. "I'm not insulting you. Why would I do that? I was just praising you because you improved. Look at your midterm and compared to semi finals. Our presentations the last time really did well. Thanks to your girlfriend." she winks in the process.

 

"Thanks to you? It should be - thanks to my dedication. I got this higher than my midterm." Yoona said, sticking her tongue out. 

 

Seohyun hissed and ignored Yoona. She took her card and sneak it back to her notebook, took Yoona's too and put it on the latter's notebook before she could got up, carrying three books in her arms. "I'll go ahead. Make sure to-"

 

"No wait! I still have an hour before my schedule. I'll walk you to the library first." Taking her girlfriend's hand with hers, Yoona intertwine their hands and dragged her out the class room. Heck, they immediately let go once they're in the hallway. Just walking side by side, students are staring at them though.

 

A bit awkward to the people's stares, Seohyun swiftly walk faster than Yoona, leaving her behind, so they weren't obvious at all. She's on the way to the library, which indicates she's back on her work in the library again.

 

The doe-eyed girl somehow opened her phone and called her girlfriend's number.

 

"We are already too obvious though, no need to be like that." She said, as she stopped and turned to a bulletin board.

 

[It was you who said that paparazzi are just around. I just want to be careful. I think we really shouldn't be seeing each other in University either.]

 

"Heh? Yah! You're my classmate in History, of course we can't avoid that."

 

[Listen, my son is also getting the idea of our relationship. Shouldn't we also stop seeing each other in front of him?]

 

"Is that a joke?"

 

A couple of seconds of silence, Seohyun did laugh out loud. [Hahaha! I'm really good at joking. I can't believe this. Hahaha!]

 

Yoona wasn't even smiling. She wore a poker face instead. "You know, I should meet a psychiatrist and ask If I am not dating a stupid girl."

 

[Is that also a joke?]

 

"No. A warning. Hehe... " Yoona snickered, amuse with her own joke.

 

[Awkward... ]

 

"Geez, look at this baby - there's a concert happening next week!" Yoona exclaimed, as she finally made a reaction to a poster hanging in their bulletin board. "And you know what date is it?"

 

[Concert? What kind of music are they playing?]

 

"Yah! Ask me what date is it first!!!" Yoona whine like a child.

 

[Tell me what music are they playing first!]

 

"No! ask me first Baby!!!" 

 

[Okay, what date?] Seohyun was chuckling over the next line.

 

Yoona has the biggest smile ever painted across her face once she says, "30.5.15."

 

[May 30, 2015? Is that what you are trying say?]

 

"Yeah~ Oh gooooosh!!!" Yoona is shaking her entire body, as if she felt so excited. "I love the band!!! I want to see it baby~"

 

[Wow. You love the band more than celebrating your birthday, eh?]

 

"Yeah!!! Oh em gee!!! So you remember my birthday?" Yoona can't help it and yelled out.

 

[What the... who wouldn't? I even remember the time we first meet -- and this? Are you offending me?]

 

Yoona jumps up and down, out of happiness. "I wanna see them baby!!! Let's go and see this baaaand!!!"

 

[I seriously can't believe you are fan-girling over a band. This is the first time you are showing this to me. Oh, telling me this. Hehe... ]

 

Composing back herself, Yoona replied, "The band is 5 seconds of summer, who wouldn't fan girl over them? They're freaking international band! I can't let this pass!"

 

[...]

 

Yoona's eyes rolled. "You don't know the band?"

 

[I only know Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Beyonce, Sam Smith, Jessie J, and my favorite, Taylor Swift .]

 

"They're not rock band."

 

[I know. Hehe... ]

 

Yoona sighed, realizing she and Seohyun has different styles of music they listen. However, that doesn't matter. "You will still see this with me... right?" much to her surprised, the call ended. "What the... " which she instantly calls her back. 

 

"Baby-"

 

[I'm sorry, I accidentally press the end button. Anyway, about the concert. I'll see what I can do. You know I have my son. I think concerts are normally done at night.]

 

"That's easy! We are going there with him. Let's also invite Paul. That would be really a great celebration of my birthday."

 

[Yeah, I like that idea. Okay, let's go together. The kids will be so excited when they know this.]

 

"Hehe, I can't wait for that day."

 

[Me too. Anyway, aren't you coming in the library?]

 

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have 30 minutes. I'm comiiiiiing~!!!" Without a doubt, Yoona ended the call and excitedly skips her way to the library.

 

 

 

 

 

Few hours later after Seohyun ended her work in the library, she entered a coffee shop to buy her son's favorite cake as his dessert later their supper. Since it's a coffee shop in the University, it wasn't a surprise for her when she couldn't see an empty space. And there's queue even going on for take out orders. She queued, and waited for a couple of minutes before it's her turn. 

 

"Carrot cake please. Take out." she said and pay on her order. "Um, hold on a second. One whole cake of that please." she added and at the same time added her money. She almost forgot she's taking Paul with her to the apartment. While her order was being process, she happened to turned to her left and immediately recognized a certain tan guy, alone in his table, facing his laptop. She quietly squint her eyes to the latter, observing him for a while. What she noticed, he cut his hair a little. And then, he was wearing an ID of Yonsei's medicine department. Not to mention, he's wearing his obvious blue uniform - as in he's attending medicine in Yonsie. But above all the things she noticed, her two books that was on his table made her realized she forgot to get her book when they meet earlier.

 

"Miss! Aren't you picking your cake?"

 

Seohyun snapped back to reality, as she quickly took the box of cake and bowed in apologies to the girl. She hastily left the shop, a scolding herself. Heck, she find herself stopping and turned back her attention to Yul inside. The latter was still so busy, reading something on his device. She's so wanted to get her books. But - "Aish. Just get the books. Then leave." she just changed her mind. Going back to the coffee shop, she quickly approached the tan guy. "Excuse me? Um... Yul?"

 

Yul's attention automatically averted to the person standing in front of him. And that moment then, his heart skipped a beat upon finding himself staring into the pair of beautiful eyes. "Ha-Hi. S-Seohyun-ah... how- I mean, what got you here?" He must admit, Seohyun is still so pretty. She didn't even change from the first time he met her.

 

"Um, m-my books. You... you keep it. I'd like to take it back." Seohyun smiled nervously. It must be because, she hasn't seen him for a while. And yet, she was reminded by her harsh words towards the young man. "That's if... you're not going to use it? Or are you?"

 

"Ah yeah, I'm sorry. I honestly look for you around the campus, but I thought of attending my classes so I forgot. Um, here." Yul casually took the books and give it to Seohyun. The girl gladly took it back and bowed a little at him. "It's nice to see you back." He flashed a friendly smile.

 

Seohyun just also smiled and turned around, ready to leave when her curiosity just overcomes her. She her back and take her seat across him. She put the box of cake and the books on the table before asking, "About what-"

 

"Forget about it. Don't think it anymore Hyun. I accepted it. But like I've said... I won't stop until you forgive me. And... I want to see my son... if that's okay with you." Yul softly said, as he smiled in amusement to the girl's frowning face. He just shrugs and focus something on his laptop.

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip for a couple of seconds. She played on it for a little while, couldn't find the right words to say again. It was in her head earlier, but surprisingly it disappeared. Sighing in defeat, she was about to leave when the idea finally went back. She changed her mind and quickly speak up.

 

"Are you studying here?" or rather, she curiously wanted to know if the latter truly is attending school again.

 

"Yup." Yul simply said.

 

"And you are..."

 

"Taking up medicine. Like I've always wanted to." Yul finished Seohyun's words. Taking a glimpse to the girl. "And you are nursing." 

 

Seohyun simply nodded.

 

"That's really good for you. I mean... after all these years... I kind of remember the past. But anyway, about Yoona... you guys-"

 

"Speaking of Yoona. Um, she was just being playful. I hope you don't put any negative on it." Seohyun interrupted, hoping the latter didn't think of it much. "You know, Yoona is really... choding."

 

"So the rumors are really true. You two are close now... since Daniel is with Yoona." Yul didn't even felt any wrong of their closeness. At first he thinks he has his sister as a rival, but it seems they're just really close.

 

Seohyun shyly smiled. "Yeah, kind of. I don't think there's wrong about it... right?"

 

Yul shrugs his shoulders simply. Then he returned his eyes back to the screen of his laptop. Yet, he can't help it and looked over the young girl again. He felt so odd, watching her all this shy unlike the last time they had a talk. Well, he can't also help his heart beat nervously. He really still loves her. 

 

"Yul..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What's with your bandage?"

 

His eyes jus literally went large and he turned to his right arm. His bandaged over his right shoulder blade was a bit shown on his upper arm. Quick, he took his suit jacket and wear it with care. He didn't miss and flash an awkward smile to the young girl before taking his seat again.

 

"What happened to you during the week that past?" An obvious concerned look was all over Seohyun's face. She saw how Yul just covered his bandage. It seems that, he is hiding something. "Was this... the reason you... "

 

"Just had a fight, something like that." Yul said with a sheepish smile.

 

Seohyun wasn't convinced somehow. She suddenly moves closer and held his right forearm. "Can I see it?"

 

"No. It's okay. It's healing now. No need-"

 

"Just quick." Seohyun didn't let Yul continue his words as she quickly rolled the latter's sleeve up. 

 

"Um, fine." Yul stopped the girl, before she could continue. Their eyes meet for a couple of seconds only. As then, he decided to take the jacket off of him. He rolled the little sleeve and showed the bandage.

 

"Oh God, what - what made it like this?" Seohyun gasped, almost thought it was only a little. It was seemed like the shoulder blade that has the wound. "How did you manage to endure the pain? It looks so deep Yul."

 

Yul rolled the sleeve back and answered, "Just some drank costumers in my friend's club - hit me with a bottle. I didn't see it coming, so it's a sort of deep indeed. But it's okay, no bones was fractured. Just a week of rest and It's okay."

 

"Aigoo, no wonder you were missing for a whole week. I thought I could see you still since you said those words." Seohyun sighed. "I didn't know, this would turn out worse. I hope you avoid getting into a fight now."

 

"You were... expecting me?" Yul feels like a new hope had shone inside his heart after hearing it from the young girl.

 

Seohyun shyly smiled, realizing all her words. "Don't get me wrong. I mean, of course I would - because you and Yoona are siblings. And I'm working there. In the Im Mansion."

 

"I see." Yul nod his head lightly. "Um, by the way, I mentioned Daniel earlier. Can you... change your mind a little bit? I want to know my son. Well, at least as a friend, I wanna know him more." He might be sound desperate, but as man, who missed to see his child growing up, he want to feel being a father for himself at least. "Please?"

 

Seohyun doesn't know how to react. The way Yul is staring at her, it is slowly melting her. He was begging - like he did the week that past. However, something has change on him. He's more than determined and sincere now. Looking into his whole being, he even decided to study medicine. It's like he is really starting to change his path. It made her felt more bad. Thus, heart is starting to get confuse. Must be of his  will to see Daniel more. It was also her fault she let him play with him. Yul must have like him really  well. Would she allow him? Or not?

 

"I promise, I won't tell him. I won't-"

 

"Let's make a deal then." said Seohyun, after a moment of silence thinking over the situation.

 

Yul's face certainly brightens. "Y-Yeah... s-sure."

 

"Daniel, he's... he's a type of a kid that won't trust anybody that instant. But since... since you want to know him, I'll let you. Every weekend, you can take him. But give me a call first if you want to take him with you. And only from nine to before lunch. I don't want to see him always play. Don't just take him because you want to play with him. Take him somewhere he'll be interested with like... art gallery or whatsoever -- just something that would educate him."

 

"I'm the father, of course I know something like that." Yul gleefully answered. He was really glad Seohyun has change her mind. Well, it's going be the first step for making his life meaningful, other than being his father's puppet. "You know, the week that I've not seen you really helps me to think of myself and... me being a father to a 4 year old kid.

 

"And like you said, don't tell him you're the father. I'll be really selfish with this, I hope you don't mind."

 

"Will you change your mind for that?" Yul grinned playfully.

 

Seohyun wasn't amuse. She just looked at Yul with a pout.

 

"Haha! I'm just kidding. Of course, I won't. Hearing this from you, I think I should be grateful." Yul chuckles heartily.

 

"Promise me to take care of him, Okay?"

 

Taking Seohyun's pinky promise, Yul entangled it with his own. "I'll behave. That's a promise, Hyun. And thank you for giving me this chance. This means so much." He charmingly smiled at her.

 

Seohyun did smile, but she quickly retracted her hand and get up. She picked up the books and the box of cake then bowed. "I hope you recover fast as well, Yul." she casually just left Yul alone without waiting for any of his response.

 

Yul has a wide smile across his face after Seohyun had left. He can't believe he lied to Seohyun though. The wound on his shoulder isn't from a costumer's hit on him -- it's his father who did it.

 

Spotting someone from outside, he felt a little familiarity until it made him realized, she was that bodyguard his assistant had mentioned. "Tae... yeon?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter