Cheerleader: 32

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

32 | Set up

 

***

 

Quiet and heavy atmosphere -- Yoona pulled over the car in front of an ice cream parlor despite the nag from her girlfriend earlier that they should be heading home straight. She brushes off that and went out the car, heading hastily to the ice cream parlor. 

 

Unfortunately, she suddenly had another problem. She barely could remember the ice cream she ate. It's like a combination of flavors as far as she can remember.

 

"Watermelon? I'm sure it's watermelon…. But what's the other two flavors?" Yoona was about to go back to the car when she changed her mind, knowing her girlfriend would just ignore her. She hissed and just went back. She can see varieties of flavors, including watermelon. But to her dismay, they don't seem to have mix flavors. "Watermelon ice cream please." So she just ordered it. "I think she will love this." while she's waiting, she keeps on peeking outside, hoping at least the younger girl would go out. But since the car is tinted, she really can't find any hints of it. Seohyun, her sudden childishness is causing her frustrations, at the same time, she feels like a bad girlfriend for making her cry. "It's just an ice cream, why is she like that?" Heck, she really can't understand. She needed some explanations later. But for now, making up with her is her focus.

 

After getting the ice cream, she went back to the car and wanted to give it immediately to her girlfriend, but much to her dismay, she was greeted by her stern look. Although they're adorable, she's still not safe. She shrugs that off and put on a big smile. "Your favorite." As she handed it to the latter. "Here, while it's not still melting."

 

Seohyun is still not in the mood and ignores the new ice cream. They're not the mix flavor she likes so how can it lift up her mood? She shrugs her shoulders and her back, facing the window car. "Just get us home!" And commanded firmly.

 

"You're not going to take this?!" Yoona groaned in frustration.

 

"I said I am not in the mood anymore!"

 

"How can I get it back, then?"

 

Seohyun did not answer. It made Yoona more frustrated. She instead eat the ice cream to herself to give herself a break. She didn't know it's hard to please the younger girl. To think, this is the first time she's acting weirdly. But yeah, it's also her fault. She ate her ice cream. And right now, she's eating again.

 

"Do you want to go on an Amusement Park? You know, we haven't gone there... I mean here in our country." She tried her luck after she finished the ice cream.

 

Seohyun moves her shoulders without saying a word.

 

"Um, movies? You know there's a new romantic movie." She put on a big smile which Seohyun can see through the side view mirror. But she failed when the girl rolled her eyes. 'Aish, so stubborn. But patience is a virtue Yoona. Patience.' She decided to turn on the engine again and drives them off carefully. "Let's go catch up with the festival then."

 

"No. I want to go home now."

 

"But it's still so early to go home, Peng. Let's go somewhere instead of the festival then." Yoona however doesn't like to go back yet. It will be boring only if they stay in the palace for the rest of the day. Receiving a silent treatment, she just smile and do her thing. Since she did not complain anymore.

 

After 30 minutes of drive only, Yoona pulled the car over in the side of the street. She unbuckled her own seatbelt and did it also for her sulky girlfriend. She stepped out of the car and jogs hastily to the side of her girlfriend. She opened it for me and held out her hand toward her. "Let's go and have some fun window shopping." Grinne her so wide.

 

"I'm not going out." Heck, only to be rejected. Seohyun's arms are crossed again and her face is still sulking. She did not even care to look at her girlfriend who had been pleasing her.

 

"You are not really coming out?" Yoona had enough. She put on a fierce look while she put her hands on her waist.

 

Seohyun stubbornly shook her head.

 

"Fine." However, Yoona always finds herself giving in. She can't force someone if she doesn't want to go with her after all. "You stay here then and I'm going to have some fun here in Myeondung." She said and closes the door. Turning around takes few steps only as she stopped and looked back to the car. "Aish!" Stomping her feet frustratingly, she decided to walk away entirely. But instead of having fun, here she is, keeps on mumbling her girlfriend's name. "Seo Penguin I hate you. Seo Penguin I hate you so much. I hate you, I hate you, I hate youuuuuu!!!" She eventually yelled in the middle of the crowd. Some looked at her while others just ignored.

 

"Aigoo, maybe this will work." Upon spotting an game center building, she decided to try her luck in lifting up the mood of the stubborn princess. Out of all the machine she found around, she ends up trying to catch some stuff toys in a claw machine.

 

Yoona couldn't believe and she's doing this kind of game again. The last time she played the machine, she was still in high school, with her friends. Every time they feel like skipping the class.

 

On her first try, she did failed to get that pikachu stuff toy, causing for her to groan. But she tried again, with full focus this time. Biting on her lower lip, she eyed still the same stuff toy and carefully moves the claw. "Come on baby. Come to YoonAsh. Come to me baby..." She held her breath when the claw open and slowly clipped into the stuff toy. " yes." He couldn't hold back and cursed after it successfully caught the said stuff toy. She hastily took it and put it in the side. "The Penguin will really love this. Her stuff toy will have friends now." Got inspired with her first stuff toy, She tossed coins again to try another luck. And that third try of her ends up to at least 40 times.

 

Out of those times, she got pikachu, charmander, bulbasaur, clefairy, jigglypuff, psyduck, squirtle, and wartorlte. Basically she's like catching the pokemon stuff toys only like Ash in the famous anime series. 

 

Yoona is a happy kid, as she walked out the arcade center carrying the plastic bag with her stuff toys inside of it on her back. Whilst, wearing the a pokemon hat and enjoying a lollipop sticking from . As if she's the new Ash in town.

 

As she got back in the car, Seohyun is still in her seat, listening now with some music through the car's radio. But the younger girl hastily turned it off as soon as she arrived.

 

"What took you so long? I was so bored here!" Seohyun suddenly yelled, earning a surprise look from her girlfriend. She sighed and shrugs her shoulders. "Let's just home. I am tired of this." she had mentally scolded herself from blurting those words in front of her girlfriend.

 

Yoona blinked for once... twice and thrice. As apparently, it caught her off guard the sudden out burst again. Heck, it only tells her her girlfriend was missing her. 'She got bored, that means, she's really waiting for me.' she grinned as she slowly understands this now. Her sulky girlfriend is playing hard to get. Who knows, she was already okay since then, but she's just being stubborn and played with her? Or what?

 

"I played a claw crane machine. And got 8 stuff toys. Peng has friends now, Seo Penguin." So she continued pleasing the latter. Sooner or later, she will give in. "Look, Pikachu." she began showing the stuff toys like a happy kid. "Charmander, jigglypuff... blah... blah.. and wartortle. Aren't they the cutest? They're all so fluffy." she hugs them all while flashing her infamous choding smile.

 

Seohyun glances to those fluffy stuff toys. But she only noticed the other small plastic bag. "What are those?" she dryly asked, pointing on it.

 

"Oh, lollipop. Want some, Peng?" Yoona offered. Seohyun snatch the plastic and her back. "Aigoo, my pokemon Seo Penguin is so cute." she patted her head like a kid.

 

"Let's just go home." Again, Seohyun said the same words before she put the lollipop into . Unconsciously, her smile slowly went back to her lips. Yet, she couldn't show it yet to the doe-eyed girl. She's still sulking about her ice cream. But at least, Yoona is slowly breaking it with a lollipop.

 

Yoona sure with her theory. Yet, she doesn't want to ruin it. "Where are we going next?" She asked, after putting the stuff toys at the back. But she heard nothing except for the constant plop sound coming from the younger girl. She's making some sound while enjoying the lolipop. 'Eh? Is it working with a lollipop?' Yoona grinned inwardly, happy to see the latter's back, but she's obviously enjoying the lollipop.

 

"Oh." Suddenly, she thought of transferring her pokemon cap. She grabs her baseball cap from Seohyun's head and put it on her. Seohyun glances at her and took the cap to check it. "Since I enjoyed catching some pokemons on the claw crane alone, just keep it. Hmm? For my beautiful Seo Penguin." She flashed a charming smile before she finally the engine and drives them off again.

 

Seohyun couldn't form any word to react, except for, she wore the cap Yoona gave and lean into her seat again.

 

-

 

Instead going to the palace, Yoona once again stopped the car at the side of the street. By this time, it's one of the places in Seoul where street foods can be found. 

 

"You wait there. This will be quick." And knowing she will only hear a quiet response, she voluntarily left the car.

 

Seohyun whose mouth is busy with a lollipop was left dumbfounded. She didn't expect Yoona would leave right away without convincing her first. She wonders, why did she stopped them again? She left her and the car in front of a convenience store but she did not enter it. Instead, it looks like went to another place. "Whatever." mutters her. Heck, couldn't hold herself back and smile, as she glances to the stuff toys at the back seat. They're sure so cute and waiting for her to hug them. But once again, she controlled herself. "She still me owe me that ice cream. I can't still forgive her." she just decided to finished her last lollipop.

 

Moments later, Yoona went back with another stuffs in her hands.

 

"I have no idea if you have tried these out but let me introduce you to our street foods... Odeng, Ddeokbokki, Ddeokggochi, and gamja hot dog. I have here our drinks too, lemmonade. Um, since I can't bring you to a restaurant, especially expensive one... Which one do you want to taste first?" Yoona cheerfully asks. She got broke after she cooked for her father. She can no longer afford even a simple restaurant.

 

Seohyun's swallowed her own saliva, as she finds all those street foods Yoona presented mouth watering. True, she has never tasted any street foods, since the palace had been so strict for her when it comes to food. She can't hold herself and bit her lip then pout her lips. Her stomach growled unconsciously, causing for her to looked down, in embarrassment.

 

Yoona smiled inwardly. "But before anything else, let's move to another location." She knew Seohyun is slowly going back to her normal self. But she can't enjoy the food in a random place. She place the paper bag that contains the food that was pack to Seohyun's lap, "You will love this place." and didn't hesitate and drive again. "Oops, don't touch anything on it yet." she teases, grinning widely.

 

Seohyun glared again to her girlfriend. Although she liked to eat as well, she doesn't liked the way she's being teased. And Yoona is sure enjoying it. But he can no longer complain. She's craving to taste street foods as well. It's just a rare chance to eat them. She should grab the chance now.  And to be honest, despite being teased or bully, she loves the effort her girlfriend is doing. It's slowly melting her heart.

 

-

 

Han River Park - Turning on the radio back as the roof of the car also opens, Yoona signals Seohyun to open the paper bag now. Seohyun hesitantly handed the bag to her instead.

 

"I'm sorry." She softly utters, earnning the younger girl's creasing of brows only. She sighs and shared the food to her casually. Seohyun just accepted it while listening to her words. "I realized I haven't tell this to you since I made you cry. It wasn't my intention to eat your ice cream. I thought it will only be okay. But hey, it was because your phone, you are ignoring it. I am worried about you."

 

Seohyun let out a sigh. Yet, she didn't say anything. She took a bite on her odeng and let her self taste it for the very first time. She silently munch on it while Yoona is watching her.

 

"So... How was it?" Yoona carefully asks while biting on her chopsticks. The lack of response is killing Yoona inside. But she is keeping her patience in check.

 

After a couple of bites, Seohyun finally replied - but through a big smile and a thumbs up.

 

"That's it? Peng?" Yoona felt sadden. She eexpectedd too much that she had make it up successfully. She needed more from it for some reasons.

 

Seohyun take more bites first before she opened to speak. "It's my first time eating these street foods. Thanks Yoongie, I appreciate it." she flashed her big smile again, hoping she's convincing.

 

"Chincha?" Yoona's mood lit up. Although it's quiet late. "So we're okay now, Peng?"

 

Sigh. Seohyun briefly looked down to her food as she turned to look at her girlfriend's eyes. "I have to apologize too as well. I got so mad just because of an ice cream. But it was because it was a rare chance for me to go out on my own and buy ice cream... I always liked that freedom feeling, Yoongie." her cheeks turned a bit red, shy with her reasons.

 

"You should have mentioned that to me." Yoona softly utters. As she now understands behind the sulky yet adorable girlfriend.

 

"But I still couldn't forgive you with that." Seohyun stubbornly continued. She bit on her food afterwards and look else where.

 

Yoona chuckled. "What do you want me to do then? So you will forgive me." she can't believe this girl still acting childish. But it's making her feel giddy inside.

 

"Nah, it's okay. These foods are okay, Yoongie." Seohyun is fluttered. But she can't let the doe-eyed girl do more for her. The lollipip, stuff toys and now the stree foods are enough. She thinks she can just ignore about the ice cream already.

 

"No. I insist. Tell me and I'll do it Peng." Yoona cheerfully smiled.

 

"I said-"

 

"Tell me." She firmly added, looking into the girl's eyes seriously.

 

Slowly but surely, Seohyun also smiled back. She look else where to think for it for a moment. "Ice cream." but she couldn't think of anything except for her favorite ice cream.

 

Yoona's mood slightly dropped. "Again?"

 

"Do you know what flavor was it?" Seohyun grinned. "You enjoyed it so much earlier. So I bet you do?" Now it's her turn to bully the doe-eyed girl.

 

Yoona pouted sadly. "I know only the watermelon but the others... they seemed unique to my taste. Can you give me clues about the two flavors?"

 

"No." Seohyun stuck her tongue out playfully. She was about to take another bite on her food when Yoona snatched it from her. "Y-Yah!"

 

"Tell me clues and I will give this back to you." Yoona grinned inwardly. She took the others too before she can take a bite.

 

"Give that back!" Seohyun however tried to snatched the paper bag. Yet, her girlfriend is fast from avoiding her advances. She tried it again, but Yoona pushes her hands. "Aish! Give that back, Yoongieeeee!!!" she can't hold it anymore and squeal on top of her lungs.

 

Yoona close her eyes tight due to the impact. Her eardrums literally exploded. Heck, before she can comply, her childishh girlfriend snatched the food from her grasp so easily. Then, she stepped out of the car and take the back seat, joining the stuff toys there. She dropped her shoulders in defeat, watching her eating through the rear view mirror in victory. "Geez, whatever. I'll just take whatever flavor. Don't go anywhere... and slow down. That's all for you." she chuckles, and left the car. She loved that sight from her though. Because that means, she won't try to cry anymore. Otherwise, the king will scold her. The reason why she can't bring her yet back to the palace, she doesn't want the king to see his daughter still not in the mood.

 

-

 

"Hmm, this is exactly the flavor, Yoongie. How did you know?" Seohyun is a happy kid once Yoona returned and handed her the flavor she liked, watermelon splash ice cream. A combination of watermelon, coconut and milk.

 

Yoona sneered. "So I've chose the right one. We're indeed destined Peng." 

 

"Jjang." Seohyun simply praised with a thumbs up, while she's enjoying her ice cream now. She couldn't say anything anymore. Her world were into the ice cream now.

 

Yoona is sure a happy kid as well. But she still can't believe her girlfriend has this side. It took her a while to finally got her smile back. Her efforts are worth it, watching the sweetest and brightest smile from her beloved girlfriend again, which is fluttering her heart at the same time. While she's enjoying the ice cream, here she is, drinking the lemonade she bought earlier.

 

She gives her the moment of enjoying her ice cream, while she's also enjoying watching her. Until --

 

"By the way, I have a better plan now on how to solve this." Yoona broke her silence, 10 minutes later.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun tilt her head to the other girl. She's finishing her ice cream.

 

Yoona smiled in amusement, noticing the dirt on her girlfriend's corn lips. She's indeed so childish. She took a tissue paper and wiped them off for her. "At least know how to eat ice cream too, Peng." she also wipes her hands. "I'm like taking care of a four year old princess."

 

"I'm 20."

 

"But acting like a kid. Tell me, what's up with you today?" Yoona is really curious with the change of behavior of her princess.

 

"I'm just taking chances while I'm not being guard though. Being with you seems to be fun and I have freedom in this country." Seohyun explained herself.

 

"Oh, really?"

 

"You know my life as a princess, Yoongie."

 

"Yeah, well... anyway." Yoona put aside the tissue paper after she cleaned her girlfriend. "As I was saying, I already know how to solve our problem."

 

Seohyun blinks twice. "How?"

 

"Set them up." Yoona beamed, confident with her plan.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Set our fathers up in one place. Then, let them talk about what they have from the past. I know it will be 50/50 situation, but I'd like to take risk. To think, it's not actually our problem, it's theirs. We're just being drag because of the past that hasn't been settled. That hasn't been cleared."

 

"How are we going to do this?" Seohyun loved what she is hearing. She has never thought of it. Maybe for the fact she's more than afraid to hurt her father.

 

Yoona smirked and bit on the last ice cream Seohyun had.

 

 

***

 

 

Upon pulling over the car in front of the palace, Yoona hastily unbuckled her seat belt and does it for the younger girl as well. After that, she stepped out of the car and grabs the stuff toys at the back seat. 

 

"I don't think I could stay longer here. We need to convince our fathers for our plan tonight. Then, we'll do the rest tomorrow." Yoona told her girlfriend, transferring the stuff toys to her girlfriend's welcoming arms.

 

"That means, we're not spending the night together, Yoongie?" A cute yet sad pout formed into Seohyun's lips.

 

"Yeah, too bad. Let me bring you to you to your room them." Yoona said as she gestures the younger girl through her hand to proceed to the door. She put her arm around her waist, as they made their way.

 

"But you're going to call, right?" Seohyun beamed - hopeful.

 

"Of course, my baby princess." Yoona sweetly says, pinching her girlfriend's chubby cheeks. She earned her giggles. She can't hold herself back and stopped them through hugging the latter, although it's hard for her to hug back, with stuff toys in her arms. "You behave okay? Don't play around Yeri."

 

"What are you talking about?" Seohyun whispered back while creasing her brows.

 

"You are a four year old kid, Yeri is older." Yoona giggles.

 

"What the... I said I'm twenty!"

 

"Twenty outside but four years old on the inside." Yoona corrected. She pulled back and kiss her forehead and once again hug her.

 

"Aigoo." Seohyun sighed with a giddy smile plastered in her face 

 

"Holy, what is that?"

 

Yoona reluctantly let go of her girlfriend as she and Seohyun turned to the source of the voice. There they saw Director Shin, in the stairs, making his way down. They both smile to him.

 

"What are those stuff toys, eh?" Director Shin pointed, couldn't believe the young princess is carrying them in her arms.

 

"YoonAsh caught them at the claw crane Director Shin. Aren't they the cutest?" Seohyun cheerfully informed and kisses the stuff toys affectionately, like her Penguin stuff toy.

 

"You are the cutest, Peng." Yoona corrected her girlfriend. Giving her a peck in her cheek without caring Director Shin's presence. The latter simply smiled at her action though.

 

"Is Appa already there, Director Shin?" Seohyun softly asks the older.

 

"He's still outside but he will be here in an hour, on time for dinner. Yeri and Seulgi, both girls are in the mini theater, watching some new romantic movies. The two is really getting along, eh?" 

 

"Chincha? Seulgi is here again?" Yoona exclaimed.

 

"Yup. She's staying over by the way. Are you too, Yoong?"

 

"No. She's going to sleep in her father tonight." Seohyun beat her girlfriend before the latter can response.

 

"Yes. Peng is right."

 

"Oh, that's good then. You must be missing him." Director Shin beamed. He's happy to see she's family oriented.

 

"I'm just here to bring her to her room." Yoona continued. "She needs to wash up after she ate ice cream." She added, to explain it.

 

"Ice cream?" Director Shin crossed his arms and squint his eyes towards the young princess. But as he demand for an explanation from her as well, the latter hastily walks away. "Seriously?"

 

"Yoongie come here now!!!" Seohyun called out while she's climbing the stairs.

 

Yoona just awkwardly bowed to the elder and catches up with her girlfriend.

 

Director Shin was left dumbfounded. He turned around and watches the two girls from the stairs. "Yah! Your highness! You know you are not allowed to eat random desserts." he tried to call but both girls just disappear in his sight. "Aigoo, except if it's her favorite." He decided to just follow them casually.

 

Yoona and Seohyun let out a sigh of relief as soon as they entered the room. They dropped their bodies to the mattress together with a bounce. Seohyun, she eventually released the stuff toys, freeing them.

 

"Now I understand why you enjoyed the street foods so much. Director Shin is strict about food as well." Yoona made a realization.

 

"Basically, he's strict with everything Yoongie." Seohyun replied as she flipped her body, lying on her chest and supported herself with her elbows. "Thank you so much for today, my prince charming." She smiled so sweet, leaning down to capture her girlfriend's pair of lips. Both of their eyes automatically closes as the small kiss started to grow into a passionate kiss. Yoona have to hold her girlfriend's head to keep her balance and to deepen more the kiss. She couldn't take it and swiftly hovers above her without breaking the kiss. Seohyun's arms claimed around her neck eventually, while against their lips.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter