Happy Together: 24

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 | Rose

 

---

 

White and high ceiling - cold but enough for her to stay comfortable in her position - Taeyeon can't figure out why she's in a room where it wasn't looked like a ward? She thought, the moment she woke up - she would see the same stuffs she can see in a ward. Instead, she can see a big glass of window, across her bed, then one on her left. So where's she? She has no idea.

 

'Ugh.' But the pain in her back, it's still fresh from her mind. The defeating explosions of the restaurant, that cause for her back pains right now. The sirens, the scream from the people around and, the blurry image of someone who picked her up off from the ground. 'Oh God, I hope I didn't lose my bone.' How much she also prayed.

 

But for now, she needs to relax herself... she needs to figure the wide room she's at, and she needs to think what have cause the explosions. 

 

"Damn, my phone." and right then, she was reminded by her device, which has the message coming from the possible bomber. Looking around, she hoped to see her phone in the night stand or somewhere in the room, but she failed to see it. Sitting up, she almost want to cry out loud when she felt a huge pain over her back. She dropped in her mattress with a short cry somehow. ", whoever did this - I'm so going to kill them. I'm so going to... " she ends up groaning without completing her sentence - feeling like it will only worsen her situation.

 

Taking a deep breath in and exhaled loudly, her mind once again runs. 'If this is actually meant for me - the explosion... They have seemed to discover now what am I doing. What I have discovered... And they want me dead before I could even tell Yul or the Im-Seo... But... they failed it. They failed to kill me. But who... who is behind of this?' Her hands formed into a fist, as she grit her teeth in the process. 'I hope it's not the person I am thinking right now. Or.. I could swear to God... I won't let him win.'

 

Suddenly, she heard a door was opened and faint foot steps was heard. Due to the wall in her right, she's being blinded by the person who enters. Her Heart beats went fast... and faster as she brace herself who could be entering the room while her are eyes fixed to that walkway.

 

Until--

 

"Puppy?" She raised her brows in confusions, as she watch a furry white Maltese running around the room. "So-"

 

"Oh You're awake." A nurse came in a second after the cute puppy entered. Her eyes went immediately to the nurse - speechless. "Good morning. How are you feeling now?" The nurse asked, showing her sweet and cute eye-smiles before placing a tray on the table next to her and went to open the curtains in her room. "His name is prince. Prince Fluffy. Do you like him? I mean my dog." 

 

For a moment, she finds herself admiring the beauty of the nurse, as the latter give that very nice greetings towards her, and the way she seems sound so nice? However, she can't fight the urge and bomb the nurse with questions, "What am I doing here? Where am I? Who are you? This isn't a hospital right? And... I haven't lose my bones, or did I?" She ends it with a sigh while intensely staring to the pretty nurse's back.

 

It's quite, at least for a good one minute, as the nurse turns and flashes another smile. "You are damn curious, No? Well, I can't blame you." She walked to her puppy in the corner and picked him up in his arms. Her eyes are on her puppy, while she rubs that back of it.

 

"Tell me honestly... I need the answers." Taeyeon demanded against her clenching teeth. She can't be calm at the moment.

 

"Miss Kim, It's not time for answers yet ." Turning her head towards the woman on the bed, The nurse approached her in the process and look at her patient from head to toe.

 

"Who brought me here?" Taeyeon strikes another question, eager to hear an answer to her questions.

 

"It's time for your shot." The nurse said, placing down the puppy next to Taeyeon and prepare the vaccine quietly.

 

"What is that for?" asked Taeyeon in concern. She grimace when the puppy went to her face, on her face out of a sudden. But she couldn't pushed it off as the nurse held her right wrist down. 

 

"This is for your wound. You'll feel a little pain, but later it will disappear. It helps the wound to heal fast, don't worry." The nurse reassured, smiling still to her poor patient. She was about to shot on her through the IV, she stopped halfway.

 

"Stop." Taeyeon's yell filled the room. "C-Can you stop this puppy?!" She was talking about the puppy, rather than the shot.

 

The nurse chuckles softly. "Come here Prince." and decided to comply. She put aside the injection to her tray before picking up the puppy away from the patient. She place her down to the floor and then returns to her work. "It's okay. You don't need to worry." but she has to reassure her again when she saw her scared face. She took the injection again and held the latter's wrist. She began giving her the vaccine, while Taeyeon is allowing her.

 

"You will tell me later... after this." Taeyeon demanded for the nth time.

 

"Will you stop that?"

 

"I won't stop until I'll get your answer."

 

The nurse giggles. "Do you want to know my name that badly?"

 

"It's okay not your name, I just need who brought me here... where am I and what about my health. I need to know the answers about these." Taeyeon stubbornly answered, not leaving her eyes to the nurse. Yeah, she's pretty. But the fact that she's an enemy, she wouldn't like to be friend with this woman.

 

"Aigoo, I'll tell you some." The nurse softly replied, putting aside the shot away and look at the woman again, straight to her eyes. "Where are you? Just look outside the window. You're in the paradise."

 

Slowly, Taeyeon's eyes travels towards the big window. She take squint her eyes and look more from the outside, until she saw a seagull, no there are a lot of them, flying freely. Slowly then she noticed a waved. 

 

"Yeah, we're in the beach." The nurse giggles again. "Isn't it exciting? Isn't it cool?"

 

"And who brought me here?" asked Taeyeon again. Doesn't have any interest to hear more of the nurse.

 

"Who am I?" The nurse ignored. "I'm nurse Hwang. Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you Miss Kim Taeyeon." She held out her hand, introducing herself.

 

"Who brought me here? Who ask you to take care of me." Taeyeon still insist, not buying the friendly gestures from the nurse.

 

Retracting her hand, the nurse named Tiffany got up and walk to the window. "Obviously you are here to recover. Since you ask why you are in this paradise." 

 

"Answer my question please."

 

Tiffany let out a soft chuckle. "So stubborn. But cute." Picking up her dog, she turn around to face Taeyeon again. "I'll comeback for breakfast. Don't move from your bed Miss Kim. Just enjoy the sound of the waves and relax, Okay? Thank you for behaving." She peacefully left with her tray and her dog in her arms.

 

Taeyeon anxiously exhales as she close her eyes and open them again. "How can I relax when I don't know if I'm safe or not? How can I relax when the family I treasure is in danger. Damn, it's hard to move with this pain."

 

===

 

 

Yoona is currently playing a chasing game with her kids in the 2nd floor; but unlike any other chasing game, it's the twins who are always chasing her and her daughter in her arms. Yoohyun's laughter is just so loud ever since they started, because Paul and Daniel are going tickle her every time they caught her. Their noises are the only thing that fills up the entire mansion every now and then. Almost all maids in the mansion can't concentrate on their work because of this. But each of them have smiles in their faces, as they're all happy the bright in the mansion has comeback ever since early in the morning, when Yoona went back from the hospital. She looks like she didn't even gone from a dengue fever. Thanks to Seohyun and the doctor that takes care of her. She had a fast recovery.

 

An hour later, Yoona and the kids finally got tired. Yes, in chasing game - as they move to the play room. 

 

"I'll get us water." Yoona said as she put her daughter down to the floor, and walked out the play room. Yoonie immediately grabs her cooking toys, while the boys sat down on the carpeted floor and started forming things their mind would like to.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona who entered the kitchen with a plastic cups container the kids' water in her hands exited, just to stop momentarily, because apparently, she can see her wife climbing the stairs in a hurry. "Seohyun? Something is wrong wifey?" She tried to ask her, but the latter seemed didn't hear her - all the way to the room.

 

Instinctively, Yoona put the cups back to the table in the kitchen and hurriedly followed her wife. Something is telling her - her wife is up to something she doesn't like to share again. But she hopes it's not some bad news. Her heart beats race nervously, until she reached their room. Seohyun's apparently sitting at the edge of the bed, searching for some files inside an envelope.

 

"Why? What are you looking for?"

 

"It's nothing, you should go back and play with the kids." Seohyun replied not giving any care to her wife. 

 

"Your old hospital records? Why?" However, Yoona can red the text on the envelope. She creased her brows in curiosity, while still feeling her nervous heart beats. "What's up?"

 

Upon finding the files she wanted to get, Seohyun just fixed the envelope and walked back to their desk, where she place the envelope to the cabinet. She was about to just really ignore her wife when Yoona took her arm, staring anxiously towards her.

 

"I won't let you get out of this room IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL ME." However, Yoona can't hold her feelings and shouted. 

 

Seohyun attempted to yank her wife's hand off of her but the latter took her other arm and held it tight, while glaring towards her. "This isn't something to share anymore. OR TO WORRY YOU!" she can't also hold her feelings and yelled back. She doesn't like Yoona holding her so tight right now. "LET GO OF ME!"

 

"I'M NOT LETTING GO IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL ME THAT!" Yoona shouted back, carelessly. "THIS OBVIOUSLY WILL WORRY ME. SO SPEAK UP!"

 

Outside, Yoohyun was about to enter the room when she heard the shouts that startles her. The twins who heard the shouts also runs to the master bedroom, almost reaching for the door if Narsha didn't got their hands and pushed them gently away from it.

 

"Omma, Daddy~" Yoohyun cried, while trying to understand what is going on inside the master bedroom. She can still hear shouts, that she doesn't understand well. She only understands, her Daddy and her Omma are fighting, which worries her a lot at the moment.

 

"What is happening inside, Narsha Noona?" Paul asked in concern, while trembling, indicating that he's about to cry. Daniel wanted to ask too but Narsha beats him.

 

"Let's not barge in. Let's go back to the play room. It's nothing to worry.

 

Yoohyun wanted to enter, but Narsha had already picked her up and drags the twins to the play room. Paul and Daniel can no longer take and both of them are crying as well. Narsha have to ask for another maid to help her with the kids.

 

Meanwhile, in the master bedroom, Seohyun had sat down in the bed again after she loses over Yoona's power.

 

"These are the files I need to send to my old hospital. It's... something that I should pass because... " Seohyun wiped her tears before she continues, "They're not even allowing me to go back - after they have also known the reason why the president have ask me to leave the hospital." as much as she wanted to keep it from Yoona, she can no longer hold it inside. Her chest is so heavy already, ever since she knew about the 'danger'. "These are my files for my leave."

 

Yoona was speechless, as she takes the empty space next to her wife. "For... what reason?" her body is apparently weak, upon learning her wife seems not working from now on? Reaching for her cheeks, she gently wipes off the tears streaming down on it, through her thumb. Watching her wife hurting like this just breaks her heart. But she's not going to stop asking until she'll know the problem.

 

Seohyun held Yoona's wrist and honestly tells the truth, "Yoong-ah... Someone... s-someone is out there... planning to hurt me or... to hurt our family. The hospital doesn't like to get involve with this when they discovered... so... they are asking me to leave the hospital... and now as I've ask to comeback to my previous hospital, they... they refuse to also. Now, they want me to leave in my work and ask me to pass these documents for the complete process..."

 

"Someone? A bad guy?" Yoona asked, heart beats almost stop for a second upon hearing it. Her arms goose bumps at the same time. "When-when did you got this?" She slowly held her wife's hands, as she look for an answer still. "And how'd you know?"

 

"Doctor Oh, He ask me to come in the CCTV room, where I found a man, asking for the nurse about my schedule with a gun pointing to her. That means one thing, the man is being ask to hurt me or our family." Seohyun looked down as she cried while covering her face. Yoona instinctively pulled her, bringing her head on top of her shoulder and comfort her. However, the doe-eyed girl is in the midst of absorbing the information she heard. Though she's rubbing the back of her wife, her mind is at the midst of process the information. As time passes, her tears also rolls down, as she now understands their situation.

 

Seohyun on the other hand broke down - probably the 2nd time. One with Yul and now with her wife. It's not anymore about her leave in the hospital, it's also the worry she still have over her family. She felt like she's paranoid every time she can think of it - it's killing her the more she had keep it. But now, as she shared it with her wife, her chest is now starting to feel light. She didn't regret she shared it with her right now, while it's not yet late.

 

In the play room, Narsha is apparently in a bad mood - because all three kids are crying and won't even stop no matter how she and the two maids will give them a lot of stories. It looks like, the kids knew well their parents, they can't fool them.

 

"Aigoo, they're crying but they look so cute and adorable." Narsha gives up, sighing in the process. Apparently, Yoohyun who's crying on the floor while hugging her parent's pillow that has their photos looks the cutest, whilst the twins are crying under their table. Both are shouting for their Daddy and Omma to stop fighting.

 

-

 

"And apparently, Taeyeon Unnie can't be contacted." Seohyun says softly, as she pulled back, right after she calms down. 

 

Yoona checks if there are still tears in her wife's cheeks - she sighed in relief to see nothing anymore. However, Seohyun wiped a single tear in the corner of her eyes, which made her smile, as she find it funny. "Is this why the securities in the mansion are more alert than the last time? I thought it's just weird, so it has reason... and it's more serious than the stalkers."

 

"Yes, you're right. Um, I've already asked Appa and Omma about this, and they also can't contact her. They are already searching for her ever since last night. Omma and Appa are also helping us to search for this unknown death threats." Seohyun also informed. "But... Yoong, I'm asking you to be careful as well. It's not like we have bodyguards around, nothing bad will happen. We can't guarantee about our safety still, okay? Go home straight after work, understood?"

 

"Yes. I promise. What about the kids?"

 

"Well, since I'm now... jobless... I can go with them. I can take care of them. We'll be going home straight after school as well. For now, at least... until this will be solve." Seohyun put on a warm smile, as she cupped her cheeks. "Don't worry, we'll get this through together."

 

"I apologize - I mean for shouting earlier. I just... couldn't hold it. I was pissed that I couldn't understand what's your doing. And, it got worsens when you also out burst. Don't worry also... we'll get your job soon."

 

"I hope so." Seohyun softly replied. There's a hint of sadness in her voice. "Because I think, whether we'll get this through, I can no longer go back. I have to give up on it, for our family. Like what you did for yours. We're all in this together, indeed."

 

A soft chuckle escapes Yoona's lips. She took her wife's hands and kiss the back of it while staring to her eyes. "I'm proud of you. I'm a proud Daddy Yoong."

 

"I'm proud of you too." Seohyun sweetly smiled. She leaned in and kiss her wife's lips, that the other also kiss back. "Let's help protect this family." 

 

"Yoona? Seohyun?" Narsha's voice was heard outside accompanied by two knocks. "Can you guys go out now? It sounds like you both have calm down already."

 

Yoona and Seohyun turned their heads to the door then looked into each other's eyes with wide eyes .

 

"What could it be?" Both are too oblivious.

 

"Let's go out." Yoona stood up and ushers her wife to come out with her. As they open the door for Narsha, they gasps to see her uniform has some color, coming from a water color or something. "Unnie what happened?" Yoona asked in behalf of her wife.

 

"Oh God, I think you both didn't hear what happened outside while you guys are fighting." Narsha sighed in disappointment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter