CheerLeader: 01

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

01 | Childhood pt. 1

 

 

***

 

The sky was blue, the air was crisp, and the sun was shining gloriously. One girl is apparently enjoying the weather, while her sweet and beautiful smile can't be stop from forming in her face. Not only does the weather is making her having this good mood, she loved watching the flowers, cherry blossoms especially, dancing in her eyes, as the car is passing through smoothly. 

 

She felt lucky that she made her decision right; travelling in Paris in their spring season because not all the time she gets to experience this. It's one of a kind opportunity to have witness their beautiful spring.

 

Shortly, she can now see the famous Eiffel tower, but still far away to go out and enjoy the view.

 

But looking at it from the distance, it made her touch her ring, hanging  as a necklace on top of her chest. That big smile in her face slowly disappears, as She was reminded by her mother. She sighed, once again felt that longing for her. 

 

I'm forever missing you, Omma.

 

"Your highness, do you want to visit the Eiffel tower before going to your hotel?" The driver suddenly distracted her thoughts - she sweetly smiled and slowly nod her head as a response. The driver simply smiled back, through the rear view mirror.

 

Thinking of taking photos of the beautiful trees outside, she gradually fished her phone out from the pocket of her gray jacket and opened it. However, her eyes caught the attention of an unread message. Her brows rose as she opened the message.

 

Yeri: [I hate you, Unnie!]

 

A soft chuckle left her lips as she reminded herself about leaving her sister alone in the airport. Instead of answering through a message, she pressed the call button and casually pressed the phone against her right ear. It took only seconds and her sister answered. "Wae? I thought you said you want to go alone as well?"

 

[You didn't prepared me! You should have said goodbyes first!]

 

"You are busy reading those books." She let out another chuckle, recalling that her sister had been so busy reading some books in a certain bookstore inside the airport. She left without her knowing. "Do you want me to disturb you?"

 

[Ara, ara. I know the way to the hotel.]

 

"Besides, you have Bodyguard Park there."

 

[Ugh, I hate him. I prefer your bodyguard slash driver.]

 

Her eyes averted to her good looking driver upon hearing her sister. "What's good about him?"

 

[Driver Kim Soohyun is better than bodyguard Park Chanyeol you know. Coz you know what? He's handsome, charming, kind and really taking care of you. While Park Chanyeol, he's freaking annoying.]

 

"That's it?" She chuckled at the silly reason she heard. "You're not making any sense."

 

[And to think, he's new.]

 

"Be careful with your words Yeri-ah. He might hear it."

 

[Aish! Whatever Unnie! I need to hang up now. I still have to go to a mall.]

 

"Whoa, whoa... hold on. Why are you going there straight? Instead of the hotel?" Seohyun got alarmed. As the older sister, she's her responsibility. Especially that they're in a foreign country that no one recognizes them - except probably the government, because they're welcomed earlier in the airport. Much to her distress, the call ended. "Aish." she hissed in frustrations. "I can't believe her. If something bad will happen to her, I'm surely going to not care! Ever!"

 

"Is there any problem your highness?"

 

"My sister. So stubborn, going on somewhere rather than going straight to the hotel!" Seohyun can't help it and still shows her frustrations over her sister. She opened the window car to let the air enter, and calm her nerves down. She fan herself through her left, while she's trying to call her sister. Unfortunately, the girl is not answering anymore. "Damn this girl. I'm seriously going to kill her later."

 

Her driver Mr. Kim smiled in amusement. "You might want to enjoy the Eiffel tower now, your highness." as slowly, he finally pulled over the car, in a parking lot, just near the Eiffel tower.

 

Seohyun's eyes eventually landed outside. Her heart skips a beat out of excitement. The last time she honestly visited the place is back when she's still five, with her late mother. The sweet and good memories from the past came rushing into her mind, causing for her to feel the excitement inside.

 

She took her sunglasses right away and went out before her driver could open it for her. Without further ado, she is just like a kid again, jogging towards the magnificent view of the tower, so she can have a closer look. Her driver just casually followed, not minding if his boss will be mob or something. No one recognized her after all.

 

"Wow." was all that Seohyun can say, as she looks up to the tall tower, with full admiration. It has never change. It's still the same - beautiful and standing strong, no other words can describe it. In fact, the memories she had with her mother in this very place is still so fresh.

 

Seohyun's the happy kid once again, despite being 20.

 

Taking her sunglasses off and taking her ring, she hold it up - and looked up at the very end of the tower through the hole of her ring. "They say, if you put a precious ring up, in front of the tower, and wish for something, it will be granted." she said softly, the way her mother did years ago. Slowly closing her eyes, she thought of a wish silently inside her mind. The wind blows against her cheeks, keeping her smile throughout. Until someone have accidentally bumped into her, her thoughts were distracted, as she almost fell on the ground.

 

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." The French guy apologizes and quickly went away.

 

Seohyun was frozen for a moment in her place - but not until she realized something have left her neck. "My ring." Her heart beats in panic. She looked around in the ground, searching for her ring. She can't find it near around her. Thinking it must have rolled somewhere, she decided to look more.

 

Meanwhile, in the other side, one brown haired girl is also admiring the tower. She has this sweet and bright smile ever since she started taking photos of the popular tower. Like the others are doing in her side.

 

Suddenly thinking of bringing out her ring hanging as necklace, the ring that her late mother have gave, she hold it up and take photos of her ring, while the tower is behind of it.

 

Her smile becomes a smug, as she felt proud for her own photography skills.

 

But that smug in her face was broke when the wind blows too hard, and a person riding a bicycle almost crush on her. She swiftly turns around to avoid it. And in that moment, her hold over her ring have release. Maybe because she has stretch on her necklace when she releases it, the ring flew off,  and dropped on the ground, rolling away from her momentarily.

 

"What the." Hastily, she follows her ring wherever it will take her until she came to a stop, as the ring have also stop. "Hmm?" Her brows rose upon realizing it stopped because of another ring. She was about ti approach the rings when she realized a girl, maybe 10 steps away from her is standing, eyeing the rings.

 

Slowly but surely, the girl looked the other girl in the eyes.

 

Yoona felt as if her world have suddenly become blurry, she can only see her eyes. A very familiar eyes, to be honest. But she never had seen her, how ironic. Heck, he can't deny herself, she has beautiful pair of eyes.

 

Seohyun on the other hand freezes - as if hypnotize or something. She felt familiarity with the presence of the girl, but she somehoe couldn't figure when and where did she meet her? Or she's just being silly? Whatever it is, it's hard to look away for some reason.

 

The two of them finds themselves standing froze, while can't take each others' eyes... or gazes. As if it's a battle no one dares to look away.

 

 

 

--- 12 years ago ---

 

 

Little Joohyun woke up in an early morning, bright and ready to enjoy the rest of the day like another day, when she heard continuous knocks on her door. Instead of doing her usual routine, which is parting the curtains and greet Mr. Sunshine a very bright face, she forcefully walked to the door, clad in her floral pajamas while carrying her favorite penguin stuff toy, opens the door gently with curious eyes to whom who knocks on her door.

 

"Mr. Shin? What's the matter?" asked her innocently, looking up to the old man wearing in his usual tuxedo.

 

"Your highness." The director of the palace bowed in respect to the only daughter of the king. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to change your clothes now. We're going somewhere."

 

Joohyun's brows rose. "Where?"

 

"Hmm, somewhere I couldn't yet tell."

 

"At this early, Mr. Shin? Isn't it breakfast time first?" Joohyun looked at the wall clock in her room, and she frown to found out, it's already 7am. There are only 30 minutes left for the palace's breakfast.

 

Mr. Shin smiled at the witty question from the little princess. She's just 8 years old but she talk so well already. "Yes, her highness. It's breakfast time, however, something came up - and I think we need to have breakfast outside the palace."

 

"Where are we really going Mr. Shin?" Joohyun still couldn't comply, as she feels so curious about the place they're going. "But where's Omma? Where's Appa?" She hasn't even seen her mother, she wanted to see her mother first at times like this, since it's early and breakfast time.

 

Can no longer wait, Director Shin pushed the little princess gently back inside her huge room, as he walks in completely. "We're going to see Omma and Appa later. But before that, let's change clothes, okay?" He reached to her closet and open it. He simply just brought the one piece of a white dress and turns around. "I almost forgot… Aigoo…" His thoughts ends up in his mind when he finds himself alone. Which means, the little princess have gone outside. "I'm Shin, 45, yet… still strong to capture this little naughty princess." without a doubt, he put aside the dress and runs outside - "Your highness!!!" he immediately saw Joohyun, running in the long hallway like a girl who just want to escape from her terror teacher or someone who have escape from her jail. "I don't have enough time for this! We have to hurry and gooooo!!!!"

 

Joohyun looks back and giggles, running fast as she can. The corridor is too long, so there's no reason she will stop. The finish line is still so far. "Peng run with me to the mooooon!!!!" she cheers herself up, as if the penguin in her left arm will answer her.

 

But no matter how fast she is, her steps are so little, that she was caught half of what she had run. Director Shin picked her up in his arms right away, before she can complain or ask for more.

 

"Just tell me now please!!! Mr. Shin!!!" However, she can wail whenever she wants. "Joohyun wants to know!!!"

 

Mr. Shin ignored all the little princess' pleads and went back to her room. He locked the door close and put her down to the bed. However, he almost forgot, she hasn't showered. So he picked her up again and made their way to the bathroom. He put her inside the small bath tub.

 

"Where?" Joohyun crossed her arms, looking straight to the old man. "AHHHHH!!!" But the water that flows above her immediately just made her wail and shiver, which made her thoughts about earlier washed away. Soon, she behaves and enjoyed the shower in her pajamas?

 

Mr. Shin can't help and smile, watching the little princess all so soak and wet.

 

-

 

"You're not yet telling me." Joohyun crossed her arms again, glaring innocently to her father, who was just next to her, inside the car. She has no idea with the road they're taking. If she knew, she would probably not asking. But her father looks like not planning to tell her, as he was seemed spacing out in his seat. Joohyun creased her brows in puzzlement. "Appa…" she poke his arm, trying to snapped him back to reality. Unfortunately, her touch is not that hard. "Appa, are you okay?" she tried for the 2nd time, this time, she held his arm and shook it gently.

 

The king slowly went back from his own trance, looking down to his little princess momentarily. "Joohyun? What's wrong?"

 

"Should I ask Appa about that?" Joohyun asked in concern. "What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing." The king smiled warmly, caressing his daughter's cheeks briefly. "Appa is just tired."

 

"Chincha?" Joohyun held her father's hand gently and slowly, she massages it gently. She smiled, from ear to ear when he saw him smiled so big now, unlike earlier. "Appa should tell Joohyun right away if he's tired."

 

The King only nod his head, not leaving his precious' little girl's eyes. He felt a bit bad for lying for his little angel. However, he has no guts to tell her. Maybe, just making her see the truth is the best thing to do. No matter how hard it is, she has to know - she has the right to know. "Joohyun… "

 

"Hmm?" Joohyun just hum, while still massaging her father's right hand. His huge soft hand in her little hands.

 

"Don't ever change, sweetheart." came Mr. Seo's soft and warm voice. Reaching for his daughter's hands, through his left hand, he squeezed them. "Don’t ever change because Appa is so proud to see you like this. Bubbly, sweet, kind, naughty sometimes… and really… thoughtful. I and your mother is really proud to have you as our daughter… our little princess."

 

"What are you saying Appa?" Joohyun chuckled, finding it funny. "But where's Omma? Isn't she supposed to be with us? She has comeback last night from China right? Why isn't she around yet?"

 

"We will see her later - don't worry. Hmm? But promise me first, you won't change after this sweetheart."

 

"Change? Of course not. How will I change? This is me." Joohyun playfully pat her chest, proud of what seems to be her father have liked about her.

 

The King chuckles softly. He gives his daughter a light pinch on her puffy cheeks and pulled her into his embrace.

 

"Wait." However, Joohyun yanks her father's arms around her, as she reached for her stuff toy and embrace it. "Peng also needs a hug from me and you." she flashed a bright smile, earning another pinch of her cheeks from her father. Right then, she sighed in content, as soon as her father's arms wrapped around her petite body. A big and innocent smile formed across her face.

 

-

 

Puzzled and yet curious, Joohyun can see people paying respect to her and her father, as they walk into the hospital. Still carrying her stuff toy in her right arm, her left is holding her father's hand. She would constantly bow until they reach a certain room, wherein she saw her relatives - her uncle and aunties are present outside the room she has no idea what's inside. She just politely complied when her father asked her to come with her inside the room.

 

There's a hospital bed in the middle, with a blanket, covering someone - which made Joohyun wonder who is inside that blanket. But before she can raise her curiosity, her father stepped forward and slowly opened the blanket. Her heart beats quicken when she only saw the shoulder of that person lying on the bed, sensing that she knew that white porcelain skin. Slowly, her eyes travel up, to the person's face - her side profile. Her skin, she realized it's so pale and her lips are like as white as the tofu.

 

"Omma?" Her brows creased, as she looked at her father with questioning eyes. Because apparently, she has a weird feeling about this.

 

Mr. Seo looked down to his daughter can't hold his tears as it drops sadly from his eyes. Joohyun looked back to his mother, lying on the bed. Chest tightens as her tears are slowly dropping from the corner of her eyes - as her brain now process the idea of being left by someone she really loves. "No-No-No way… no… Omma… " raising her left hand while it's shaking, she touched her mother's arm - only to feel it so cold. Which means, there are no sign of life anymore. "OMMAAAA!!! Wake up! Wake up! Wake uuuup!!!" she abruptly shakes her arm, trying to wake her mother up. But instead of what she likes to see, she remains sleeping… and probably forever.

 

Dropping on the floor, she hugs her peng so tight and cried out so loud. She felt like everything is too sudden. She doesn't want to believe that this is reality. Everything is so shock for her - you can't blame her. Especially when just last week, she had a good time with her mother, enjoying the day in a hot air balloon festival.  But as time passes, It breaks her heart into pieces - accepting the fact - that she just loss her mother. There's no more of her who will sing a lullaby every time it's sleeping time. There's no more of her who will greet her in the morning with her sweet smiles, loving kisses and playful tickling game. There's no more of her, who will feed her every time she can't feed herself. And there's no more of her, who will always bring her to the nearest ice cream parlor and buy her favorite sweet potato

 

"Omma… Omma… " she cried and cried in misery, didn't realize Mr. Shin have already picked her up in his arms and bring her out of the room. She only realized when she felt like she's already moving and that her surro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter