WHTM 26

What Hurts The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting alone in the house is kind of weird for her. Especially it’s her first time in that new environment and also since she started to move in, her husband was with her. And now, starting today her husband going to work, she spends another two hours thinking what she’s going to do. Alone.

 

It’s not that before this her husband would give idea of what she should do, but at least bickering with him is an activity. She sits on the white three-seater couch and leans her head at the hand-rest.

 

“I should be working by now. Where did that Human Resource guy went for two weeks”, she complains to herself as she got jealous over her husband who starts to work again today after their ‘honeymoon holiday’ which actually never happens. The honeymoon itself never happens.

 

Then, she hears her ringtone rang. She lifelessly picks up her phone.

 

“Hello”

 

“Is this Mrs.Kim Saemi?”

 

“Yes. Who is this?”

 

“My name is Kang Soo Jin. I am a receptionist from K Publishing Group. You told me to call me if the Human Resource is back working”

 

“Yeah..is he back?” Saemi shot up when she hears the receptionist called her.

 

“Yes. He’s back. Will you come today?”

 

“Yes. I’ll be there”

 

 

 

The smile on her face showing to her as she quickly runs towards her room and grab her office attire.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Saemi enters the company door with a big smile on her face walking towards the receptionist desk. “Hye, my name is Jang Saemi” as she mentions her name. She remembered something wrong.

 

 

“Well, the HR is waiting for you. Get in the elevator and press the number 14. His office is at the right”, she said and continue doing her work.

 

 

 

She nods her head and walks towards the elevator. She furrows her brows as she wonders. She still remembers that she mentioned to the receptionist that her name is Jang Saemi. But when she spoke to the receptionist through the phone, she called her Kim Saemi.

 

The question still wonders around her mind. She never told the lady her name as Kim.

 

 

 

 

She presses the number of 14 and tries to forget about it. She looks at the number available and could see that there are 16 floors altogether.

 

 

The elevator stops for multiple times before it reaches the floor that she needed to stop at. She knows how busy here is. It’s almost the same as the company in the US. Just that people in here are a bit unfriendly. They don’t really talk to each other. It wonders her if people here are even friends.

 

 

She walks out of the elevator and walks to the right, following where the receptionist told her to.

 

 

On the door, it’s written HR  with alphabets. She knocks on the door a few times, waiting for his respond.

 

 

 

“Come in”

 

As she opens the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter