WHTM 19

What Hurts The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saemi looks at her own reflection at the long length mirror. A worker fixing the bottom part of the dress, making sure it looks fine and didn’t crumple.

When the worker is done, she stands up and gives Saemi a smile through the mirror. “How do you feel in the dress?”, she asks her before fixing Saemi’s chest part.

“I don’t know what makes me feel suffocating. Whether this dress or the wedding itself”, she said making the worker chuckles.

“You are lucky getting married to such a good-looking man. I am jealous of you”, she said and sit down at a chair nearby.

 

“Can we end the wedding quickly so I don’t have to feel embarrassed?”, she picks up her phone to check on her SNS.

There’s a lot of people congratulating her and telling her reasons why some of them can’t come to her wedding.

She could feel herself feeling sick from reading all the words especially ‘congrats’. She gives out a painful and tired sigh.

 

 

“How’s my daughter doing?”, she hears the sound of her father’s voice welcoming her making her turning around fully.

“Appa..omma”, she calls out them after seeing her father entering while wheeling her mother together.

 

She puts down the hand bouquet and walks towards the parents. She kneels herself so that her eyes are the same level with her mother’s. “I’m sorry for burdening you, omma. You must be feeling tired and all”, she looks down, feeling guilty that the wedding will tired off her mother.

 

“Aaaniii….”, her mother responds and caress her soft hair. “Yooouuu’rree ssoo bbeeeaauuttiiiifuuulll”, her mother said with tears falling down her cheeks.

Saemi looks up and smiles at what her mother just said. “Thanks, omma”, she replied and gives her mother an innocent smile before glancing at her father. Her smile slowly fades as she could sense her father’s troubled face.

 

She slowly stands up and bits her lower lip. She wanted to know what’s bothering her father so much. As she opens , suddenly knocks heard from the door. “The wedding will be starting in 5”, they all heard the sound of a male voice from outside.

“Ne..”, Sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter